Home

Slow or Normal?

This is a discussion on Slow or Normal? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Slow or Normal?

I think they game "looks" more realistic on Slow...but as others have said, it does play a bit better on normal. There is logic tied to animations playing out based on game speed and the QB will definitely hold the ball too long and sacks rack up like crazy.

Sacks on the CPU QB remain an issue regardless of speed...but the slower you go the worse it gets.

C
Old 12-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
here is my question for the slow or very slow speed guys. I have noticed that some years normal is the same as slow in other years but, guys still always want to use slow. Is some of it just to make a change? This years normal is slower than normal in previous years. It's pretty much Madden 13's slow. If that's the case then what's wrong with normal? Do any of you guys notice what I'm talking about?

I think the game plays best on normal and 50 threshold.
I always felt it animated better on slow. the players moved and interacted with less "video game" movements but instead had mre life like movements IMO. but with M25 PS4 normal speed seems to be the best setting. things just have not been playing out well (animation wise) on the slower settings. and while I have still yet to find a setting that makes me like the game as much as I did on the 360, all pro- everything at 50 - normal speed- seems to be the best starting point to make tweaks.

EA and their sliders and settings.....smh....
Old 12-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #19
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
I always felt it animated better on slow. the players moved and interacted with less "video game" movements but instead had mre life like movements IMO. but with M25 PS4 normal speed seems to be the best setting. things just have not been playing out well (animation wise) on the slower settings. and while I have still yet to find a setting that makes me like the game as much as I did on the 360, all pro- everything at 50 - normal speed- seems to be the best starting point to make tweaks.

EA and their sliders and settings.....smh....
Just play it on normal, 50 threshold, default all-madden, set some penalty sliders (Charter's are good), and you can thank me in the morning for the best football experience on a video game in a very long time (if ever).
Old 12-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just play it on normal, 50 threshold, default all-madden, set some penalty sliders (Charter's are good), and you can thank me in the morning for the best football experience on a video game in a very long time (if ever).
I agree for the most part. but if you can find the settings that brig back CGs ball carrier animations, the multi player interactions and physics ill thank you then send you a check LoL. those were the things that had me calling M25 the best one id played and they are sorely missing on NG.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I went back to Normal/50. Something about Slow/0 just didn't feel right to me. Can't really explain it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #22
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I never liked very slow but I started to play on it and actually really like it for animations I think they look the best seen a lot more cool ones I never seen before.

Playing:
Old 12-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

FAST defaut all-pro 50 thresh. fast wr's can actually beat a cb and the cpu plays a pretty darn good game
Old 12-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm still going back and forth on this, but, to be honest, I don't see or feel much of a difference between Normal and Slow. There's a huge difference between Slow and Very Slow. I actually real like how Very Slow feels, but it's just too slow for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »