Home

No look-a-likes this year

This is a discussion on No look-a-likes this year within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2021, 11:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
No look-a-likes this year

So last year you could rename an existing player and keep his face scan. This year you can’t. Just a heads up to roster guys, I had many face scan look-a-like legends last year and it was nice. Such a shame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2021, 12:23 PM   #2
Pro

Re: No look-a-likes this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by osk9
So last year you could rename an existing player and keep his face scan. This year you can’t. Just a heads up to roster guys, I had many face scan look-a-like legends last year and it was nice. Such a shame.

That’s sucks fr hope it’s just a thing where the fix it when they patch it when the game comes officially out Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-17-2021, 12:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

This is pretty lame IMO

It wasn't just last year though.....

I've been using this method for creating players since Madden 12. It's a shame EA has become this way.

I know a lot of people might not even care but IMO if your paying $70 bucks for a game that is supposed to be NG you shouldn't be restricted from keeping actual face scans in the game just because you change a players name.

So many things we had 10-15 years ago that EA slowly keeps removing.

It's not just roster editing that pisses me off with them either....

They are getting away with stuff because they are the only Football game in town that we can play.

A lot of fans will give them a free pass for making just marginal improvements or defend them knowing damn well we aren't getting a lot things we should have already had since XBOX One and PS4 days.

I've never been a NFL 2K Player but I almost wish that company was making NFL games or any football game right now for that matter.

This is probably the last year I'll spend time on classic rosters in Madden because it's becoming quite frustrating to watch them remove Old School playbooks, Old Uniforms and now force you to use generic faces to represent the entire roster file making it look like the same players on each team.

I know some us don't spend money on your B.S. MUT mode so our complaints are irrelevant to you.

Just like that whack *** response your Community Leader gave about Penalties being irrelevant in your gameplay.

Good Job EA

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-17-2021 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2021, 03:12 PM   #4
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

shaking my head.. that's why I stayed away from next gen, its not worth it. I see people saying its great but it really isn't, I've watched enough streams on YouTube and twitch to see it for myself, deep blue coverage is non existent, defensive line pressure is no where to be found. cover 2 is not playable except for in quick routes to your hb in the flats, and more. maybe a patch fixes it but its looking rough and with there patch history usually one patch fixes something and breaks something else so... and now they even removed the features to create different faces. not good for classic side editions.

i bought 22 for current rosters and to have a upgraded game, on current gen and can honestly say the game plays great, defense reads and reacts as it should, and is really fun, but 18 and 20 will hands down always be my go to for Classic Football Period.

i feel bad for the classic guys that bought next gen thinking there would be a barrage of great rosters for the newer systems. the systems are great, its the greed of the developers which is the problem. and until that's put in check things sadly will remain as they are.

the same thing happen in mlb the show 20, and look what has taken place with 21, I'm thankful to have the classics we have because i really don't see things getting better, there's just to much quick money grab options for these devs to really deep down care anymore, that's why I'm in no rush for a new system, there's no games hardly being made and the ones that are, are really bug ridden.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 08-17-2021 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2021, 03:19 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah count me as one those guys storm who feel like I've been burnt by EA on NG so far.

I won't get into a long post about it but I feel like despite the small additions to NG gameplay the overall product truly isn't NG production.

I got caught up in the movement of NG but overall as of today that hasn't justified my money on the system or the game itself at least not with Madden.

This will be my last year making rosters for Madden

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2021, 03:22 PM   #6
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Yeah count me as one those guys storm who feel like I've been burnt by EA on NG so far.

I won't get into a long post about it but I feel like despite the small additions to NG gameplay the overall product truly isn't NG production.

I got caught up in the movement of NG but overall as of today that hasn't justified my money on the system or the game itself at least not with Madden.

This will be my last year making rosters for Madden
truly sorry for you brother, cause i know the magnitude you have delivered through the years to this community, its just getting worst and worst, so many high influence content creators speaking out about it to, that may lead to them fixing it, i sure hope so for you guys sake.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 08-17-2021 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:01 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
truly sorry for you brother, cause i know the magnitude you have delivered through the years to this community, its just getting worst and worst, so many high influence content creators speaking out about it to, that may lead to them fixing it, i sure hope so for you guys sake.

It was a patch was it fixed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-05-2021, 11:44 PM   #8
Rookie

I really hope this is not a permanent thing. Things should be getting easier for roster editing accuracy control freaks like myself😂 I want to be able to edit more of a player not less of him…this blows

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »