Tackling slider? Broken tackles/blockshed - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Tackling slider? Broken tackles/blockshed

This is a discussion on Tackling slider? Broken tackles/blockshed within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Tackling slider? Broken tackles/blockshed

Are we Thinking Tacling at 80, Run Blk. 58, and Fumbles at 17 ?

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
This is going to seem crazy, but try setting the Tackling sliders to 100. I, too, noticed that setting it at 0 was ineffective and that it also affected the CPU's FG ability. However, I thought about some OS theories in previous years about how certain sliders were backwards in some games, so I decided to test that theory this time.

What I noticed after setting it at 100 is that there were more broken tackles now. What I also like is that it didn't dumb down the CPU or human player's ability to make tackles; it doesn't turn every player into Earl Campbell; it just made the "tackling radius" smaller, meaning that the suction tackling that's visible on default was less apparent. The user now has to be smarter when tackling; you can't just go diving at players carelessly knowing that you'll get the tackle. And against the CPU, it allows more elusive players to actually utilize the jukes and stuff that were marketed with some effectiveness without them being overly powerful like they were in Madden 04.

What do you suggest for :

Run Blocking

Fumbles

and

Tackling

Sliders ?

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #19
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I'm currently using

Hum/CPU
Run Blk 55/46
Tack. 64/64
Fumble 20/20

I'm definitely not saying these are amazing or anything, but this is what I'm currently playing at. I'm still tweaking, and am not playing much lately, but this is where I left off. Still not seeing a lot of fumbles, not that I want a ton, but I wouldn't mind seeing more. And, strangely, even at tack 64, I don't see a ton of big hits, so there aren't a lot of opps for fumbles. I can't quite tell what the run blocking is absolutely doing, but I really felt my oline wasn't doing much and the CPU was, so that's why I've got those where they're at. I'm playing with the falcons though and their offensive line is the worst in the league, so that may affect where I'm at. I hope to get into madden a little more again and I'll probably post a slider thread then. Right now, I don't feel that much of what I've got is set in stone, so I'd like to tinker a bit more before starting a slider thread. I think I may have played too much CG madden, though and got a little slidered out. Lol. That and I've been a little busy lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I'm currently using

Hum/CPU
Run Blk 55/46
Tack. 64/64
Fumble 20/20

I'm definitely not saying these are amazing or anything, but this is what I'm currently playing at. I'm still tweaking, and am not playing much lately, but this is where I left off. Still not seeing a lot of fumbles, not that I want a ton, but I wouldn't mind seeing more. And, strangely, even at tack 64, I don't see a ton of big hits, so there aren't a lot of opps for fumbles. I can't quite tell what the run blocking is absolutely doing, but I really felt my oline wasn't doing much and the CPU was, so that's why I've got those where they're at. I'm playing with the falcons though and their offensive line is the worst in the league, so that may affect where I'm at. I hope to get into madden a little more again and I'll probably post a slider thread then. Right now, I don't feel that much of what I've got is set in stone, so I'd like to tinker a bit more before starting a slider thread. I think I may have played too much CG madden, though and got a little slidered out. Lol. That and I've been a little busy lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Hope to hear more about what you find.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »