Home

Proof that penalties do matter

This is a discussion on Proof that penalties do matter within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2022, 10:27 PM   #9
Rookie

CLORPIOUS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Proof that penalties do matter

Interactions are very smooth and less warping and overall the gameplay is butter. Only problem is the qb accuracy and wr catching
Old 10-27-2022, 08:43 PM   #10
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLORPIOUS
Interactions are very smooth and less warping and overall the gameplay is butter. Only problem is the qb accuracy and wr catching
Thank you! That’s what I was seeing when I played . I agree with qb accuracy and catching . I’ve had a few knockouts and only a few INT’s. I thought about lowering them to 75.
You would think with the user basically at 0 and cpu at 100 you’d have no shot of competing . But it’s funny how things play out so smooth from blocking to catching to tackling. Something is def up when sliders are shut off.
As far as penalties go , I can take them or leave them. I would rather have a rewarding competitive game than get some random penalty on a player I did not control.
There are certain plays on offense I can run all game on any slider and have success. With theses I feel it’s more challenging and a better sense of reward.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:55 PM   #11
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

This play is how I measure sliders . I can run this play against any slider , any difficulty and have success with it . 1A7DCDD4-241E-48D5-B8C3-6562D8A88D21.jpeg
If I run this play, I will have success at least once out of the 4 downs given. You can pick apart man or zone with this play . The main focus is the wide receiver to the right . If the defense plays off you pass it right away while the WR releases to the outside. If the defense is playing to the outside preventing that first look, you’ll have the 2nd receiver inside filling that gap for a quick read . If the defense is playing tight man look for the back breaking out of the backfield . If the defense is playing straight up man and playing off the Wr on the far left, hot route him for a quick out. This play is how I measure slider set difficulty .

Last edited by Brooke2011; 10-27-2022 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2022, 04:11 PM   #12
Rookie

CLORPIOUS's Arena

Any updates to this set? Been playing some with it and it still feels great
Old 10-30-2022, 09:24 PM   #13
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

No not yet . But I might lower cpu catch and pass blocking
Old 10-31-2022, 02:03 PM   #14
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Ok here is the update on it …. I lowered cpu pass block to 0 and cpu wr catch to 50. I increased user tackle to 50

If it’s too hard you can play on all pro. Just as smooth .

On a side note I actually had 2 dpi penalties called with it at 0.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:19 PM   #15
Rookie

CLORPIOUS's Arena

I think youre on to something with these. should we mess with threshold or any other settings, im also thinking about lowering qb accuracy to 20 or somewhere around there to get more disparity in qb play. i will also be tinkering with special teams sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2022, 10:11 PM   #16
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

I really like the 95 threshold. As fare special teams go , you can tinker with that . Those sliders don’t alter gameplay. They strictly are isolated to kicking . Taylor them to your liking . Qb accuracy at 50 gives me a good balance with good qbs and not so good ones or even backups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »