Home

Matt10's Madden 23 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 23 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2022, 06:16 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Background: Even though the game is presented to us in a certain fashion and vision, does not mean that we have to accept it in that state. If there is an issue, or something that needs slight improvement, I am a big believer if giving the user the power to address it. Sliders do that, and have done so for years. Many believe that sliders do little to impact the games, and that very well could be true in regards to what that individual wants fixed. I use sliders as the guide towards the balance of what I want vs what I have to sacrifice to get there. Each year, we just have to hope for iterations of our favorite titles to start to get it - and hope that the base they have is good enough to build off of.

Focus of the Sliders: The base of Madden 23 is a really positive one for me. I am seeing great interactions throughout the field, unpredictable QB play, logical decision making and some more penalties called than previous years. From a slider perspective, I am seeing slider values make an impact in crucial areas, and some slider values not making much of an impact.

As always, I focus on animations because that is the confirmation of the logic I am pursuing. I want the game look like the game seen on TV, and less about what is seen in MUT. For the start of this year's title, I've taken an approach that has worked well, which is adjust threshold first, then penalties, then gameplay sliders. The good thing is each of those areas are still impactful enough that it was worth time researching and testing. So again, from a slider perspective, I have no complaints.

I think the skill-based passing system is and incredible addition to the game as well. I am still not sure which is my preference, but I can say that the sliders have been tested with each type.

This year I will not go into as much detail as before. The write-ups take too long, and the rate I test there can be times where the quick turnaround means removing massive (what feels like) amounts of text within the same day. I will provide a summary of my thoughts and explain any changes overall.

I hope you all are enjoying Madden 23 as much as I am.

Thanks as always, take care, and stay tuned.

=================================
Slider Update Log
1/21/2023:

Hi everyone, I know it has been a while since I've updated the sliders here. The reason really is that I didn't feel there was much tweaking needed throughout the patch updates. However, the most recent update(s) have kind of hurt some things a bit with the set. As a result, I went through and tested the base and managed to find some values that needed adjusting.

The first issue I saw was the coverage from both User and CPU. At times I would see the DBs/LBs jogging while in man coverage. It was a subtle animation, but one that suggested that there is a sense of passiveness to their attitude overall. As a result, I had to raise offside to get them well in front of the coverage and make sure that they go back to putting an arm on the receiver they are covering. Once that animation returned, I could feel both the coverage was there, but so was the perception of the CPU QB that this wasn't as easy as just running routes and playing catch. This had to be key for both the All-Madden set and the All-Pro set.

With All-Pro I could just adjust the penalty values, but with All-Madden, I had to verify the previous Version 7 coverage and reaction values were intact. This is why QBA for the CPU took a drop and User PCV got a bump. CPU QBA is mainly to get more of those throws to look more realistic in the timing rather than just perfect pass and catching. Coverage is tighter, so there has to be a precision that most elite QBs can perform - but not to the point that they don't feel human as well. Very hard to do on All-Madden considering the CPU QB is always boosted a bit more.

With those adjustments, the pass coverage was in a much better spot for both All-Madden and All-Pro sets. However, I still wanted there to be a need for progression, but I also want the receivers to stand out as playmakers on their own - which separates really good teams from the mediocre ones. To further emphasize this, I raised DPI for a better timed reaction by the defenders, but I also lowered RTP so they are more aggressive in their attempts towards the ball carrier or intended receiver. This makes for some great runs after the catch or for RBs to perform skill moves in the open field.

The set finishes off with the User tackling going down to 50 from 52. This just allows less attempts at harder hits when there should be wrap up tackles. It should reduce the shorter RBs ability to break tackles by bigger defensive players initially. After that, I felt that the FG power for the user was a bit overpowered, so it's been dropped a bit. Keep in mind, I've also switched completely over to using the kicking meter to power and aim - so not using the analog stick to aim at all. It's been tricky, but very rewarding.

Overall, I am content with where the game is at right now. I am hoping a bit for a patch to fix some coverages, in particular some blitz coverages, but the game plays really solid and there is plenty of variety to look forward to. I think the CPU QBs perception is really key in establishing that variety where it won't feel like just another pass and catch type of game. I got tired of seeing every route play out perfectly, with no sense of resistance or not feeling any indecision on my own throws. It just got a bit boring, and I'm glad with a couple tweaks, it's now a lot more challenging. Hopefully that is what you experience, but if not, definitely post concerns. Give it a couple games of course, but regardless, I look forward to hearing feedback as always.

Enjoy version 8!

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this set.

Make sure to edit the sliders in the main menu.
Make sure to reset the sliders in the Franchise before importing.
Import the sliders in franchise.

Matt10's Madden 23 Sliders - Version 8 || feat. MrHurriicane

Game Options
*Please see spoilers in the OP for previous version values. Previous version values are noted in parentheses.*

Skill Level: All-Madden and All-Pro
Game Style: Simulation
Quarter Length: 13 minutes
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock Time: 15 seconds
System: Current Gen (PS5, XB Series X)
Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)
Auto-subs: Default
Superstar Abilities: On | Personal Preference

Gameplay Helpers

Auto Flip Defensive Play Call: Off
Defensive Ball Hawk: On
Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off
Defensive Switch Assist: Off

Player Sliders

Injuries: 25
Fatigue: 50
Speed Disparity Scale: 48

Penalties

Offside: 75 (previous: 45)
False Start: 50
Offensive Holding: 75
Facemask: 85
Illegal Block in the Back: 50
Roughing the Passer: 45 (previous: 50)
Defensive Pass Interference: 70 (previous: 50)
Ineligible Receiver Downfield: On
Offensive Pass Interference: On
Kick Catch Interference: On
Intentional Grounding: Off
Roughing the Kicker: On
Running into the Kicker: On
Illegal Contact: Off

Gameplay Sliders

////All-Madden USER/CPU

QB Accuracy: 50/48
Pass Blocking: 50/45
WR Catch: 40/40
Run Blocking: 50/48
Fumbles: 51/51
Pass Defensive Reaction: 70/65
Interceptions: 25/25
Pass Coverage: 55/52 (Previous: 50/52)
Tackling: 50/48 (previous: 52/48)

////All-Pro USER/CPU

QB Accuracy: 45/55
Pass Blocking: 35/55
WR Catch: 35/50
Run Blocking: 25/75 (previous: 25/65)
Fumbles: 50/55
Pass Defensive Reaction: 50/55
Interceptions: 15/35
Pass Coverage: 50/55
Tackling: 48/55

Special Teams

FG Power: 55/65
FG Accuracy: 35/30
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Video Archive
Spoiler

Slider Log Update - Archive

Version 1
Spoiler

Version 2
Spoiler

Version 3 (pre-patch)
Spoiler

Version 4
Spoiler

Version 5
Spoiler

Version 6
Spoiler
Version 7

Spoiler

Last edited by Matt10; 01-21-2023 at 02:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2022, 06:32 PM   #2
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Matt10's Madden 23 Sliders

There needs to be a button stronger than like, been waiting for this
Gophers
Gators
Yankees
Old 08-21-2022, 06:55 PM   #3
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes wooooot finally. Can’t wait to try these out, curious that you have ball hawk ON when most people were turning them off because of the amount of ints. But maybe something different with these sliders
Old 08-21-2022, 06:57 PM   #4
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Also do we implement these sliders on the main menu also? I know in previous maddens we did
Old 08-21-2022, 06:57 PM   #5
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Glad you’re here Matt. Can’t wait for the AP set as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2022, 07:08 PM   #6
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Getting ready to plug these in and get some testing in! Thanks so much as always Matt!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 08-21-2022, 08:28 PM   #7
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

What passing system are you using?
Old 08-21-2022, 08:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Yessss finally super pumped to try these out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »