Home

Mike Lowe Madden 23 Slider App

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe Madden 23 Slider App within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2022, 05:26 PM   #1
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Mike Lowe Madden 23 Slider App

Slider.jpg

Welcome back to the Madden Slider App! I'm excited to have found the time to get this updated for Madden 23 in time for release, and I hope you continue to find value in the tool this year.

What's New?

This year, I implemented the most requested feature: Being able to enter existing sliders and have the app work from there.

Usage

The usage of the app should be fairly self-explanatory, but there is a Help section as well as an FAQ. Please take your time to navigate and report any issues. The gist is that you enter your user data and the CPU data to generate a slider set custom for your level of play.

The app will also ask you whether you want to load in existing sliders which you can do for either User, CPU, or both. You will be prompted upon entering each portal (User and CPU).

You can use this app with any recent Madden. You can also use the Randomize button to generate some stats automatically.

Other Tools

This app will randomly generate injuries to QBs (or any other position you wish to use it for). There is an Instructions section for this app and the app is setup in a way that you can use your player's injury rating to help override a potential injury. Eventually I'd like to work in a player's toughness as well.

Why was this injury app made? The past couple of Madden games haven't generated QB injuries in played games so this app allows you and/or your CFM to generate some artificial ones. You can then "sit" the injured player out of depth charts.

Tutorial

Feedback and Support

I'd love to hear your feedback on ways to improve this app for your CFM. Let me know! If you'd like to show your support, there is a Support button within the app itself which will link you to my PayPal account.

Changelog

1.01 - Locked manual sliding adjustment of actual sliders as this was mistakenly left active.
1.02 - Fixed an accidental error I created in yesterday's fix in that you couldn't actually click from the offense side of the sliders to the defensive side as the button was messed up. A few other technical issues that you likely never noticed.
1.03 - Updated Settings, including adding Skill-Based Passing. Updated FAQ. Updated House Rules. Added 'Other Sliders' section to more easily find special teams and penalty sliders. Tweaked a few of the 'Other Sliders'. Updated navigation to be a bit more user friendly.
1.04 - This was a massive update which changed a ton as far as usability and making the app more streamlined and easier to use. This update took more hours than I care to admit but I'm very happy now with the functionality and ease by which the app is now usable for everyone whether you're a User vs CPU player, CPU vs CPU player, or in an online league.
1.05 - Updated the tutorial video to better match the updates made to the previous version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg madden23.jpg (168.5 KB, 1700 views)

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 09-05-2022 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2022, 03:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Lowe Madden 23 Slider App

How many games do you recommend to play before we input our current slider set into your app!

Thank you for doing this! Can't wait to try Madden 23.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:21 PM   #3
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

What does this app do once you input the sliders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-12-2022, 03:29 PM   #4
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostCookies
How many games do you recommend to play before we input our current slider set into your app!

Thank you for doing this! Can't wait to try Madden 23.
There is a Help and FAQ section in the app that goes over this. At a minimum, I would say 4-5 games, but ideally 8 or more. You can always revisit it now as you progress through the season too. So much can change your results such as your opponent, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
What does this app do once you input the sliders?

So while you CAN now insert your existing sliders, the key element of this app is that you need to enter your STATS. This will then suggest to you sliders to better balance the game, either from default sliders or from the sliders you entered in ahead of time.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:40 PM   #5
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
There is a Help and FAQ section in the app that goes over this. At a minimum, I would say 4-5 games, but ideally 8 or more. You can always revisit it now as you progress through the season too. So much can change your results such as your opponent, etc.

So while you CAN now insert your existing sliders, the key element of this app is that you need to enter your STATS. This will then suggest to you sliders to better balance the game, either from default sliders or from the sliders you entered in ahead of time.

So basically it will take the sliders we enter and the stats from said sliders and the app will then suggest tweaks to the sliders to get closer to realistic stats?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2022, 04:01 PM   #6
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
So basically it will take the sliders we enter and the stats from said sliders and the app will then suggest tweaks to the sliders to get closer to realistic stats?

Yep that's exactly it!

The best part is every single person who uses it will have a slider set precisely catered to their ability.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I guess I need a dummy version of this app! Because im so lost. When I entered my state after 4 games it told me to make pass blocking/run blocking/fumble down to 0 for the user. Also, where do I find the CPU team Data entry info in the game? Won't I have to change the CPU with every CPU team I play because they're all different?
Old 08-12-2022, 07:16 PM   #8
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostCookies
I guess I need a dummy version of this app! Because im so lost. When I entered my state after 4 games it told me to make pass blocking/run blocking/fumble down to 0 for the user. Also, where do I find the CPU team Data entry info in the game? Won't I have to change the CPU with every CPU team I play because they're all different?
Nope you'd just enter the cumulative stats against you for those games. Can tally up box scores.

I'll try and create a tutorial video this weekend which should help if you're struggling navigating your way around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »