Rating matter sliders? - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Rating matter sliders?

This is a discussion on Rating matter sliders? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-09-2014, 12:49 AM   #17
Banned

Emporia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Rating matter sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txturfcare.com
I fully understand people complaints about the game, I was the same way when I first sat down and played it out of the box. But after one month of constant adjustments, I feel I got the game playing extremely well for me.

My own experience has been great with PS4 Next Gen Madden by far the most challenging MADDEN YET!!!! Once you get the right slider sets. I do agree in default mode some issues with the game, like too many INT in fast, normal and slow speeds. I did notice on VERY SLOW on default donít throw as many INTíS.

I have been adjusting sliders since Madden 12 and have been playing game since 92. I enjoy the sliders and the various RESULTS you get from changing them. I would not enjoy THE GAME IF IT WAS STANDARD GENERIC ROOKIE, PRO, ALL PRO, and ALL MADDEN.

This way everyone can find the right fit for your style of playing. The adjust will always be need for various levels of talent with the stick and or certain parts of the game you might be better at than other parts of the game. You might have the wrong scheme players for your style a lot goes into making it just right, that is what makes it so awesome.

With my current sliders I have experience games down to the wire to getting blown out by the CPU.

I play on All Madden, Slow, and threshold currently 6; have used 25, 15, 10, and 8. Having the right penalty sets with right threshold and correct human sliders vs. CPU sliders is the key element and this creates a great game. I do believe disparity between sliders also comes into affect & in some areas a huge disparity is needed; where as other sliders need to be same or close.

Below are some of my scores from Madden 25 Franchise Offline CCM.

Wins

20-16
30-27 comeback win was down 24 pts in 4 QRT.
38-35
20-10
41-38
26-3

Loss

42-6 at the Hawks next could not do anything
42-3
40-7
35-27
29-17
28-14
Agreed; a lot is personal preference. I have it to where it's playable and fun, but still should not have to be this hard. I like your point about the disparity of the sliders, and I think that's been the hardest part which is fully on EA. When you see slider sets popping up where tackle adjustments affect FG power, it's scary that EA has somehow missed this. But it is what it is and too each it's own. My basic tweaks have got me running to your similar scores. Just a matter of what works for the user. I think the biggest problem for everyone is the defaults should be pretty damn close to a normal / sim level and if not, the slider disparity should not be so insanely off. But again, is what it is.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #18
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emporia
And you're the only idiot that came in with a stupid question...why did you buy it? The two other guys get it; hence, their responses were "part of the thread". But again, thanks....you're amazing. I am done with this circus act with you though so I'll continue with my amazing contributions and you continue contributing your excellence!

Lol name calling already nice

It's a simple question why did you buy it knowing there was not going to be any major improvements from the previous games you saw it in the trailers and leaked gameplay...everybody knew that yet they buy it and complain i just don't see the point in that if im frustrated with a game then i will just move on to something else not worth wasting time on it complaining when there is a lot of people out there enjoying the game that don't care about that " sim " experience you might.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Lol name calling already nice

It's a simple question why did you buy it knowing there was not going to be any major improvements from the previous games you saw it in the trailers and leaked gameplay...everybody knew that yet they buy it and complain i just don't see the point in that if im frustrated with a game then i will just move on to something else not worth wasting time on it complaining when there is a lot of people out there enjoying the game that don't care about that " sim " experience you might.
Let me see if i can explain this using something else as an example. I lived in Chicago(except for the years i was in the Military) all my life. Great freakin pizza in that city. Two years ago i move down to Venice, Florida. Absolute crap pizza down here. But im a pizza lover( just like i love to play pro football video games). So of course i order a pizza now and then, already knowing it will be subpar. The only other alternantive i have is to never eat pizza again, because this where i will live til i go take the dirt nap. Let me find a place that serves great pizza, and i will never again order from the other places. Now give me another Pro Football game, thats a great game,ie 2k5, and i will never purchase Madden again. So for now, the only option i have to get my video game pro football fix, is to buy Madden. I just cant understand, after 25 YEARS, Madden still suffers from the same glaring problems, and a host of new ones. Just think about one thing that you absolutely do not want to give up, so much, that youd settle for much less than stellar, just to be able to keep doing it. Maybe now ou can see my point!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #20
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Rating matter sliders?

I'm sorry but madden 25 is not as bad as some of u are bringing it out to be.. U really need to chill this game came a long way from the last few years.. It's the first year of next gen... U remember the first year of 360 ps3?? This is a ton better.

2k would be nice to have for competition but I'm sure as **** they would have glaring problems too look at nba.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #21
On Deck

DaReal Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
I'm sorry but madden 25 is not as bad as some of u are bringing it out to be.. U really need to chill this game came a long way from the last few years.. It's the first year of next gen... U remember the first year of 360 ps3?? This is a ton better.

2k would be nice to have for competition but I'm sure as **** they would have glaring problems too look at nba.
Is Madden a great game? No. Is madden a bad game. No? Madden is a good game. There is no excuse for madden having the same bugs and problems that have been hampering this game for the past five years example sliders being a mess. 2K might be having there problems with this version, but never in yrs prior. Madden has known of these glaring issues yr after yr, but no fix what the deal with that. NBA 2k is amazing visually, the players, the crowd, the atmosphere that madden can't hold a candle to, and u can tell the hard work they put into the game with EA not so much with Madden. IMO with madden they have a good game but just continue to give a sloppy and lazy effort on all the things that should and could make this game amazing. After 25 years of making this product how is this game not light yrs ahead of what it is now. Honestly I want Madden to be great, I think we as loyal customers deserve that much, but I will be done with there product if someone else comes along and makes a football game. Comparing 2K to EA is like apples to oranges.

Last edited by DaReal Milticket; 01-09-2014 at 10:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 11:00 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
Is Madden a great game? No. Is madden a bad game. No? Madden is a good game. There is no excuse for madden having the same bugs and problems that have been hampering this game for the past five years example sliders being a mess. 2K might be having there problems with this version, but never in yrs prior. Madden has known of these glaring issues yr after yr, but no fix what the deal with that. NBA 2k is amazing visually, the players, the crowd, the atmosphere that madden can't hold a candle to, and u can tell the hard work they put into the game with EA not so much with Madden. IMO with madden they have a good game but just continue to give a sloppy and lazy effort on all the things that should and could make this game amazing. After 25 years of making this product how is this game not light yrs ahead of what it is now. Honestly I want Madden to be great, I think we as loyal customers deserve that much, but I will be done with there product if someone else comes along and makes a football game. Comparing 2K to EA is like apples to oranges.
Yes, Next Gen Madden is a great game and is getting better every year. I just don't understand why such a high focus on what is wrong? There are so many things about the game that are 100% better from the PS3 version this year!

I will name one in offline CCM you can't run up the middle freely as you could in PS3 version once you have the sliders right.

Can't wait for the next Madden this fall on PS4!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by txturfcare.com
Yes, Next Gen Madden is a great game and is getting better every year. I just don't understand why such a high focus on what is wrong? There are so many things about the game that are 100% better from the PS3 version this year!

I will name one in offline CCM you can't run up the middle freely as you could in PS3 version once you have the sliders right.

Can't wait for the next Madden this fall on PS4!
EA did not deliver the game that they advertised. Just look at the advertisement videos of this game, compared to what they actually put out. Its not even close. And the same BS within the game itself. Wind direction still wrong, No way to block FG's and Punts. Tackle slider affecting FG pwr for the Cpu. Cpu kickoffs sailing out of the stadium in Play Now mode. Shall I go on? Because i can list another 25 to 30 issues, some old and some new.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #24
Rookie

David129's Arena

OVR: 4

Heat Seeker,Ball Hawk,& Switch Assist On or Off.Does it matter when it comes to Rating or Game Play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »