Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense - Page 45 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

This is a discussion on Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #353
Ain't nuttin but a peanut
 
Mizzou24's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mizzou
Posts: 2,972
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I've been playing on default AP for the better part of my ccm and have enjoyed every game. There were things I thought should be tweaked, but nothing major. I used these my last ccm game, and it was one of, if not the best one I've played so far. I've thrown so many picks it's embarasing lol. With these the passing game opened up so much more. I still had to work and focus on coverage/progression, but things felt smoother. Same with the run game. Matt Ryan sliced my defense, but so did their back up when I hurt Ryan. That was the only "concern"; wondering if every QB was going to play well later on. Nothing felt cheap on either side. And definitely supersim CPU fieldgoals.

It really depends on the back up. I have played chad henne and he played awful. Then Kyle Orton torched me lol.
__________________
SFDL online ps4 league commish
Mizzou24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #354
MVP
 
bravesfan1984's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2008
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

mizzou loving these sliders! so your auto subs on page one only work correctly in ccm? rb's disappeared in play now. just want to verify that they function properly within ccm. thanks!
__________________
Atlanta Braves | Dallas Cowboys | Notre Dame Football | UNC Basketball
Charlotte Hornets| 4-Kevin Harvick


Golden Domers: A Fighting Irish Dynasty
bravesfan1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #355
Rookie
 
jdawg26's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2011
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

Loving these sliders. I'm currently 6-0 with them but all games were close except for 1 blowout. Best part about these sliders is the deep ball. On default I was able to hit probably 90% of my deep balls if it was single coverage with a speedy WR but with these it's a lot harder to connect on them which is a good thing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdawg26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #356
Ain't nuttin but a peanut
 
Mizzou24's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mizzou
Posts: 2,972
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
mizzou loving these sliders! so your auto subs on page one only work correctly in ccm? rb's disappeared in play now. just want to verify that they function properly within ccm. thanks!

Yes they work correctly in ccm. Thanks a lot bro I'm glad ur enjoying them!
__________________
SFDL online ps4 league commish
Mizzou24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #357
Ain't nuttin but a peanut
 
Mizzou24's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mizzou
Posts: 2,972
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg26
Loving these sliders. I'm currently 6-0 with them but all games were close except for 1 blowout. Best part about these sliders is the deep ball. On default I was able to hit probably 90% of my deep balls if it was single coverage with a speedy WR but with these it's a lot harder to connect on them which is a good thing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely went with the most simulation approach to these sliders as I could. I am glad that people are finally trying them out. Keep the reviews coming in! Enjoy the football fellas it finally feels close to real.
__________________
SFDL online ps4 league commish
Mizzou24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #358
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2012
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

I am really enjoying these sliders and overall I think they are the best set for sim football on OS right now, but I am having some issues with user defense. Right now I am 12 games in and have 36 interceptions as well as 63 sacks. I am playing as the Lions and Suh already has the sack record with 28 and Rashean Mathis has tied the season int record with 14, half of which he has played as the nickel back. Compared to the rest of the league the highest sack total behind me is 40 and interceptions is 16. I have noticed a lot of it comes from zone defenses, specifically the flats in cover 3, which also leads to a lot of pick sixes. I have 10 defensive TDs in 12 games and the sacks, turnovers, and the scores they lead to are making my games very one-sided.

I know the sliders are put in correctly and although a couple of the QBs in my division are spotty, the Vikings are playing Nathan Enderle and of course you have the Bears QBs (I did knock out Cutler and McCown came in and out played him which I though was pretty neat), but Aaron Rodgers has thrown 1 TD vs 8 Ints against me. In the Packer game on Thanksgiving I was actually down 14-0 in the first quarter, but I got two pick sixes (both in the flats) and a field goal to put me up 17-14 at half. I then got two more ints in the third quarter and the game was 38-14 by end of the third. I ended up beating them 52-14 with 3 defensive TDs and 6 turnovers. This is honestly how a lot of my games have been going, with the first half being more competitive, but the turnovers eventually burying the CPU.

The worst part is outside of these excessive interceptions and sacks the rest of the game is playing fantastic. My completion % is perhaps a bit high, but I use a lot of check downs and overall I love how the user pass and run game feels. The computer offense is also solid as well, and I especially like the variety of the CPU run game from game-to-game. The only real issue is how the computer drives are being stalled with sacks and interceptions.

I had hoped the intentional grounding at 100 would help QBs throw the ball away and curb some of the sacks, but the CPU still does not throw the ball away. The vast majority of my sacks are from 3 and 4 man line rushes in which they have the chance to do something rather than take a sack, and honestly at this point I would settle for completions > sacks. The computer drops more picks than it should, but it is better than the "every DB has Jerry Rice hands" than what I was seeing with All-Madden based sets. I am really curious to see if anyone else is having similar issues, and if so have they been able to do anything to fix it? I will gladly take any suggestions, as this is honestly the best sim-like Madden I have played for years, and if I could just fix the int and sack issues I would put it up there with some of the great sports games I have played over the years.
Hanoble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #359
Ain't nuttin but a peanut
 
Mizzou24's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mizzou
Posts: 2,972
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoble
I am really enjoying these sliders and overall I think they are the best set for sim football on OS right now, but I am having some issues with user defense. Right now I am 12 games in and have 36 interceptions as well as 63 sacks. I am playing as the Lions and Suh already has the sack record with 28 and Rashean Mathis has tied the season int record with 14, half of which he has played as the nickel back. Compared to the rest of the league the highest sack total behind me is 40 and interceptions is 16. I have noticed a lot of it comes from zone defenses, specifically the flats in cover 3, which also leads to a lot of pick sixes. I have 10 defensive TDs in 12 games and the sacks, turnovers, and the scores they lead to are making my games very one-sided.



I know the sliders are put in correctly and although a couple of the QBs in my division are spotty, the Vikings are playing Nathan Enderle and of course you have the Bears QBs (I did knock out Cutler and McCown came in and out played him which I though was pretty neat), but Aaron Rodgers has thrown 1 TD vs 8 Ints against me. In the Packer game on Thanksgiving I was actually down 14-0 in the first quarter, but I got two pick sixes (both in the flats) and a field goal to put me up 17-14 at half. I then got two more ints in the third quarter and the game was 38-14 by end of the third. I ended up beating them 52-14 with 3 defensive TDs and 6 turnovers. This is honestly how a lot of my games have been going, with the first half being more competitive, but the turnovers eventually burying the CPU.



The worst part is outside of these excessive interceptions and sacks the rest of the game is playing fantastic. My completion % is perhaps a bit high, but I use a lot of check downs and overall I love how the user pass and run game feels. The computer offense is also solid as well, and I especially like the variety of the CPU run game from game-to-game. The only real issue is how the computer drives are being stalled with sacks and interceptions.



I had hoped the intentional grounding at 100 would help QBs throw the ball away and curb some of the sacks, but the CPU still does not throw the ball away. The vast majority of my sacks are from 3 and 4 man line rushes in which they have the chance to do something rather than take a sack, and honestly at this point I would settle for completions > sacks. The computer drops more picks than it should, but it is better than the "every DB has Jerry Rice hands" than what I was seeing with All-Madden based sets. I am really curious to see if anyone else is having similar issues, and if so have they been able to do anything to fix it? I will gladly take any suggestions, as this is honestly the best sim-like Madden I have played for years, and if I could just fix the int and sack issues I would put it up there with some of the great sports games I have played over the years.

Do u over blitz? U could raise pass block but this will cause an issue of u never seeing the CPU receivers drop the ball.

For the interceptions if ur seeing to many drop ur pass coverage to 15.
__________________
SFDL online ps4 league commish
Mizzou24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #360
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2012
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Do u over blitz? U could raise pass block but this will cause an issue of u never seeing the CPU receivers drop the ball.

For the interceptions if ur seeing to many drop ur pass coverage to 15.
I do blitz, but not a ton and I have even house ruled myself to very limited/no blitzing and it did not seem to matter. The majority of my sacks are in coverage situations and playcalls. My DTs Suh and Fairley account for almost 40 of my sacks, and in watching replays the QB just holds on to the ball too long a lot of the time and they eventually beat the OL. I have tried to avoid the no drop ball issue cause I feel like the offensive passing numbers are so good right now, but I will try your suggestions here and see how it goes. Thanks for the quick reply Mizzou and all the hard work you put into these. I have tried many different sets and I really do enjoy these the most, just need to work out a few of these kinks. I'll post again after a handful of games and see how it goes.
Hanoble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Top -