Home

ShaneTheMaster’s Madden 23 NextGen CPU vs CPU Slider Set

This is a discussion on ShaneTheMaster’s Madden 23 NextGen CPU vs CPU Slider Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2022, 06:17 PM   #65
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: ShaneTheMaster’s Madden 23 NextGen CPU vs CPU Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman08
Other than that tho the rest of the game plays great w these settings. I know I'm being extremely picky but that completion percentage just was an eye store everytime for me. The run numbers were good. The gameplay in general was nice. The best thing was special teams and the way that played out
No, I agree with you that the completion % you are seeing is too high - but Im not seeing that..as a matter of fact, I will post a summary of my last 2 weeks of stats soon (32 games)…and my average completion % is around 66 percent.

I also want to make sure I am not missing a setting in my original post.

Last edited by ShaneTheMaster; 11-29-2022 at 08:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2022, 08:27 PM   #66
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

Adding this post here to show detailed stats from the previous 2 weeks of games. ALL OF THESE GAMES WERE SLOW-SIMMED - NO FAST SIMMING AT ALL.

Note that Week 15 was using my previous version of sliders, but were mostly the same, and were played before the latest patch - but the stats were in the same ball-park. Hope this helps!

Week 15

Week 16
Old 12-01-2022, 06:53 PM   #67
Rookie

ShadowGhost25's Arena

OVR: 0

Just started a Steelers franchise (using the week 10 real-life option) , just watched had a game against the Falcons that went to overtime and wow... A lot happened in this game which I liked and didn’t (mostly cause madden cant figure out clock management ) the stats were a little high Kenny finished with like 400+ passing yards (really like 368 if the game didn’t go to OT) , 2 TDs and 2 INT.

Gonna finish out the season and see how other games play out, also the scores and stats for other games looked good Brown beat texans 38-7 , Jags beat Lions in a pretty close game

Sliders work pretty well on next-gen so far
Old 12-07-2022, 11:23 AM   #68
Rookie

ShadowGhost25's Arena

Sample is small but just simmed my second game with PIT which saw them face the Ravens couple things i noticed

Pickett throw on almost every play at one point going into 4th there was 52 plays and only 8or 9 rushing plays

Ravens playing calling was a good mix of both passing and rushing ..Lamar even ran in for one

Ravens were like 90% on 3rd down (a lot of short passes)

Pickens like in real-life is a problem had 108 yards 1TD going into the half
Old 12-07-2022, 10:14 PM   #69
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGhost25
Sample is small but just simmed my second game with PIT which saw them face the Ravens couple things i noticed

Pickett throw on almost every play at one point going into 4th there was 52 plays and only 8or 9 rushing plays

Ravens playing calling was a good mix of both passing and rushing ..Lamar even ran in for one

Ravens were like 90% on 3rd down (a lot of short passes)

Pickens like in real-life is a problem had 108 yards 1TD going into the half
Cool, would be interested in hearing from different players using different teams. Im currently running a new Jets franchise using the latest set. Will post an update soon.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:15 AM   #70
Just started!

Hi, I am loving your sliders so far! I have a couple questions after using them for some time.

I am finding that for at least my team, sacking the QB is a very rare occurrence. I know that in the default version of M23 Franchise, sack numbers are very inflated so I could just have the wrong frame of reference for what is considered a lot or very few. But basically I am getting 1 sack every other game which for me is a bit too low, but I don’t think it’s a huge problem. Just wanted to know if you were aware it was a problem or if my situation is a unique case.

What I am finding a bit perplexing is that my higher overall pass rushers are getting absolutely locked up and my random 70 OVR DEs are getting through to the QB. It could just be a coincidence as I haven’t played enough yet, but is it possible that the Pass Blocking slider affects higher OVR players differently?

As for my other problem, in many other slider sets, there would be too many interceptions, but for me using this one, I feel like there are not enough.
I have used this set with the Panthers and more specifically Sam Darnold, who through the first 7 weeks did not throw a single interception.
And vice versa, none of my DBs would catch the ball when they were in position for an interception, instead they would always swat it away.

I went about 8 weeks without seeing any changes so I tried to increase the Interception slider by 1-2 for both Player and CPU, but while I have gotten more picks with my defense, my QB has only thrown 1 interception through 15 weeks in the season.

Sorry for the long post, just wondering what changes do you recommend I should make that will at least fix the problem? I didn’t want to mess with the sliders too much because I didn’t know what else it would affect, as pretty much everything else felt really good.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:13 PM   #71
Rookie

Any new updates to your sliders or is everything the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2022, 12:55 AM   #72
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by znatha
Hi, I am loving your sliders so far! I have a couple questions after using them for some time.

I am finding that for at least my team, sacking the QB is a very rare occurrence. I know that in the default version of M23 Franchise, sack numbers are very inflated so I could just have the wrong frame of reference for what is considered a lot or very few. But basically I am getting 1 sack every other game which for me is a bit too low, but I don’t think it’s a huge problem. Just wanted to know if you were aware it was a problem or if my situation is a unique case.

What I am finding a bit perplexing is that my higher overall pass rushers are getting absolutely locked up and my random 70 OVR DEs are getting through to the QB. It could just be a coincidence as I haven’t played enough yet, but is it possible that the Pass Blocking slider affects higher OVR players differently?

As for my other problem, in many other slider sets, there would be too many interceptions, but for me using this one, I feel like there are not enough.
I have used this set with the Panthers and more specifically Sam Darnold, who through the first 7 weeks did not throw a single interception.
And vice versa, none of my DBs would catch the ball when they were in position for an interception, instead they would always swat it away.

I went about 8 weeks without seeing any changes so I tried to increase the Interception slider by 1-2 for both Player and CPU, but while I have gotten more picks with my defense, my QB has only thrown 1 interception through 15 weeks in the season.

Sorry for the long post, just wondering what changes do you recommend I should make that will at least fix the problem? I didn’t want to mess with the sliders too much because I didn’t know what else it would affect, as pretty much everything else felt really good.
Thanks, glad you are enjoying the sliders. Just to confirm, when you play you are slow simming the games, and not controlling the QB, right? Also, how many games have you played?

It is possible the last patch changes some things, but I have only had a chance to play 1 game since then - based on the fix notes, it didnt seem like it would change much. i will be doing some additional testing soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »