Home

KIWI'S MADDEN 24 XP SLIDERS

This is a discussion on KIWI'S MADDEN 24 XP SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2023, 11:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
KIWI'S MADDEN 24 XP SLIDERS

Hey everyone, first post ever here, but I have been working on a XP slider set and am going to be using this for my franchise this year and I wanted to share all the work I have been doing since the early access launch. I am open to feedback and want to know what everyone thinks.

With the addition of age based sliders I wanted to try out a set that emphasized getting rookies and younger players in the game early but also made sure that classes were not overpowered. In the NFL, most people can see or tell if a player is going to be great after only a couple of seasons. Meaning by the time most get to age 26, 27 they have reached their peak overall. This slider set puts a hard stop on progression at the peak ages while making sure generational talents continue to gain enough xp to remain at the top into the sunset of their careers. Using the base madden ratings as a guide, this slider set looks to replicate the spread of ratings given to us at launch 10 years into a simulated franchise.

Anyways, here are the sliders... PLEASE give me feedback these are in no way perfect but I have no way of knowing how they play out in a non sim setting without help. Thanks! and I hope you Enjoy!

tldr; XP sliders where rookies and young players get more XP emphasizing early play time, making players peak rating mean something. Leave Feedback if you can!

EDIT:
Adjusted the sliders so that regression hits harder but players are afforded the opportunity to keep up with the regression through stats. Try them out and let me know what you guys think!

SECOND EDITION
Spoiler

FIRST EDITION
Spoiler

Abbreviation dictionary for image below
Spoiler

!!The first spreadsheet below is the first edition of the sliders, the second sheet is the SECOND EDITION!! These list the number of players at each overall position. The ratings start at 99-95 and progress down to 69-65. The gap after 80Ovr is the total number of players rated higher than 80. The graph on the left is the result after a 10 year sim and the result on the right is the base roster.
Attached Images
File Type: png Kiwi_M24_sliderset.png (101.8 KB, 1136 views)
File Type: png KIWIXPSLIDER18.png (100.6 KB, 507 views)

Last edited by kiwibird44; 08-28-2023 at 12:14 AM. Reason: wrote out abbreviated items
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2023, 11:05 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: KIWI'S MADDEN 24 XP SLIDERS

There's a slider sub-forum.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:07 PM   #3
Rookie

my bad, like i said first post... i'll submit over there
Old 08-18-2023, 09:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Did you end up posting it in sliders? Couldn’t find the thread. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2023, 11:24 AM   #5
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

I'd recommend a brief dictionary of your abbreviations and column labels so they're a bit easier to follow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2023, 01:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Parts l have similar.

Are you targeting mainly single player 10+ year franchises? I have geared mine towards 5 year leagues with 32 guys, so progression is faster and regression hits harder. QB is the hardest position to get guys regressing - otherwise you have all elite QBs until Mahomes, Burrow, etc retire.
Old 08-18-2023, 02:31 PM   #7
Rookie

@Shakeyourhips21- I attempted but it needed to get admin approved, when I logged in just now it said this thread was moved there anyways

@mattanite- will do thanks for the advice

@ParaAut- the test environment was a 10 yr franchise offline, I am playing using them now and going to see how a user affects the way they progress. You're right QB always ends up top heavy due to guys like Burrow Hurts Herbert being so young and so good right now getting all that crazy XP maybe I'll look into a sim with high QB progrssion XP but also high QB regression rate
Old 08-18-2023, 02:51 PM   #8
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Looks promising! Going to give these a shot. A big pet peeve of mine is the longevity of HBs especially in the new era of teams viewing backs as more plug and play as opposed to 2nd and 3rd contract guys. Will report back if there's anything that stands out in a few sims I plan on running this weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »