Home

So I was playing Madden 23 and I just popped in Madden 17 for a sec...

This is a discussion on So I was playing Madden 23 and I just popped in Madden 17 for a sec... within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Axis Football 2023 Football Review - Budget Football Getting Better Each Year
eFootball 2023 Review - Relegation Remains Earned
Why You Should Be Playing WWE 2K22
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 05:47 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7

Wow... I forgot Madden 17 had refs, penalties, pass rush like madden 23, matchup stick (smh at you EA), balanced gameplay, animations were less wonky than 23. I didn't check to see if the player motivations and tags were in 17 but I'm pretty sure they're not. At least that was one thing EA added lol

It's amazing to see how much was taken away from a game that's was made 6 years before 23. What is going on at EA? Of course it's not perfect with the crash test dummy gang tackling animations but it's not bad either.

I believe this is really going to be the first time I don't buy Madden outright. I'll just play my 10 hour trial and play 17 until the day 1 patch.

I'm really not feeling all the wonky , jitterbug animations in 23 when it comes to the run game. And I don't like the the DB reaction in general from CPU or human right now. It allows for too may big plays for both sides.

But that Madde. 17 though...lol I totally forgot how good this game was (primarily because it had penalties lol)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 08:53 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: So I was playing Madden 23 and I just popped in Madden 17 for a sec...

Go back one more year to Madden 16, it is even better than 17. M16 had defensive holding still working, the CPU QBs were smart, mobile QBs were dangerous, the player movement is great.

However, Franchise mode was pretty bare bones.

But presentation was way better than M23, it looked like a tv broadcast.

If there was full player editing for M16, I would play it all of the time!
Old 08-17-2022, 08:59 AM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Not sure why you felt the need to post this in the Slider forum. You already posted it in the general section.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:06 AM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Go back one more year to Madden 16, it is even better than 17. M16 had defensive holding still working, the CPU QBs were smart, mobile QBs were dangerous, the player movement is great.

However, Franchise mode was pretty bare bones.

But presentation was way better than M23, it looked like a tv broadcast.

If there was full player editing for M16, I would play it all of the time!

I am so thankful you created your 1986 and 1999 rosters for 16 my man. I never stopped playing Madden 16!!!! Even though we had 17,18,19,20,21,22 we always…..I mean always went back to 16 (and now 25 on the PS3).

It’s depressing for me personally because I have always really loved Madden…..but man the about face they did on Next Gen with authentic feeling gameplay and presentation is just unreal.

And my opinion is extremely unpopular at this very moment…..and it sucks because I really like franchise mode. They have made some really nice improvements over the past few cycles. I don’t care for the new scouting but….other than that there is a lot of good.

I just can’t get past the gameplay and artistic direction with presentation.

Yeah….I am feeling like an old man….but I grew up with late 70’s, 1980’s, 1990’s and 00’s football and Madden 23 is a far cry from the pageantry of those era’s in every way.

I guess it’s time to know when the game has passed you by.

But the gameplay? Maybe I am crazy but I think it’s pretty bad. Brain dead AI, brain dead pass defense, and yes sliders have been nerfed on the PS5 (I can’t speak to any other system).

It’s a shame….but I will play and applaud what I love. M25(PS3) M16 (PS4/PS5) and NCAA 13 and 14 for the win.

Graphics are not the end all for me. It’s all about gameplay and presentation to get my immersion to the max.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Madden 23 (PS5)
NBA 2K23 (PS5)
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-17-2022 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:24 PM   #5
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

This is in the wrong place, and a double post. Please don't spam posts across the forum. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »