OhMrHanky's All-Pro Sliders with Penalties Tweaked meant for Offline CFM vs. CPU - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

OhMrHanky's All-Pro Sliders with Penalties Tweaked meant for Offline CFM vs. CPU

This is a discussion on OhMrHanky's All-Pro Sliders with Penalties Tweaked meant for Offline CFM vs. CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-14-2014, 12:17 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: OhMrHanky's All-Pro Sliders with Penalties Tweaked meant for Offline CFM vs. CPU

I have had ball hawk shut off.

Should I turn the ball hawk option on ?

Does ball hawk help the user and cpu wide receivers to make realistic attempts to catch Deep passes ? And does this help DB's on long passes also ?

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #18
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Re: OhMrHanky's All-Pro Sliders with Penalties Tweaked meant for Offline CFM vs. CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
I have had ball hawk shut off.

Should I turn the ball hawk option on ?

Does ball hawk help the user and cpu wide receivers to make realistic attempts to catch Deep passes ? And does this help DB's on long passes also ?

Thanks.

Yeah, definitely. It's an interesting addition to the game, IMO. It's not as easy as it would seem, either. And, don't just switch to WR or DB and immediately press and hold Y or triangle. U want to switch to your player, then adjust where he's heading, then press and hold Y when u think he has the better path to the ball. It takes a little getting used to. But, when u do it right, u will see WRs make leaping catches and DBs make nice INTs. U should definitely give it a try, IMO. It really makes the WR/DB play more interesting, IMO, and this is actually one of the better things madden has added in recent years. This gives u more precise control over your player at the ball. When pressing the y button, it's like your saying, 'right now, look at the ball and play the ball.' If u do it too early, you'll miss. Too late, and the CPU will get the ball. Just right, and you'll at least make a solid attempt at the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2014, 01:33 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, definitely. It's an interesting addition to the game, IMO. It's not as easy as it would seem, either. And, don't just switch to WR or DB and immediately press and hold Y or triangle. U want to switch to your player, then adjust where he's heading, then press and hold Y when u think he has the better path to the ball. It takes a little getting used to. But, when u do it right, u will see WRs make leaping catches and DBs make nice INTs. U should definitely give it a try, IMO. It really makes the WR/DB play more interesting, IMO, and this is actually one of the better things madden has added in recent years. This gives u more precise control over your player at the ball. When pressing the y button, it's like your saying, 'right now, look at the ball and play the ball.' If u do it too early, you'll miss. Too late, and the CPU will get the ball. Just right, and you'll at least make a solid attempt at the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Do you suggest I go into practice mode and throw deep balls to practice ?

I have Pass blocking set to 100. I find that OL will continue to fight the DE's instead of giving up once they are beat.

Also, I have a roster file with players current as of 12/4/13 in which I have corrected:

Consistency

Confidence

HB Strength and Trucking Ratings.

Check my PSN:

HopiDesertPriest

currently done thru Atl.

Hope you try em' MrHanky !!!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:44 AM   #20
Rookie

Gamzilla's Arena

OVR: 3

Will it mess things up if I Play with heat seeker on? Auto-Strafe? Just interested to know why you choose to play with them off instead of on.

Looking forward to trying these!

Last edited by Gamzilla; 01-15-2014 at 09:48 AM. Reason: add to post
Old 01-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #21
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamzilla
Will it mess things up if I Play with heat seeker on? Auto-Strafe? Just interested to know why you choose to play with them off instead of on.

Looking forward to trying these!
From experience in CG (360), I found that heat seeker on often provided some strange wtf animations from defenders where they would open their arms to wrap tackle somebody, and then they would just let them go by, so for me personally, this did NOT work out well. I am not positive in NG, but I personally didn't find much use out of the heat seeker when I did try it out, so for me, it's out. Feel free to try it out and let me know if it works/doesn't work/pulls out strange animations.
Auto-strafe is off because I don't like the cpu doing that for me and feel that they do it too long putting me out of position, so this is something I want to be in control of and enjoy being in control of. Once again, you can probably get by with it on. I don't believe it will make the sliders play much differently, if at all, but I feel it takes away some control to the user, so i don't like it. Totally a personal preference on that one.

Try em both out if you've been using them before, and let me know how it plays out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #22
Rookie

guitarchitect7's Arena

OVR: 4

These look pretty good at first glance...close to what I currently use so I'll give these a go. Curious to see how rushing, pass coverage and pass rush work out.....three ares that have been a struggle to get consistency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
MLB: Chicago Cubs
NCAA: Iowa State Cyclones

Old 01-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #23
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6

I have tried everyone else's slider sets. Your's by far complement the PS4 just right and the way Madden plays a little different on Next Gen!! Had the best and most realistic experience yet with yours and an enjoying this game even more now. Thank you!!!
Old 01-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #24
Rookie

guitarchitect7's Arena

OVR: 4

Played with these settings last night. Made a few slight tweaks on a few settings that played well with my gameplay. Still trying out, but I would say these provided a very good game. There were big plays for both teams, good stops, good scoring, good stats, all the while enjoying the game.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
NCAA: Iowa State Cyclones

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »