Home

Is editing sliders during franchise effective?

This is a discussion on Is editing sliders during franchise effective? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2014, 04:48 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Is editing sliders during franchise effective?

Or do you need to settle on your sliders before you start?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is editing sliders during franchise effective?

Set them in the main menu first and save them. Then, go into franchise, go to slider screen, and load them (using the load function....triangle on PS4). Each time you make a slider change, you need to do the same thing.....
Old 01-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Set them in the main menu first and save them. Then, go into franchise, go to slider screen, and load them (using the load function....triangle on PS4). Each time you make a slider change, you need to do the same thing.....

That's why u shouldn't load them, IMO. If u start to make changes, u have to load, import, etc. I think I'm in the minority here as I see everybody talking about loading/importing/etc instead of simply making changes on the fly within your CFM. I have been messing with sliders for awhile now and I can tell u, I have never imported/loaded sliders into my CFM/into my main menu/etc. I simply altered them within my CFM, played a game, thought about what I saw, then changed a few sliders, played another game, etc. The only trick here I've noticed is that if u change sliders after a game within CFM, save your CFM, then turn the game off. When u turn back on, your changes may not be saved. The way I got around this was to play a game, change sliders, advance to next week, THEN save CFM. This seemed to save changes. So, like I said, I really think I'm in the minority here on how to save sliders, but I have changed sliders constantly, a few clicks per game often times as I play a season, and they do stick, they do update, they do play. There is absolutely no reason to load/import. This way, u can play a CFM while u alter sliders and find your sweet spots. Ultimately, you're trying to find the best playing game for u, and it shouldn't be considered 'bad etiquette' to alter sliders during the season as opposed to playing an entire season with one set of sliders, IMO (if that's a part of your question, not sure. I've chatted with kids that want to play an entire season with absolutely one final set, so I thought that may be a part of what you're asking).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
That's why u shouldn't load them, IMO. If u start to make changes, u have to load, import, etc. I think I'm in the minority here as I see everybody talking about loading/importing/etc instead of simply making changes on the fly within your CFM. I have been messing with sliders for awhile now and I can tell u, I have never imported/loaded sliders into my CFM/into my main menu/etc. I simply altered them within my CFM, played a game, thought about what I saw, then changed a few sliders, played another game, etc. The only trick here I've noticed is that if u change sliders after a game within CFM, save your CFM, then turn the game off. When u turn back on, your changes may not be saved. The way I got around this was to play a game, change sliders, advance to next week, THEN save CFM. This seemed to save changes. So, like I said, I really think I'm in the minority here on how to save sliders, but I have changed sliders constantly, a few clicks per game often times as I play a season, and they do stick, they do update, they do play. There is absolutely no reason to load/import. This way, u can play a CFM while u alter sliders and find your sweet spots. Ultimately, you're trying to find the best playing game for u, and it shouldn't be considered 'bad etiquette' to alter sliders during the season as opposed to playing an entire season with one set of sliders, IMO (if that's a part of your question, not sure. I've chatted with kids that want to play an entire season with absolutely one final set, so I thought that may be a part of what you're asking).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did this in Madden 25 PS3 as well never had any issues. But now, I am doing it from the main menu then uploading sliders in PS4 Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »