Home

Checking interest for a "Mini" fictional draft class project (XBox Series X)

This is a discussion on Checking interest for a "Mini" fictional draft class project (XBox Series X) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2021, 12:34 AM   #1
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Checking interest for a "Mini" fictional draft class project (XBox Series X)

What up fellas. Gone are the days where I had the time to do detailed draft classes for both Madden and 2k. This year me and Dreece have decided to put our time and effort into 2k again. With that being said, I still have love for Madden and just wanted to see if you guys would be interested in a little "mini" project.

As I stated a couple years ago, the first round of the draft is very unpredictable and I dont feel like the Madden generated classes do a very good job replicating that. In a study of draft classes from 2010 to 2020, I found first round picks are busts approximately 31% of the time, average/ok approximately 25% of the time and a “homerun” the remaining 44% of the time.*There are also big time players that are drafted after the first round. The GOAT QB (Tom Brady) and a top 3 WR of the decade (Antonio Brown) were both sixth round picks. Russell Wison, Richard Sherman, Nick Chubb, Stefon Diggs, Zadarius Smith, Xavian Howard... All guys that are or have been near the top at their respective positions.

From what I've seen with the random generated classes, the first round is pretty much safe. It shouldn't be. You should have the fear that youre drafting Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell. They also don't have many good offensive lineman prospects. I looked at three random classes in a row and the highest guard was a 71. There's gotta be a Quentin Nelson type prospect occasionally and at least some decent guys to rebuild when its time. Also, I may be nitpicking a bit but the risk of drafting a bust in the first round should differ depending on the position youre drafting. Below you can find how first rounders panned out per position over a ten year sample:

QB - Great/Good (28%), Average (33%), Bad/Bust (39%)

HB - Great/Good (42%), Average (20%), Bad/Bust (37%)

WR - Great/Good (40%), Average (34%), Bad/Bust (26%)

TE - Great/Good (30%), Average (50%), Bad/Bust (20%)

OTackle - Great/Good (36%), Average (34%), Bad/Bust (30%)

Guard - Great/Good (31%), Average (38%), Bad/Bust (32%)

Center - Great/Good (22%), Average (78%), Bad/Bust (0%)

DE - Great/Good (23%), Average (37%), Bad/Bust (40%)

DT - Great/Good (36%), Average (28%), Bad/Bust (36%)

OLB - Great/Good (38%), Average (26%), Bad/Bust (36%)

ILB - Great/Good (42%), Average (32%), Bad/Bust (26%)

CB - Great/Good (23%), Average (42%), Bad/Bust (35%)

Safety - Great/Good (35%), Average (38%), Bad/Bust (27%)

If I do this, I plan to make ten to fifteen classes. I wont be able to do scouting reports and names (Just going to stick with the names Madden generates unless its something dumb like "James James") but I will go over some ratings, make sure there are different types of players for each position and arrange the mock drafts to replicate the findings discussed above. Just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in this.

Oh yeah and just in case you didn't see the title, I'm on next gen XBox.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2021, 09:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Checking interest for a "Mini" fictional draft class project (XBox Series X)

I have both ps5 and XSX and I had a hard time deciding what system I should get madden 22 for, now that you posted this after a long time since I’ve been sticking with your work I have made my decision. I would definitely be interested and I cannot wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-24-2021, 11:17 AM   #3
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Checking interest for a "Mini" fictional draft class project (XBox Series X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsmoker247
I have both ps5 and XSX and I had a hard time deciding what system I should get madden 22 for, now that you posted this after a long time since I’ve been sticking with your work I have made my decision. I would definitely be interested and I cannot wait!

Well, all I needed is interest from one person to convince myself to do it. Looks like its me and you Bud lol. I should have at least 6 or 7 classes done by the time the scouting update drops (Im assuming late September). Soon as the update drops, I will release all the classes that Ive completed.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-24-2021, 09:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Well, all I needed is interest from one person to convince myself to do it. Looks like its me and you Bud lol. I should have at least 6 or 7 classes done by the time the scouting update drops (Im assuming late September). Soon as the update drops, I will release all the classes that Ive completed.

I’m sure soon as you release what you can, you will draw more interest. There were a lot of people in the community that slept on your work and wish it can be brought back but I’m sure the more you keep us posted to more will be interested

Old 08-26-2021, 11:06 AM   #5
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Sapp my guy I'm always down for your draft classes! Even if you're not going all in like the previous ones I'm sure these will still be fire! Can't wait to use these with my YouTube franchise man!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 02:07 PM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm just glad that SimWorld is still putting in work. I'm def interested and also looking forward to what yall will do for 2k as well.
Old 08-26-2021, 04:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Love a good fictional draft class
Old 08-26-2021, 11:22 PM   #8
Pro

Sapp is the man

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »