Home

TNK - Madden Next-Gen Sliders

This is a discussion on TNK - Madden Next-Gen Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #193
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: TNK - Madden Next-Gen Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
Just played exact settings and CPU had 14 drops!!! I won 44-6 terrible game
Can you tell us what was terrible about it? Maybe post a box score? Currently you haven't provided a single thing to help make these sliders better.

I understand the drops but was there anything else?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Old 11-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #194
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Terrible that the CPU can't do anything with accuracy that low even though Wr catch is at 50, I think CPU acc needs to be much higher and 50 left for both sides on catch or it messes things up.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #195
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok so I dropped quarter time and play clock and ran 72 plays to the CPUs 45. The CPU is just terrible. They again never ran the ball, but when they did I got gashed. Can't remember off hand, but at half-time there were 7 drops between both teams. 3 wide receiver sets pretty much all game. I won 44-13.

I don't even know where to start with sliders for ccm. Is it 2015 yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #196
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

More slight tweaks in post #1

We are very close....just fine tuning at this point and trying to manage CPU drops (not sure it can be eliminated, but it can be reduced)

The latest adjustments include updates to the penalty sliders and auto sub sliders as well

There are also some tweaks to help produce a little more balanced offense form the CPU

I'm going to start a game New England @ Atlanta right now and if things go very well.....I'm going to start my real franchise possibly tonight if not this weekend

Live broadcast of the game here:
www.twitch.tv/tnkngm
Old 11-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #197
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OK - So I just played 1 half with the sliders in post #1 and I'm ready to say that we are as close as I think we can get without being slider crazy and tweaking non-stop

In this game:

* The Patriots (me) and Falcons (CPU) were tied 14-14 at halftime. The Patriots controlled the clock with a couple of long 12+ play drives.

* I threw 1 pick but it was totally my fault - I need to start throwing the ball away when nobody is open instead of trying to force a ball to someone who is blanketed

* The CPU passed the ball well and Matt Ryan threw over the top hitting Harry Douglas in stride for a 74 yd TD pass. Ryan also connected on an 18 yd TD pass to Roddy White. Ryan finished the 1st half 8-10 with 150 yards and 2 TD so the CPU can defnintely throw the ball.

* I was trying to spread out the Falcons defense and attempted 33 passes in the 1st half and only threw the 1 pick which was on me. Brady was 21-33 for 165 yards and a TD pass to Gronk

* The Patriots ran for 89 yards in the half and Atlanta only managed 13 yards but that was mostly a product of the Falcons not having the ball for long stretches and Steven Jackson picked up the 13 yards on 4 carries for a 3.2 yard average.

* There were 3 penalties called (1 false start, 1 clipping and I believe the other was holding) so I'm OK with the penalty sliders in post #1

I'm going to start a new franchise with the Patriots and load in the sliders in post #1 of the thread. I'm content with the sliders and will re-assess after 4 games in my season if I think anything needs to be adjusted
Old 11-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #198
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeimaBrewer
Ok so I dropped quarter time and play clock and ran 72 plays to the CPUs 45. The CPU is just terrible. They again never ran the ball, but when they did I got gashed. Can't remember off hand, but at half-time there were 7 drops between both teams. 3 wide receiver sets pretty much all game. I won 44-13.

I don't even know where to start with sliders for ccm. Is it 2015 yet?
Check out post #1 for the latest update.

Just play your franchise (CFM) and play 4 weeks of the season and look at things as a whole instead of 1 game at a time to account for the extremes one way or the other.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #199
Rookie

OVR: 1

My games before yesterday's updates were seeing only a few drops per game, now I'm see a lot by the CPU.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #200
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
Terrible that the CPU can't do anything with accuracy that low even though Wr catch is at 50, I think CPU acc needs to be much higher and 50 left for both sides on catch or it messes things up.
Well I just played a half with the latest update in post #1 and the CPU didn't have a bad drop.....it varies from one game to the next. Play a bunch of games and take a look at the whole sum of the parts instead of obsessing over each drive of each game or your gonna drive yourself nuts.

This game is far from perfect.....but it's manageable

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »