Home

MySliders & Theory

This is a discussion on MySliders & Theory within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #17
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MySliders & Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
See red above....that is going to kill you as the pass coverage slider is going to you too many interceptions (suspected that the interception and pass coverage sliders are flip-flopped).
Ya I also believe this to be true I have been testing pass coverage at 3 and pass reaction at 100 with my own sliders on all madden. And I am seeing no more super human cb ints that drive me nuts. Need more testing but I do like what I been seeing so far. As far as penalty sliders I Have been using Elway 7 coach mode sliders for penalties only and I gotta say I think hes hit them on the head. I still see some penalties but since they really don't work anyways who cares it has improved game play.

Playing:
Old 01-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #18
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
See red above....that is going to kill you as the pass coverage slider is going to you too many interceptions (suspected that the interception and pass coverage sliders are flip-flopped).
I will definitely continue to test and focus on this part of the sliders...I have moved "Interceptions" down to 20/20 for Human and CPU. So far though, the interceptions have been against me, and due to poor throwing decisions.

I have been picked off by players like Darrelle Revis and Richard Sherman, who will both jump "curl" routes and seem to cover much better than other defenders, which I do like to see. It also appears that some players in zone will actually strafe, keeping their eyes on the QB while still showing some spacial awareness in regards to the receiver's location....Granted I have so far only a limited amount of experience with these slider settings.

I hope that more players, such as yourself, will provide input as has been done with many other slider sets, in the conquest for the most competitive, realism representative sliders that can be pieced together.

2 of my biggest concerns have been balancing run blocking and the results of run plays, and M2M/zone coverage.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #19
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
Ya I also believe this to be true I have been testing pass coverage at 3 and pass reaction at 100 with my own sliders on all madden. And I am seeing no more super human cb ints that drive me nuts. Need more testing but I do like what I been seeing so far. As far as penalty sliders I Have been using Elway 7 coach mode sliders for penalties only and I gotta say I think hes hit them on the head. I still see some penalties but since they really don't work anyways who cares it has improved game play.
One of my concerns with "Pass Reaction Time," is that iif it effects LBs and DBs, then maybe it effects pass reaction time & run reaction time. Any noticeable difference in reaction time setting and how quickly the defense reacts to runs?
Old 01-06-2014, 05:40 AM   #20
Just started!

I decided to join O.S. tonight so that I could share what I have experienced with the slider settings on ps4.i have tried every possible combination and found myself more obsessed with trying to have a semi realistic game than leading the Seahawks to their first super bowl victory. Just for kicks I took every skill slider to 100 for both human and computer. The two that are results of a given play not skill are interceptions and fumbles which I set at zero. I continued to use my custom penalty settings which I will share below along with the other settings associated with franchise. I haven't experienced any poor effects from using 100 or zero. The gameplay has been as realistic as I have ever seen on Madden. You have to out think the computer to have success. You can't run all man or all zone with long term success and the same goes for offense. Complete a couple of 15 yard curl routes on a drive and the CB will press with safety help. Overuse the screen and they cover more in the flat. The running game has been good. I had huge success against the Titans at home with Lynch 24 carries for 145 and then got shut down vs Cardinals on the road 18 for 54. Tackle and coverage animations as well as spectacular catches happen realistically. Everyone is different and I am in no way an expert Madden baller but these settings have eliminated the need to spend valuable time messing with sliders.

Instant starter ..........off
Salary cap.................on
Skill level..................all Madden
Play call style ............airflow
Quarter length............15 min
Accelerated clock........on
Min play clock.............18
Game speed................slow
Player progression.......weekly
Coach firing................on
Game play tuning........yes
Injury........................on
Pre existing injury.......off
Trade deadline............on
Trade type.................enable all
Relocation.................normal
Auto strafe................off
Pre snap menu..........on
Heat seeker..............off
Ball hawk.................on
Switch assist............on

Player and computer

QB accuracy..................100
Pass block.....................100
WR catching..................100
Run blocking.................100
Fumbles........................0
Pass def reaction time....100
Interceptions.................0
Pass coverage...............100
Tackling.......................100

FG power.....................50
FG accuracy.................50
Punt power..................55
Punt accuracy..............100
Kickoff power..............50

Injuries......................42
Fatigue......................64
Min player speed threshold.....26

Offside......................100
False start.................100
Holding.....................56
Face mask.................52
Def pass interference..100 ( have had 5 called in 6 games)
Off pass interference..100 ( 1 called so far)
Punt catch interference...90
Clipping....................52
Intentional grounding...90
Roughing passer........52
Roughing kicker........70

Subs all 60-80 except RB 68-83 WR 68-83 DT 68-83 DE 68-83

Like I said this is working great for me. Thanks for your input I have gotten a lot of good info from this thread. I hope some parts of what I am doing helps someone have a better experienced with this game. Just finished game with Arizona week 6 on the road. Lost 24-17. A late fumble by Wilson on a sack shut down my game winning drive at mid field with 1:35 left. Hawks are 4-2 now. Cool thing happening that I have never seen before in Madden. The computer controlled Rams just announced they are moving back to Los Angeles.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:46 AM   #21
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Edited and deleted my previous posts; the OP has been changed to reflect my new adjustments based off another persons work, who I cite in the OP. I summarized what each slider does according to the information/data linked in the OP. The original work was done in NCAA 14 and I merely took the information and brought in over to M25 NG in relation to my skill level; hopefully the descriptions are informative enough that anyone may be able to fine tune the sliders to their skill level.

In regards to the QB Accuracy and Pass Blocking slider effects, further information is available in the OP link. Essentially, a QB with a higher accuracy is going to have more confidence, make the more difficult throws and deeper shots which could lead to higher interceptions IF the INT and/or Pass Cover sliders for the CPU are higher. A lower QB Accuracy is going to throw shorter, safer passes and avoid double coverage and they may throw the ball away more, where as a higher QB accuracy may have the QB stay in pocket longer and thus take a sack as they are less likely to throw the ball away.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 01-14-2014 at 01:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 12:55 PM   #22
MVP

Teleo's Arena

I have a question: Zappa is a coach mode player, are you? The reason I ask is that you base your findings off of his sliders and I would be greatly encouraged if you are given that is my style of play and coach mode mode is such an enigma. I look forward to your response.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #23
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
I have a question: Zappa is a coach mode player, are you? The reason I ask is that you base your findings off of his sliders and I would be greatly encouraged if you are given that is my style of play and coach mode mode is such an enigma. I look forward to your response.
I am not a coach mode player. I am making adjustments, and have made adjustments, based on what I experience and see in actual games I am playing.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:12 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I am not a coach mode player. I am making adjustments, and have made adjustments, based on what I experience and see in actual games I am playing.

How have you been Brother ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »