Home

Competitive vs. Simulation

This is a discussion on Competitive vs. Simulation within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2022, 11:33 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Competitive vs. Simulation

I recommend everyone who wants a simulation of the nfl to try comp mode. I was getting irritated with all the picks, broken tackles from the CPU running backs and WRs., and line blocking from the o lineman.

For gigles I put it on competitive mode and I immediately saw a reduction in broken tackles, qb throwing innacurate passes, no egregious picks by the CPU either!!!

It's almost as of the development tuned comp mode for the tourneys and did nothing with the sim mode.

I will just be doing all pro sliders at default comp mode and report what I find.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2022, 10:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Competitive vs. Simulation

I've been curious about this too. Might give it a shot to see if at least reduces Interceptions. Have not played d much competitive mode in past as penalties are severly limited, if ever called.
Old 09-24-2022, 11:47 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDaddy33
I've been curious about this too. Might give it a shot to see if at least reduces Interceptions. Have not played d much competitive mode in past as penalties are severly limited, if ever called.

True, but they're severely lim8ted in the sim version as well. As I have been playing, I noticed no fumbles either. They may only just occur on big hits, but the gameplay itself definitely seems more refined
Old 09-26-2022, 05:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Giving this a shot will report back

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 09-26-2022, 07:05 PM   #5
Rookie

MattySim247's Arena

I tried this and I totally agree. Competitive is the way to go. As far as reducing INTs, that wasn’t exactly my experience. I played the Bills last night and Josh Allen threw 12 picks…you heard me right, TWELVE!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2022, 10:48 AM   #6
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Doesn’t competitive mode have like no penalties or injuries? Or I thought there was one negative with that mode
Old 09-29-2022, 07:14 PM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Doesn’t competitive mode have like no penalties or injuries? Or I thought there was one negative with that mode
The biggest difference is any player you are controlling more or less ignores non-physical ratings.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »