Home

adembroski's Madden 23 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on adembroski's Madden 23 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2022, 01:58 PM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
adembroski's Madden 23 XP Sliders

Sorry I'm late Real life, yanno?

First, I wanna thank the slider makers in this forum. It was immensely gratifying to see so many of you recommend my XP sliders in your slider threads.

Second, tdogg, of course, for being the guy who carried this job for so long and helped me develop my system along the way.

Please check out Funkycorm's excellent XP sliders (https://forums.operationsports.com/f...p-sliders.html) for a different feel and aim than mine. He explains is pretty well over there, but basically he's putting a lot more stock in week-to-week feel, and I think a lot of you might enjoy that approach. I always have more than one franchise going, and I think I'll probably use my own for my long-term main franchise and his for the smaller rebuilt challenges I like to do. (Initial release note: It's also probably more "finished" than this version is. I still have work to do!)

I changed my approach a little this year compared to past years, and that manifests in 2 ways.

1. I concentrated more on the middle of road starters than the high end. In past years, my targets were primarily 90-95 players matching up with the base roster after a 20 year sim. This year I concentrated much more heavily on 85-90 rated players.

2. Rather than matching the base roster, which is a reflection of modern NFL trends, I reworked the mechanics so that positions can wax and wane over the course of a franchise. I've seen sims where starting HBs are a dime a dozen like today, I've seen some where they are truly rare and of greater value. Virtually any position can become loaded or experience a serious drought. However, I've tuned with a large enough sample size (my GOD what a sample size!) that it all will be reflected evenly over enough seasons played, but YOUR Franchise should have it's own unique flavor and trends.

Alpha Version 1.0, 9-22-2022
QB: 83%
HB: 78% *
TE: 83%
WR: 80%
FB: 60%
T: 77%
G: 71% *
C: 64%
DE: 91%
DT: 75%
MLB: 100%
OLB: 101% *
CB: 100%
FS: 92%
SS: 86%
K: 139%
P: 165%

* Final Pass, feels done

Current Issues So this is just where I'm going to note things that kinda bother me with the current version that I'm going to continue working on, so these are areas that are likely to change in the future.

* The Tackle position is still too prone to being overly weak in future years.
* The Fullback position is too strong in draft classes to match anything resembling a realistic progression. I'm just going to have to accept this and start working the slider up until I find a sweet spot. The trouble is high FB overalls will cause the CPU to overvalue them a great deal, and we don't wanna see the Rams mortgaging their future for Juice. But we want some movement so they are fun to have.
* Safeties are hard to balance. Get the right number of good ones, and have too few elite. Get too many elite, and you have too many good ones. Feast or famine. Find the right balance here.

Plans for versions: This is the alpha version, its the first version I feel good releasing for feedback, but it's not ready for MY franchise mode. Right now, we're going to average the right number of 85+ players at each position (about 10% of the signed roster), but we're gonna be a bit too low at the high end (95+). I want more elite talent, without flooding the midrange. When I feel good about that balance and I've worked out the above problems, I'll call that Version 1.

Then I'll begin playing with the career settings to see how we can use those to improve the rating distribution.

Any and all feedback is appreciated and used!

(BTW: These were developed on PC because it sims the fastest. I do not believe there is any difference in franchise front end between any system though)

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

“The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.”
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 09-22-2022 at 02:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2022, 04:44 PM   #2
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: adembroski's Madden 23 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Sorry I'm late Real life, yanno?

First, I wanna thank the slider makers in this forum. It was immensely gratifying to see so many of you recommend my XP sliders in your slider threads.

Second, tdogg, of course, for being the guy who carried this job for so long and helped me develop my system along the way.

Please check out Funkycorm's excellent XP sliders (https://forums.operationsports.com/f...p-sliders.html) for a different feel and aim than mine. He explains is pretty well over there, but basically he's putting a lot more stock in week-to-week feel, and I think a lot of you might enjoy that approach. I always have more than one franchise going, and I think I'll probably use my own for my long-term main franchise and his for the smaller rebuilt challenges I like to do. (Initial release note: It's also probably more "finished" than this version is. I still have work to do!)

I changed my approach a little this year compared to past years, and that manifests in 2 ways.

1. I concentrated more on the middle of road starters than the high end. In past years, my targets were primarily 90-95 players matching up with the base roster after a 20 year sim. This year I concentrated much more heavily on 85-90 rated players.

2. Rather than matching the base roster, which is a reflection of modern NFL trends, I reworked the mechanics so that positions can wax and wane over the course of a franchise. I've seen sims where starting HBs are a dime a dozen like today, I've seen some where they are truly rare and of greater value. Virtually any position can become loaded or experience a serious drought. However, I've tuned with a large enough sample size (my GOD what a sample size!) that it all will be reflected evenly over enough seasons played, but YOUR Franchise should have it's own unique flavor and trends.

Alpha Version 1.0, 9-22-2022
QB: 83%
HB: 78% *
TE: 83%
WR: 80%
FB: 60%
T: 77%
G: 71% *
C: 64%
DE: 91%
DT: 75%
MLB: 100%
OLB: 101% *
CB: 100%
FS: 92%
SS: 86%
K: 139%
P: 165%

* Final Pass, feels done

Current Issues So this is just where I'm going to note things that kinda bother me with the current version that I'm going to continue working on, so these are areas that are likely to change in the future.

* The Tackle position is still too prone to being overly weak in future years.
* The Fullback position is too strong in draft classes to match anything resembling a realistic progression. I'm just going to have to accept this and start working the slider up until I find a sweet spot. The trouble is high FB overalls will cause the CPU to overvalue them a great deal, and we don't wanna see the Rams mortgaging their future for Juice. But we want some movement so they are fun to have.
* Safeties are hard to balance. Get the right number of good ones, and have too few elite. Get too many elite, and you have too many good ones. Feast or famine. Find the right balance here.

Plans for versions: This is the alpha version, its the first version I feel good releasing for feedback, but it's not ready for MY franchise mode. Right now, we're going to average the right number of 85+ players at each position (about 10% of the signed roster), but we're gonna be a bit too low at the high end (95+). I want more elite talent, without flooding the midrange. When I feel good about that balance and I've worked out the above problems, I'll call that Version 1.

Then I'll begin playing with the career settings to see how we can use those to improve the rating distribution.

Any and all feedback is appreciated and used!

(BTW: These were developed on PC because it sims the fastest. I do not believe there is any difference in franchise front end between any system though)
Thanks, I will update these in my Forum!
Old 09-27-2022, 08:54 AM   #3
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the mention.

I am always a believer of the more people sharing the ideas on rosters and sliders, the better the community will be.

Thank you for your contribution to the community.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-29-2022, 09:14 PM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Thanks for the mention.

I am always a believer of the more people sharing the ideas on rosters and sliders, the better the community will be.

Thank you for your contribution to the community.
I agree. You probably noticed a deleted post in your slider's thread. Basically I was asking what your approach/goals were in testing so that I could make that clear in this thread, but then I saw you outlined it pretty darn well in the OP anyways.

“The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.”
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-30-2022, 12:32 AM   #5
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I agree. You probably noticed a deleted post in your slider's thread. Basically I was asking what your approach/goals were in testing so that I could make that clear in this thread, but then I saw you outlined it pretty darn well in the OP anyways.
I tend to ramble so that helps lol.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2022, 12:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Tbjohnson2's Arena

I would love to use these, but will be starting in the next day or so…any estimate on when Version 1 will be ready?

Thanks for doing these!
Old 10-07-2022, 08:07 AM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbjohnson2
I would love to use these, but will be starting in the next day or so…any estimate on when Version 1 will be ready?

Thanks for doing these!
I've done quite a bit of testing and these are really holding their own in most ways. FB and P are the two positions that are tough to nail down, and I'll be honest... if you put either of them +25% from where they are, you'll be good. It isn't going to ruin your franchise.

The way the draft classes are tuned this year just is what it is, and unless I wanted to put the work into giving y'all 20 draft classes to fit the progression, I'm not sure I could do a ton better. Well, I could, but I ain't got that kinda time:P

I think going forward with this if you're thinking 15 seasons will work great. If you're thinking 5 season and start a new chise, go with Funky's.

I am not sure I'm going to expand further simply because all the mod support is still on '22 so that's what I'm playing. '23 is still installed, but only because I do sim once a day to test these, but they're not changing much anymore. They're solid where they are and I stand by them.

If I had to say, "where am I trending?" maybe C and G would go up 3-5%, but that's really about it. These are more or less ready to roll, but understand that every franchise is going to go differently.

-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 10-07-2022 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:11 AM   #8
Rookie

Hey Adembroski, did you end up figuring out these with progressive fatigue on or off? Im just wondering because the gameplay sliders i use for my franchise doesn't use progressive fatigue. If you did use progressive fatigue, how much of a impact would this have do you think over a short franchise of around 3 to 5 years? I just dont know if i should go with your set or Funkies because i know for sure Funkies used progressive fatigue on his but at the same time his are more built for the short term franchise. Any suggestions on what i should do or on what set i should use would really help me and thank you for taking the time out for making these XP sliders. Keep up the good work n take care Broski.

Last edited by sleary8; 10-13-2022 at 08:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »