Home

Kanobi's All-Pro M24 "Hidden Balance" Sliders (Series X|S)

This is a discussion on Kanobi's All-Pro M24 "Hidden Balance" Sliders (Series X|S) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2022, 08:57 PM   #113
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Kanobi's All-Pro M23 "Hidden Balance" Sliders (Series X|S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
Kanobi, have you made other slider sets for M22 or M21? I’ve started using your M23 slider set with JoshC1977s quarter length/no accelerated clock method. I’ve used your M23 sliders for M22 and it seems to work okay. Haven’t tried them in M21 yet. Seems to be playing a great game so far. Thanks for sharing….
I haven't published a slider set since Madden '03 I think. But considering that '23 is built on the same skeleton of code I figured I might be able to apply the same principles with some degree of success. That's probably why these sliders are also working for you on M22. Glad you're enjoying them!
Old 12-05-2022, 10:45 AM   #114
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
re: Kanobi's All-Pro M24 "Hidden Balance" Sliders (Series X|S)

People most frequently look at the direct impacts of slider adjustments, but have no clue that there is a "counterpoint". Every time you adjust a slider, something else tends to swing a different direction under the hood (i.e. like how raising the PCV slider can open-up the run game). You definitely nailed getting the AI to attack tight coverage and I think it is a brilliant strategy here.

I love the core concept here but there are other aspects of the gameplay I want to change for my own personal use after playing around with the OP this past weekend. To that end, I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind....

1. Have you done any evaluations of the 20/80 values using less extreme, intermediate adjustments? Does 20/80, in your view, constitute a "threshold" OR was it the breakdown you settled-on that gave you a result you desired?

2. Focusing STRICTLY on the AI QB behavior, how critical are the penalty/thresh/fatigue adjustments in your opinion?

3. Which gameplay assists do you have enabled? Given their critical impact on AI behavior, I wanted to be sure my initial reviews of your OP were apples-to-apples. Without information on them in the OP, I just used the defaults (Ballhawk and Autoflip Defense "on" with all others "off").
Old 12-05-2022, 01:58 PM   #115
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0

After playing more games with your sliders on M21/M22, I’ve come to a conclusion that M23 plays a lot differently with them and for the better. Not sure why, but overall gameplay for “coach” mode is at the forefront of my decision. Just my opinion though. I’ll be going with M23 and shelve M21/M22….

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2022, 04:18 PM   #116
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

To build on JoshC questions. I have a couple I'm also curious about:

1. Do you play with progressive fatigue "on"? If so, how does 75 fatigue play out toward the end of the year? Do you find human and CPU players disappearing due to fatigue late in the season and in the playoffs?

2. Do you play with accelerated clock "on"? I thought I read within the thread you do but want to make sure.

3. By default injury do you mean 25 or 10? Inury is set at 10 in the MM and 25 in CFM. Assuming we adjust MM injury slider to 25 and import (along with other sliders) into CFM.

Last edited by gman2774; 12-05-2022 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Found the answer to MM importing earlier in the thread
Old 12-05-2022, 08:45 PM   #117
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
People most frequently look at the direct impacts of slider adjustments, but have no clue that there is a "counterpoint". Every time you adjust a slider, something else tends to swing a different direction under the hood (i.e. like how raising the PCV slider can open-up the run game). You definitely nailed getting the AI to attack tight coverage and I think it is a brilliant strategy here.

I love the core concept here but there are other aspects of the gameplay I want to change for my own personal use after playing around with the OP this past weekend. To that end, I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind....

1. Have you done any evaluations of the 20/80 values using less extreme, intermediate adjustments? Does 20/80, in your view, constitute a "threshold" OR was it the breakdown you settled-on that gave you a result you desired?

2. Focusing STRICTLY on the AI QB behavior, how critical are the penalty/thresh/fatigue adjustments in your opinion?

3. Which gameplay assists do you have enabled? Given their critical impact on AI behavior, I wanted to be sure my initial reviews of your OP were apples-to-apples. Without information on them in the OP, I just used the defaults (Ballhawk and Autoflip Defense "on" with all others "off").
1. I have. I didn't like the results and reverted back to 20/80. But this is personal taste so you can definitely try a narrower pull and find it suits you. Either the way, the same theory applies.

2. I'm not exactly sure in regards to directly impacting QB behavior. If anything, there seems to be more of an impact on pass rush and therefore an indirect effect on QB behavior, reaction.

3. All the gameplay assists are off.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:51 PM   #118
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
To build on JoshC questions. I have a couple I'm also curious about:

1. Do you play with progressive fatigue "on"? If so, how does 75 fatigue play out toward the end of the year? Do you find human and CPU players disappearing due to fatigue late in the season and in the playoffs?

2. Do you play with accelerated clock "on"? I thought I read within the thread you do but want to make sure.

3. By default injury do you mean 25 or 10? Inury is set at 10 in the MM and 25 in CFM. Assuming we adjust MM injury slider to 25 and import (along with other sliders) into CFM.
1. Honestly I haven't played much CFM to confirm this. Between work and film school I haven't had the time. Not to mention the major CFM bugs have made me reluctant to make a further time investment. However, if you want you try 75 fatigue over a season with this to test, I'd be grateful.

2. Yes. 20 seconds

3. Yes. 10
Old 12-05-2022, 10:06 PM   #119
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Oh dang.

So....yeah, the fact you're running with the injury slider at 10 completely changes the dynamics. I had been running on the CFM default of 25 and wasn't quite feeling it (too tight, too over-the-top with pursuit). That injury value of 10 (plus the fact you run with all assists off) definitely change the dynamics.

You might want to consider adding those values to your OP...it'll probably help avoid confusion from those looking to adopt these into CFM.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:15 PM   #120
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0

So I made a couple of changes (for my own personal preference) to your slider set. I’m currently running with auto flip defense “on”, all other assists are off (with the exception of coach mode). For the actual sliders, I’m going with run blocking at 20, INTs at 20 and tackling at 20 for both HUM/CPU. All other sliders are as is from the OP. This has allowed for a more organic and dynamic running game and also cuts down on the unnecessary INTs. I still see INTs, but at a more believable rate.

Been getting some of the best coach mode games with this setup. Stats and scores have been at a realistic rate as well. Took a very long time, but M23 is finally in a place that’s enjoyable for how I play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »