Home

Steelcitycobra's elite player sliders

This is a discussion on Steelcitycobra's elite player sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2014, 07:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Steelcitycobra's elite player sliders

Steelcitycobra’s Elite Player Sliders

USER
CPU

Accuracy

Pass Blocking

Catching

Run Blocking

Fumbles

Reaction Time

Intereptions

Pass Coverage

Tackling

Difficulty: All Madden/Custom
All other settings as default (All penalty's set to 50)

These sliders are for players of a high standard who find default All Madden is not challenging enough. The sliders have been designed to add challenge to CFM without making the game unrealistic.

Rationale behind some of the slider settings:
Accuracy (User 5, CPU 90) At 5 QB's can still make all the throws but you will see the difference between usering elite QB's and average ones. With a higher setting, average players are too consistent. With CPU accuracy at 90 you will see big differences in the QB accuracy in different games. I have seen completion percentages vary from 55% all the way to 95%. Pressure on the QB is the most important factor in forcing mistake from the CPU.

Pass blocking (User 15, CPU 85) With CPU blocking at 85, you will still get sacks with your elite pass rushers but statistics should be realistic. With user blocking at 15, passing is challenging as the CPU will get off blocks consistently giving you less time in the pocket.

Catching (User 20, CPU 80) Feedback on this forum has reported far too many drops for CPU wide receivers on default and most slider settings. You need to force CPU drops on these settings! At 20 there is a great balance for user catching. Catch and CIT ratings really matter with these settings and you will see the difference between players.

Run blocking (User 0, CPU 75) You can still get it done on the ground with the user slider on 0. However, you will have to work for your yards and statistics should stay realistic.

Fumbles (User 20, CPU 80) Good balance here. Again, feedback on the forum suggests too many CPU fumbles on default settings. At 80 you still get some reward for using the hit stick but the CPU does not cough it up every other drive.

Reaction time/Pass coverage/Int's - when set at 20 for the user, you will have to work hard in coverage to control the CPU. You will still get picks but you should not be getting video game numbers every game. With my CPU setting, you really need to be careful with your throws and you need to be good with the stick. If you throw into tight coverage you will be picked off almost all of the time. If you read the defence pre and post snap and go through your progressions you will be fine. Stare down your receiver and throw into coverage on these settings and you will be toast.

Tackling - nice balance on 20 for the user. Realistic gameplay and you will see some missed tackles on powerful backs. Tackling needs to be at 100 for the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Steelcitycobra's elite player sliders

I'll give it a try but I have noticed that on low user pass block settings your line will a lot of times not pick up the blitz even with guys who have pretty high 80s awareness and block ratings.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalief24
I'll give it a try but I have noticed that on low user pass block settings your line will a lot of times not pick up the blitz even with guys who have pretty high 80s awareness and block ratings.
These clearly aren't geared for any player ratings to matter at all......
Old 01-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
These clearly aren't geared for any player ratings to matter at all......
On default and easier settings, average players are capable of playing like Hall of Famers. WR's with low CIT ratings will catch everything, OLB's will break sack records by ridiculous amounts etc etc.

Ratings matter on tougher setting. Not so when you can run all over the CPU! Will welcome any feedback from people who have actually tried the settings.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalief24
That's a fair point. I've seen some slider settings with user block as low as 0. I have mine on 15 and it certainly doesn't give much time in the pocket. However, I don't seem to get sacked much unless i'm up against an elite pass rusher. I'll definitely keep an eye on blitz pick up and do some further testing on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Also my linebackers don't react to run plays nearly as quick as they should or would in real life. So ill toy around with the reaction time slider a bit. But the run block at 0 is great. Adrian Peterson will shred defenses while lesser backs struggle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »