Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense - Page 18 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

This is a discussion on Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #137
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Mizzou24's all madden sliders for a CPU offense

From the OP on Jarodd's slider thread....thought this would be of note (see bolded sections)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Couple of things I noticed about the sliders on Next Gen. Pass Coverage seems to have a big affect on INTs for the CPU. I was testing the pass coverage slider to see if it was reversed like it is on the current gen and noticed that the CPU was dropping almost every INT when I had it at 0.. So you definitely can't go too low with the pass coverage slider for the CPU and it's definitely not reversed on next gen. Also the Pass blocking slider has a big affect on the CPUs catching. When you drop the pass blocking slider below 50 the CPU starts to drop alot of passes so you can't take that slider below 50. These sliders don't have the same affect on the USER sliders though only the CPU.

I am running at all 50 on AP right now, with just CPU Pass Coverage dropped to 20. It definitely has resulted in more dropped interceptions by the CPU. I think the Human sliders work "properly" (i.e. dropping the INT slider on human side will drop interception total; but I have not tested that).
Old 12-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #138
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Honestly where I have it at now for human side I see plenty of drops.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #139
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Honestly where I have it at now for human side I see plenty of drops.
I assume you were answering my post.....on the CPU side though (at least in the OP), you have Pass Coverage at 75 and interceptions at 0. I don't know about anyone else, but I was still throwing a ton of picks. Once I dropped the CPU pass coverage to a lower value (keeping INTs, for the moment, at default), it is definitely helping with that issue.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #140

Mizzou24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I assume you were answering my post.....on the CPU side though (at least in the OP), you have Pass Coverage at 75 and interceptions at 0. I don't know about anyone else, but I was still throwing a ton of picks. Once I dropped the CPU pass coverage to a lower value (keeping INTs, for the moment, at default), it is definitely helping with that issue.

Yeah I get what ur saying . However I don't want to make the CPU a cupcake and walk all over every team either. But i will test playing on a lower coverage to see how it feels
Old 12-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #141
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Yeah I get what ur saying . However I don't want to make the CPU a cupcake and walk all over every team either. But i will test playing on a lower coverage to see how it feels
I'm going to try flip-flopping the two settings from your OP to see what happens.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #142
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
CowherPower, are you testing in pre-season games (you mentioned something about 2nd stringers coming in during your last post)? If so, I would be curious to know if you feel things stay the same once you hit the regular season. Every bone in my body tells me that the regular season games feel different than pre-season. I can't tell you why and can't articulate beyond that.....
The only difference is that obviously my starters will remain in the game the whole time.
When Eli left after the 1st quarter,he was 4/6....Nassib finished the game 10/20 with 1 int.

I can see asking about a difference between "play now" and CCM as that was well known in CG,but I don't think there is a difference between preseason and regular season as it's still inside the same CCM.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 12-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #143
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Taking 1 slider at a time,here is what I look for when testing reaction.

If the CB or safety is looking at the QB,as soon as the QB throws the ball does the defender "react" accordingly...or does he hesitate (meaning the reaction slider would need a boost)...because if the defender IS looking at the qb,he should react as soon as the ball is thrown.

In regards to the pass coverage slider..this can be a tricky one. I don't want the mirroring effect between db's and wr's,I also want the separation between good and bad cb's which is what I witnessed @0....obviously it's going to take more than 1-2 games to come to any kind of conclusion....but early tests were positive for me.

I will say this though....many claim they want a "sim" game,but I'm not sure they understand what a "sim" game consists of. These are the things I must see to consider a game a "simulation" of what I see on Sunday's.

1-bad coverage
2-drops from both wr and db's
3- penalties at the worst time possible...nice sweep called back due to holding.

These are just a few things that speak "sim" to me....so for those that don't want these things,I'm not sure what to tell you,as each point I mentioned does happen in real life.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 12-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #144

Mizzou24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Taking 1 slider at a time,here is what I look for when testing reaction.

If the CB or safety is looking at the QB,as soon as the QB throws the ball does the defender "react" accordingly...or does he hesitate (meaning the reaction slider would need a boost)...because if the defender IS looking at the qb,he should react as soon as the ball is thrown.

In regards to the pass coverage slider..this can be a tricky one. I don't want the mirroring effect between db's and wr's,I also want the separation between good and bad cb's which is what I witnessed @0....obviously it's going to take more than 1-2 games to come to any kind of conclusion....but early tests were positive for me.

I will say this though....many claim they want a "sim" game,but I'm not sure they understand what a "sim" game consists of. These are the things I must see to consider a game a "simulation" of what I see on Sunday's.

1-bad coverage

2-drops from both wr and db's

3- penalties at the worst time possible...nice sweep called back due to holding.

These are just a few things that speak "sim" to me....so for those that don't want these things,I'm not sure what to tell you,as each point I mentioned does happen in real life.

Agreed I am thinking here.. Maybe if we keep it at zero but lower the CPU qb accuracy to 7-8? While I agree we should see bad coverage how many games do u see qbs throw 80 percent completion? Two games in a Row I had Russell Wilson and tony romo complete over 80 percent. I won't be able to test anymre til after Christmas so I'll try lowering CPU qb accuracy with 0s and see how the stats look. As for everything else I think we are getting close to spot on I was averaging 3.6-4 yards a carry. Good hbs did good against me and medicre hbs struggled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »