Default All-Madden - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Default All-Madden

This is a discussion on Default All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #25
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Default All-Madden

I think we're getting closer and closer to sports games where sliders are going to become irrelevant. You can see it in NBA 2k right now, as developers learn how to use the increased power, they can also improve CPU AI, which will help sports games a lot. I too am sticking with All-Madden and I have done slider sets in the past. I just don't feel like sliders balance the game any more than default.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #26
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I think we're getting closer and closer to sports games where sliders are going to become irrelevant. You can see it in NBA 2k right now, as developers learn how to use the increased power, they can also improve CPU AI, which will help sports games a lot. I too am sticking with All-Madden and I have done slider sets in the past. I just don't feel like sliders balance the game any more than default.
Wow...both Authentic and Charter off of the slider "bandwagon". I find that fascinating given where we were even last year. I definitely agree though, as games become more physics-based and AI improved, sliders will mean less and less.

People keep asking about the penalty sliders and if they impact gameplay as much as previously. Most of us on Current Gen would say there is far less of an impact than compared to Old Gen. I think that is because of the improved physics and AI (hopefully the result of the Ignite engine). This is probably why heavy slider tweaks "break" the balance of the game. From what reading I have done, it also appears that this is the case in current-gen FIFA 14 as well; that the AI is much improved over the old-gen version (very few slider tweaks seem to be necessary).
Old 12-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #27
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

I hope to Jesus that this slider drama can get eliminated from games by game developers just creating a game that plays as it should out the box. We turn into developers ourselves and spend more time tweaking than playing, what's killer is one mans "I found the perfect slider set" is the next mans "these sliders suck and are not for me" set. Mentioning games like 2K, that game has so many different sliders how can one even make the perfect game? I really think that game comes down to player tendencies more than sliders but that's a whole different story.
In madden the HOT/COLD streaks have a HUGE impact on how the game plays out so without playing on default how do you take that into consideration?
Also if this years next gen Madden plays well on default I figured if I turn coach mode ON the game should play out great..I tried this last night on all pro default.
The game indeed played out nice with me having only two minor issues...1. I felt my team did not pressure the QB enough till the end of the 4th quarter and 2. My team had 5 interceptions......now I can either tweak sliders, play and replay or just enjoy it for what it's worth and see if the next game plays out differently, which I'm sure it will. The games stats were surprisingly good, even the high QB % at default was not an issue.
Very happy.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #28
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

What's the final set for penalty sliders? I am doing default all-madden now and love it but I want good penalty sliders since it just affects penalty calls.......... And some are crazy, roughing passer at 54 u never see it, at 55 it's called like every 10th play lol
Old 12-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #29
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I'm seeing the same things with FIFA( the only game I do sliders for), going back just two years, sliders needed to be heavily edited just to make it feel like football, this year though most slider adjustments are quite subtle and deal more with balancing out the difficulty rather than fixing "sim" type flaws. especially with the NG version which to me is the sports game of the year.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #30
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I'm seeing the same things with FIFA( the only game I do sliders for), going back just two years, sliders needed to be heavily edited just to make it feel like football, this year though most slider adjustments are quite subtle and deal more with balancing out the difficulty rather than fixing "sim" type flaws. especially with the NG version which to me is the sports game of the year.
Wait for MLB the Show to make that statement, but that might qualify for next year I guess. I think NBA is though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #31
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I am default on all NG sports games, no more slideritus!!!

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 02:24 AM   #32
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

The bad thing I see on default all madden is that my D linemen never get off their blocks and the CPU run game can break out side runs for long gains way too easily. Anyone else seeing this? I mean I am using the Titans but damn. It's frustrating to stop the run. Are you guys leaving on heat seeker and all that stuff? I haven't been. I like the challenge but hate always having high scoring games. It's like my lbs all get sucked in. Not sure what to do. I'm also on Normal speed .

Also I'm on Ps4 and the controls are a little tougher as far as responsiveness on taking controll of a player and cutting towards the ball carrier.

Last edited by sooner1; 12-09-2013 at 02:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »