Penalty Sliders - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Penalty Sliders

This is a discussion on Penalty Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Penalty Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
Is there a penalty slider that will help the CPU QB get rid of the ball faster, they seem to hold on to the ball too long, I on Normal speed. I have CPU pass block at 95 and i'm still getting way to many sacks.

thanks
I've tried every conceivable combination of penalties and sliders to try to combat this, and there is no solution. Sacks are broken in NG. Only a patch will fix it. No way to prevent anywhere from 6-12 sacks on QBs in NG.

C
Old 12-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, that is annoying that its so hard to open up the tackles animations..Im so hating the flat on your back no matter how fast you running animation.....there is no reason that type of tackle should happen so often with the suppose new engine
Old 12-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #11
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I've tried every conceivable combination of penalties and sliders to try to combat this, and there is no solution. Sacks are broken in NG. Only a patch will fix it. No way to prevent anywhere from 6-12 sacks on QBs in NG.

C
6-12 sacks is not what I'm seeing. 6 is the most I see. Not sure what your doing. I'm not seeing this on default all-madden

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
6-12 sacks is not what I'm seeing. 6 is the most I see. Not sure what your doing. I'm not seeing this on default all-madden
Sacks are extremely inflated in Coach mode.

C
Old 12-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #13
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

IMO, if someone is seeing upwards of 12 sacks per game, they are trying too many long passes or using plays with long developing routes.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
IMO, if someone is seeing upwards of 12 sacks per game, they are trying too many long passes or using plays with long developing routes.
You might be right which certainly does explain why its broken and needs a patch. The QB non-action is what is causing the sack. They will hold the ball forever in some cases...especially on the longer routes. They need to enhance the logic so QBs throw the ball away or get rid of it faster. Something is off for sure. The long passes should be viable routes and QBs should have better timing on them with the receiver. I am tired of seeing 6 yard completions all the time. Yes, they do make longer throws but as you said, it can usually wind up in a sack.

So as not to infuriate people who don't see this when they play, I am talking COACH mode.

C
Old 12-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #15
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
on last Gen it was said the intentional grounding slider did this. I cant confirm because I never tested it. I found that once I blasted the QB a few times he would throw the ball faster when pressured, including out of bounds. ive been so busy trying to tweak other things with the PS4 version I haven't even attempted to try to mess with the QB tendencies
I always had good results from boosting the IG slider to 75 / 80 with both Madden and NCAA for both the PS2 and PS3 eras...

Otherwise, CPU QB holds on to the ball to long, trying to make a play and takes a sack in the process...

Granted, I haven't played PS4 version yet, and from what I'm reading penalties are not as responsive, but it's worth a shot...
Old 12-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I always had good results from boosting the IG slider to 75 / 80 with both Madden and NCAA for both the PS2 and PS3 eras...

Otherwise, CPU QB holds on to the ball to long, trying to make a play and takes a sack in the process...

Granted, I haven't played PS4 version yet, and from what I'm reading penalties are not as responsive, but it's worth a shot...
Yes...I've tried boosting this as high as 95% and it offers little help in getting them to release sooner...not as linked to QB action as on CG.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »