Home

Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

This is a discussion on Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #361
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoble
I do blitz, but not a ton and I have even house ruled myself to very limited/no blitzing and it did not seem to matter. The majority of my sacks are in coverage situations and playcalls. My DTs Suh and Fairley account for almost 40 of my sacks, and in watching replays the QB just holds on to the ball too long a lot of the time and they eventually beat the OL. I have tried to avoid the no drop ball issue cause I feel like the offensive passing numbers are so good right now, but I will try your suggestions here and see how it goes. Thanks for the quick reply Mizzou and all the hard work you put into these. I have tried many different sets and I really do enjoy these the most, just need to work out a few of these kinks. I'll post again after a handful of games and see how it goes.

If that doesn't work I would try reuploading the sliders because i don't have those provlems especially the CPU qbs throwing a ton of picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #362
Rookie

Brian3113's Arena

OVR: 0

Been reading these slider threads all afternoon. Going to give this one a try after this GB SF game is over. Looking forward to checking them out. Looks like you put in a lot of work.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #363

Mizzou24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian3113
Been reading these slider threads all afternoon. Going to give this one a try after this GB SF game is over. Looking forward to checking them out. Looks like you put in a lot of work.

Cool man let me know how ya like them. For the most part seems like everyone is enjoying them.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #364
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Running is way too easy for both sides..
Old 01-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #365

Mizzou24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Running is way too easy for both sides..

So adjust it if it's too easy for u
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #366
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoble
I am really enjoying these sliders and overall I think they are the best set for sim football on OS right now, but I am having some issues with user defense. Right now I am 12 games in and have 36 interceptions as well as 63 sacks. I am playing as the Lions and Suh already has the sack record with 28 and Rashean Mathis has tied the season int record with 14, half of which he has played as the nickel back. Compared to the rest of the league the highest sack total behind me is 40 and interceptions is 16. I have noticed a lot of it comes from zone defenses, specifically the flats in cover 3, which also leads to a lot of pick sixes. I have 10 defensive TDs in 12 games and the sacks, turnovers, and the scores they lead to are making my games very one-sided.

I know the sliders are put in correctly and although a couple of the QBs in my division are spotty, the Vikings are playing Nathan Enderle and of course you have the Bears QBs (I did knock out Cutler and McCown came in and out played him which I though was pretty neat), but Aaron Rodgers has thrown 1 TD vs 8 Ints against me. In the Packer game on Thanksgiving I was actually down 14-0 in the first quarter, but I got two pick sixes (both in the flats) and a field goal to put me up 17-14 at half. I then got two more ints in the third quarter and the game was 38-14 by end of the third. I ended up beating them 52-14 with 3 defensive TDs and 6 turnovers. This is honestly how a lot of my games have been going, with the first half being more competitive, but the turnovers eventually burying the CPU.

The worst part is outside of these excessive interceptions and sacks the rest of the game is playing fantastic. My completion % is perhaps a bit high, but I use a lot of check downs and overall I love how the user pass and run game feels. The computer offense is also solid as well, and I especially like the variety of the CPU run game from game-to-game. The only real issue is how the computer drives are being stalled with sacks and interceptions.

I had hoped the intentional grounding at 100 would help QBs throw the ball away and curb some of the sacks, but the CPU still does not throw the ball away. The vast majority of my sacks are from 3 and 4 man line rushes in which they have the chance to do something rather than take a sack, and honestly at this point I would settle for completions > sacks. The computer drops more picks than it should, but it is better than the "every DB has Jerry Rice hands" than what I was seeing with All-Madden based sets. I am really curious to see if anyone else is having similar issues, and if so have they been able to do anything to fix it? I will gladly take any suggestions, as this is honestly the best sim-like Madden I have played for years, and if I could just fix the int and sack issues I would put it up there with some of the great sports games I have played over the years.
I'm playing as the lions too and having the exact same issues, maybe it's the lions! Everything else is playing amazing, but My interceptions (a lot with Mathis) and sacks are out of control compared to the rest of the league
Old 01-05-2014, 09:57 PM   #367
Rookie

Brian3113's Arena

Dude, I gotta say, these are pretty damn good. I had almost lost interest in Madden due to poor game play. I just played a game as the Seahawks against the Cardinals and it felt good most of the way through. Things felt right. Palmer threw for a few too many yards for my liking and Sherman got beat a few too many times, but maybe some slight tweaking here and there will nail it. I will play several more games before I change anything of course. I'm not sure how you guys post the screens of the stats but I will just post a few below.

Passing:
Palmer Rating 121.9 Completion % 71.4% (a little high I think) 25/35 367 yards 3 TD 1 INT
Wilson: Rating 91.7 Completion % 66.6 22/33 190 Yards 1 TD 0 INT

Rushing:
Lynch 32 Carries 131 yards 4.0 average (broke a couple 10+) 1 TD
Mendenhall 7 Carries 14 yards (they threw all day) 2.0 average 0 TD
Wilson 4 Carries 35 yards 8.7 average (ran when necessary only, felt right)

Receiving:
Fitzgerald 8 Catches 111 yards 13.8 Average 0 TD
Harvin 7 Catches 46 yards 6.5 Average 0 TD
Roberts 6 Catches 120 yards 20.0 Average 2 TD (This I thought was a little off)
Baldwin 5 Catches 53 yards 10.6 Average 1 TD
Tate 4 Catches 39 yards 9.7 Average 0 TD
Floyd 3 Catches 59 yards 19.6 Average 1 TD
A few more guys with 2 or 3 catches no TD's

Defensive:
Powers 8 Tackles 2 TFL
Wagner 8 Tackles 1 TFL 1 Sack

Team Defensive Sacks:
Seattle - 9 (This seemed a little high as well)
Arizona - 2

Team Defensive INT's
Seattle - 1 by Walter Thurmond (1 dropped by Sherman)
Arizona - 0 (1 dropped by a Linebacker)

Like I said, overall it felt pretty great. I ended up winning on a FG as time expired. I thought I was going to get "Maddened" When they stopped me with about 2:50 to go in the game near midfield and I had to punt. I downed the ball at the 4. I thought for sure they were going to drive the field typical of a Madden game and kick the game winner, but I was able to hold and force a punt, get a good return and barely get into range. It was pretty awesome.

Going to play a few more games before starting my CCM and maybe make slight tweaks depending on what I see. I will play a much lower rated team to make sure I don't score 50 or something and play another top team like SF to make sure I don't get my own doors blown off, but this has revived my enjoyment of Madden. Thank you.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:21 PM   #368

Mizzou24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmart2769
I'm playing as the lions too and having the exact same issues, maybe it's the lions! Everything else is playing amazing, but My interceptions (a lot with Mathis) and sacks are out of control compared to the rest of the league

I will do some testing on how high I can raise CPU pass block without it affecting wr catch.. As for the interceptions lower ur pass coverage to 15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »