Home

Total plays

This is a discussion on Total plays within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Total plays

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the average total plays (for both teams) in an NFL game somewhere in the 130-140 range? I'm asking because I want to run a realistic number of plays when I play the game. With the clock runoff it makes this very manageable. However, one problem persists with me when I play games where there are 140 plays. Its a shootout. Are any of you guys playing on a setting where you have a realistic number of plays per game and are getting varied scored? I'd love to see a 13-10 game every now and again. Or possibly even a shutout.

I just gave up 397 yards to Jake Locker. And there were 8 total turnovers in the game. It was fun but not very realistic.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 02:30 AM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Total plays

From what I have seen so far, a number of slider "weirdness effects" have carried over. I feel like my team covers better on default all-madden than the CPU team, I think the coverage sliders might be just as reversed/wonky as they were on CG. I am probably going to leave reaction and coverage at 50 and just use INT as the "make coverage better/worse" slider (lower it for user, raise it for CPU)

I think the offensive oriented games from the CG are going to carry over, at least for now. I am sure guys are going to test penalty sliders and find a combo of settings and sliders that give the defense somewhat of a chance. Some of the overpowered stuff from CG is still overpowered, unfortunately. At the moment, I am not confident that we will be able to fully tilt the scale in favor of defense, but, I think we might be able to get something going....

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

I don't think this game is offensive oriented at all. On default all madden slow speed I lost to the Texans 13-37 and beat the bills 35-31 as the vikings on 15 min qtrs with 12 secs left on the playclock. I feel there is way more defense in this gen and its way more sim. The Ai is more intelligent too.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Dwenny's Arena

OVR: 0

My first game with Offline CCM, Patriots 20 vs Eagles 35. All-Madden, default. Had one pick 6 against me, felt it was my fault, used backup QB for 3 quarters. Played better than I thought. Would like to see more penalties, only one called. Need to play a few more to see if penalty sliders are needed. Although I lost, I did not feel cheated like in PS3 version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »