Home

Interceptions

This is a discussion on Interceptions within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
After playing in practice mode all morning and testing different slider settings, I believe that the Interceptions slider is dead. No adjustments to said slider has any effect on the defense's abilities to get interceptions. It's the Pass Coverage slider that affects the DB's likelihood of intercepting a pass.

In fact, after hours of testing, I would argue that the Pass Coverage slider is the Interceptions slider because I didn't notice any other changes to the DB's behavior and abilities when testing this slider other than the interceptions decreasing or increasing.

Another anomaly I noticed during testing is that the Reaction Time slider is backwards. Increasing it actually decreases the defense's reaction time to passes. To test this, I set it at zero and kept hotrouting to a simply curl route. I used the matchup of Dez Bryant vs Deangelo Hall. At 0, Hall was reacting almost instantly when Bryant was making his break to come back to the line of scrimmage. At 100, however, the reaction time was slowed and more in line with my expectations of what I would consider a realistic reaction time. I'll have to watch some film, however, and see how fast certain DB's react in real life before I can find a setting I'm happy with on that slider.
I experimented by lowering Interception slider to zero and that made a difference, so not sure why you didn't see that. I have since put it at 15.

I read another post suggesting pass coverage be lowered to 20 or less, maybe you? Sounds good and maybe I'll give that a try, not because of interceptions, but because of the CPU man coverage.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #10
Rookie

i've thrown 38 picks in 6 games on all pro.....
i don't even bother throwing the ****ing ball anymore.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrody
i've thrown 38 picks in 6 games on all pro.....
i don't even bother throwing the ****ing ball anymore.

With a forecast of up to 10 inches of snow coming, I needed a good laugh, thanks!

Some have suggested lowering pass coverage to 15-20, so try that and lower interceptions to zero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #12
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

I've got cpu pass cov at 62 and Ints at 43. I like what I see there. Quality coverage still, but I'm not throwing tons of picks. If you try this and are still throwing picks, I think you can keep lowering int to 42, 41, etc. and see if you find a good mix. For me, I think pass cov at 20 would be too low, and I do see a difference with Int 43. With pass cov 62 and Int at 44, 45, 46, etc., I start throwing too many ints, the cpu defenders are just ALWAYS there.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi

With a forecast of up to 10 inches of snow coming, I needed a good laugh, thanks!

Some have suggested lowering pass coverage to 15-20, so try that and lower interceptions to zero.
well i dont want to be 90%+ on completion, i want it to be realistic. the thing that is driving me is fat ****ing LB's who have mad hops all of a sudden jumping and catching a bullet to a receiver 10 yards down the field.

glad you're having a good chuckle on my misfortune, and the worst part is, i neglected the HB position during the draft, and have a BJGE as my HB.. dude gets rocked so hard.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #14
MVP

Realism in Madden Football is extremely difficult. Good luck!

Try what I posted and see what happens. Even with interceptions at zero, you will still get picked off. The important thing is you will be able to throw that___ball.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #15
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
well i dont want to be 90%+ on completion, i want it to be realistic. the thing that is driving me is fat ****ing LB's who have mad hops all of a sudden jumping and catching a bullet to a receiver 10 yards down the field.

glad you're having a good chuckle on my misfortune, and the worst part is, i neglected the HB position during the draft, and have a BJGE as my HB.. dude gets rocked so hard.

I've captured realism about as close as it's gonna get on this game.. Bjge will be able to mow little defenders over and interceptions are not automatic most games qbs are in 50-70% completion.. U just gotta keep working the sliders til u get what ya want.. Took me about 4 weeks but I'm finally satisfied and having the best football gaming experience ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #16
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:

All you have to do is put CPU coverage down to 20 and your set bro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »