Home

Madden 22 PS5 1990 Roster

This is a discussion on Madden 22 PS5 1990 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2022, 09:02 PM   #241
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 22 PS5 1990 Roster

So Madden Share remains busted for me, if anyone can post a couple screens from the roster on here that would be very appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2022, 09:14 PM   #242
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
So Madden Share remains busted for me, if anyone can post a couple screens from the roster on here that would be very appreciated!
I sent Armor and Sword a message to see if he has any videos or pictures of the roster. Hopefully he does and gets back to me or contacts you directly.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:52 PM   #243
Pro

Having issues too. Absolutely ridiculous
Old 01-20-2022, 10:59 PM   #244
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Here is some footage from the 1990 Dolphins at Bills.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1224374188?t=00h07m26s
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-23-2022, 04:47 PM   #245
Pro

Teach, I apologize if I missed this in the thread, but what are you seeing run/pass wise and what is your rational with the suggested team offensive playbooks with this set. Not the generic ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2022, 05:43 PM   #246
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
Teach, I apologize if I missed this in the thread, but what are you seeing run/pass wise and what is your rational with the suggested team offensive playbooks with this set. Not the generic ones.
The playbooks are based on run/pass percentages I saw when doing a lot of testing of playbooks when the game first came out. I then compared the test results to the actual run/pass ratios for teams in 1990. I also looked at the formations used in the playbook compared to the 1990s teams.

As far as what I am seeing, I use the generic playbooks because they give a MUCH better representation of 1990s football. I do that for games I sim as well. Since I use 32 team control it makes it easy. Before each game I set up gameplanning for both teams. Then I go to play the game and use either guest or a 2nd profile for the other team. I set the playbooks for both teams based on the generic playbook list. The, I use normal speed sim. The results are pretty good and largely mimic my played games.

Overall I see great playcalling results all around. Stats have been really good as a result too. They have been close to real life numbers, but more important they have been good in terms of team play style and the context of the game. For example, I just played against the Eagles and I was shutting down their run most of the game. They kept trying to run with very limited success. The game was close so they kept trying to run. However, later in the game they started throwing more and Cunningham ran 4 times. I I won the game and I think the Eagles ended up passing for 52%.
Old 01-23-2022, 06:39 PM   #247
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
The playbooks are based on run/pass percentages I saw when doing a lot of testing of playbooks when the game first came out. I then compared the test results to the actual run/pass ratios for teams in 1990. I also looked at the formations used in the playbook compared to the 1990s teams.

As far as what I am seeing, I use the generic playbooks because they give a MUCH better representation of 1990s football. I do that for games I sim as well. Since I use 32 team control it makes it easy. Before each game I set up gameplanning for both teams. Then I go to play the game and use either guest or a 2nd profile for the other team. I set the playbooks for both teams based on the generic playbook list. The, I use normal speed sim. The results are pretty good and largely mimic my played games.

Overall I see great playcalling results all around. Stats have been really good as a result too. They have been close to real life numbers, but more important they have been good in terms of team play style and the context of the game. For example, I just played against the Eagles and I was shutting down their run most of the game. They kept trying to run with very limited success. The game was close so they kept trying to run. However, later in the game they started throwing more and Cunningham ran 4 times. I I won the game and I think the Eagles ended up passing for 52%.
I appreciate the response. I should have been more specific in my question. What pass/percentages did you see with each of the team playbooks you suggest?

Also, off topic.........but bphit44 has an 02 roster in the vault. Has correct ages and portraits of some of the big name guys of the era. Anyone know how they were able to do this on the PS5? Is it possible to use a roster editor on a PC then import it to the PS5?

Last edited by Steelers4190; 01-23-2022 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:11 PM   #248
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
I appreciate the response. I should have been more specific in my question. What pass/percentages did you see with each of the team playbooks you suggest?

Also, off topic.........but bphit44 has an 02 roster in the vault. Has correct ages and portraits of some of the big name guys of the era. Anyone know how they were able to do this on the PS5? Is it possible to use a roster editor on a PC then import it to the PS5?
Here is what my testing resulted in. Keep in mind, these numbers are the averages of of 5 full season sims, simming the whole season at once. I also played some games to make sure that the results were at least comparable to what I saw through simming:

Team: pass/run
Atlanta: 59-41
Indianapolis: 51-49
Las Vegas: 59-41
Chicago: 56-44
LA Rams: 57-43
San Fran: 53-47
Dallas: 55-45
NYG: 55-45
TB: 61-39
GB: 54-46
NYJ: 59-41
Ten: 50-50

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »