Home

Madden 22 PS5 1990 Roster

This is a discussion on Madden 22 PS5 1990 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2021, 10:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Madden 22 PS5 1990 Roster

Yes, it is a bit early for this thread, but I wanted to give everyone a head's up on my plans.

First, as some of you know, I originally thought I would moving to Xbox for nextGen. However, I was able t get a PS5 also, so I decided to make my rosters their instead for M22.

I have played M21 on NextGen and it was outstanding. As a matter of fact, I recently finished a 1999 roster for Xbox, but I have not posted it yet.

Anyway, having played M21 and hearing all of the info about M22, I believe it will be a great game and with all of the franchise mode changes, I believe/hope that classic rosters will perform better in that mode.

With all of that in mind, here is my plan for Madden 22.

I will be making a 1990 season roster as soon as I get the game. The goal is for that roster to be used for Franchise mode and hopefully be able to take advantage of all of the game planning additions. I still say controlling all 32 teams will be the best bet.
One thing that frustrates me about editing in Madden is that you cannot set development traits and abilities in the main menu editing. That can only be done in franchise mode. That also means that when you import the roster into franchise mode, players have abilities that do not match them. So, I will also post on here, a document list for my suggestions for SuperStars and XFactor players. It will then be on you to set all of that up. It is time consuming for sure, but worth it I believe.

Aside from the 1990 roster itself, I also plan on making a 1991 draft class to go along with the roster. We will see if I make beyond that or not, but I would like to at least get one draft class done. I am hoping that with the new scouting it will make that whole process even better.

So that is the plan. I have my files ready to go for the roster and draft class, I just have to wait for the game to come out. Between now and then I will continue to adjust little things here and there with my files and decide who should be Xfactors and SuperStars and what abilities they should have. If you have any suggestions in that area, please let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2021, 10:28 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Madden 22 PS5 1990 Roster

File Name: 1990
PSN: Iteachhistory78

Current teams complete: AFC East, Central, West; NFC East
Bills, Dolphins, Colts, Jets, Patriots, Bengals, Steelers, Oilers, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs, Seahawks, Chargers, Broncos, Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys, Cardinals, Bears, Buccaneers, Lions, Packers, Vikings, 49ers, Saints, Rams, Falcons
Expansion Teams: All 4 are complete and based on CFL teams.

Playbooks suggestions:
Bills: O: TEN D: PITT
Dolphins: O: GB D: PITT
Colts: O: LVR D: TB
Jets: O: TEN D: BUF
Patriots: O: NYJ D: DET
Bengals: O: TEN D: PITT
Steelers: O: TEN D: PITT
Oilers: O: RunNShoot D: SF
Browns: O: NYJ D: DAL
Raiders: O: TEN D: SEA
Chiefs: O: TEN D: PITT
Seahawks: O: TEN D: SEA
Chargers: O: IND D: TB
Broncos: O: NYG D: ARI
Giants: O: TEN D: TB
Eagles: O: TEN D: NO
Redskins: O: IND D: BUF
Cowboys: O: LVR D: DAL
Cardinals: O: IND D: ARI
Bears: O: TEN D: NO
Buccaneers: O: DAL D: TB
Lions: O: RunNShoot D: DET
Packers: O: LVR D: PIT
Vikings: O: NYG D: MIN
49ers: O: West Coach D: ARI
Saints: O: TEN D: ARI
Rams: O: LVR D: DET
Falcons: O: ATL D: ARI

Playbooks suggestions for Play Now and played games in Franchise mode
Bills: O: West Coast D: 3-4
Dolphins: O: West Coast D: 3-4
Colts: O: West Coast D: 3-4
Jets: O: West Coast D: 4-3
Patriots: O: West Coast D: 3-4
Bengals: O: West Coast D: 3-4
Steelers: O: Run Heavy D: 3-4
Oilers: O: RunNShoot D: 4-3
Browns: O: West Coast D: 4-3
Raiders: O: West Coast D: 4-3
Chiefs: O: Run Heavy D: 3-4
Seahawks: O: West Coast D: 4-3
Chargers: O: LAR or Run Heavy D: 3-4
Broncos: O: Run Heavy D: 3-4
Giants: O: Run Heavy D: 3-4
Eagles: O: West Coast D: 4-3
Redskins: O: LAR or Run Heavy D: 4-3
Cowboys: O: West Coast D: 4-3
Cardinals: O: LAR or Run Heavy D: 3-4
Bears: O: Run Heavy D: 4-3
Buccaneers: O: West Coast D: 3-4
Lions: O: RunNShoot D: 3-4
Packers: O: West Coast D: 3-4
Vikings: O: West Coast D: 4-3
49ers: O: West Coach D: 3-4
Saints: O: West Coast D: 3-4
Rams: O: West Coast D: 3-4
Falcons: O: ATL D: 3-4

To add to this roster I also created 2 draft classes, 1991 and 1992. Both draft classes are complete with every player who was drafted in those years. Because there are more players in the EA draft classes, there are some fake players, but they are all rated and equipped to match the rest of the class.
All of the ratings use my system and the players should fit right in with the 1990 roster.

File names:

Last edited by Iteachpercussion; 01-13-2022 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Update on roster
Old 07-01-2021, 01:34 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

My favorite era of football for both College and NFL.

I wish EA with all the new HFA stuff allowed teams to play in older Stadiums like RFK, Oakland Coliseum, Texas Stadium, Veteran Stadium and Bush Memorial.

Imagine some of the effects or boost those teams would get in those buildings

For example the Rams players on offense speed boost to replicate the Greatest Show on Turf

The Raiders intimidation factor at the Coliseum opposing teams players get rattled right out the gate by the thug crowd

Veteran Stadiums hostile bigger hits by the Eagles defense players more prone to injuries at veteran stadium.

Heck even the old Sun Devil Stadium out here where I reside could have high fatigue/energy effect do to extreme heat for players

Not sure why EA took away all the old stadiums as an option to play in since they still had access to them in older games.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-01-2021, 01:48 PM   #4
MVP

The use of classic stadiums would simply be amazing! Old Cleveland Municipal Stadium with nasty painted dirt instead of real grass. LOL Dog bones all of the Dawg Pound endzone. LOL

It would be really neat to see the old astroturf too instead of the grassy turf.

I am hopeful that EA brings back building stadiums in some form. I know it is not going to be this year, but hopefully soon. I know there are folks who would spend the time to really make the stadiums look great!
Old 07-01-2021, 03:15 PM   #5
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

I absolutely love all the classic rosters. I used your 1991 on M20 and with the use of some combined draft classes I finished 12-13 seasons and made it up to the 2018 draft. Was just an outstanding franchise that I kinda joked was basically a MUT multi-year experience. Was really fun having Steve Young run read option stuff as I basically just played it like it was current day football.

I haven't yet secured a PS5 but I am intrigued by the updates to the franchise mode so I know I will be giving a go this year. However, history tells me that it may take some time after launch for the mode to be running a level conducive to a nice franchise experience. That's why I'm currently planning on using Soundwave's 1998 roster for another go on M20 as I've found whole draft classes for 1999 thru 2021. 1998 represents a special year for me as a niner fan since it ended up being the final year of the dynasty. I'm also gonna try to run this franchise in more of a classic niner dynasty offense with everything being undercenter. I'm kinda an X's and O's guys that has a great love of the offense Bill Walsh called and the variation of it.

Having said all that, I just love the long-term play ability your guys classic roster give this game. I know I'm probably gonna play M22 but it may be well after launch once Ive got a PS5, the game has been ironed out and you guys have been given the proper time to make these great rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2021, 03:22 PM   #6
Pro

I would have loved to be able to use 3 Rivers Stadium with Teach's 92 set. Man that would have been fun. Especially since IRL that was the best team they had in like a decade. People forget they entered the playoffs as a #1 seed that year. Would have just been cool to see replicated
Old 07-01-2021, 03:30 PM   #7
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
I would have loved to be able to use 3 Rivers Stadium with Teach's 92 set. Man that would have been fun. Especially since IRL that was the best team they had in like a decade. People forget they entered the playoffs as a #1 seed that year. Would have just been cool to see replicated

I'd love to have a Candlestick as well....Classic stadiums, Classic Uniforms and Classic Playbooks would be an opportunity for them to get some micro transactions from us franchise guys. I don't wanna speak for anyone else, but I would pay what I described above.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:45 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
I'd love to have a Candlestick as well....Classic stadiums, Classic Uniforms and Classic Playbooks would be an opportunity for them to get some micro transactions from us franchise guys. I don't wanna speak for anyone else, but I would pay what I described above.
I would certainly spend the extra for more classic uniforms and classic stadiums. Same with playbooks too. If EA really wanted to make some extra change that would be a great way to do it. But those stadiums would have to be able to be used in Franchise mode as well. Same with playbooks.

But oh yeah, I would certainly pay for those things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »