Home

Classic Roster ideas M23

This is a discussion on Classic Roster ideas M23 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2022, 11:04 AM   #9
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Classic Roster ideas M23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
1998 is one of my favorite NFL seasons. It's a weird clash of eras. Last season for John Elway and Barry Sanders, last good one for Marino, Young, Aikman, and Randall Cunningham. Pretty much the end of the line for Emmitt Smith too although he stuck around a few more years.

Amazing rookie class: Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Randy Moss. Plus a fascinating mega bust in Ryan Leaf. Lots of other great players in that draft too.

Broncos, Vikings, Falcons, and Jets all had one of their best teams in franchise history. 49ers are still good, Packers are still good, Jags were a year away from their best team in franchise history, same with the Titans.
As a Niner fan, 1998 holds a special place for me because it was the last of the vintage dynasty teams that featured statistically at least the finest WCO of the run ('89 and '94 still get my nod but 1998 was really special). I always joke if I could Frankenstein a Niner team it would be the 1998 offense with the 1997 defense.....That's a 15 win type team that would have rolled to a title.

Last edited by SFNiners816; 06-30-2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:30 AM   #10
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

The only retro classic idea I never played through was an 80s with no-USFL scenario.

TONS of HOFrs and All-Pro caliber players. Reggie, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, Herschel Walker.... its just tons of work to research and implement.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:27 PM   #11
MVP

I'll also add '07 and '08 as ideas, even if they may be just outside your wheelhouse.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2022, 09:48 PM   #12
MVP

Hell iteach! I'm going to be happy and proud to play ANY of the rosters you make. You and soundwave. I have probably all of yours and soundwaves rosters from Madden 20.

Any year has my vote.
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 09-04-2022, 11:45 AM   #13
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

I love any & all classic rosters!

But, being a member of Bills Mafia since ‘87….any one of their Superbowl years (i wish they won just one of them)

1990-93 seasons are my suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2022, 11:40 PM   #14
Just started!

smitup's Arena

I am certainly a noob here on OS and surely don't want to divert the attention of the creator of the thread but just wanted to get it out there a roster I'm attempting. As a guy that has always tinkered with rosters as far back as I can remember, NFL Football '94 and Tecmo depth charts, I decided to take a crack at it. 1989DALLAS on X. I look forward to trying sliders and auto sub ideas that I've already discovered on here. Loving all the hard work put in by all the roster creators. Again, sorry if this was the wrong space to do this. I'll figure it out eventually.
Old 09-17-2022, 02:16 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
I love any & all classic rosters!

But, being a member of Bills Mafia since ‘87….any one of their Superbowl years (i wish they won just one of them)

1990-93 seasons are my suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm on XBOX

So, this might not be available for you

But most of the Bills players who played on those teams will all come together on my file to create a Bills 90's All Decade team.

This is a roster file that I decided to take into different direction this from previous years. Instead of a single season file or specific year teams I've been slowly putting together the 90's All Decade teams for each franchise.

That way Buffalo not only gets their top players from the early 90's but guys like Eric Mould, Peerless Price, Antowain Smith, Doug Flutie, Sam Cowart and Ted Washington all get added to the team.

This type of file is something I've done in NCAA Football but never in Madden.

So, if you can imagine the K-Gun offense led by Kelly with a WR unit of Moulds, Reed, Lofton, Price and Beebe that should be hella fun

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »