Home

Out of the box Default question

This is a discussion on Out of the box Default question within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Out of the box Default question

Has it been determined if the player attributes are true to life, with the Out of the box default settings? Im sick and tired of tweaking sliders, and looking for slider sets. I just want to play the game with players attributes that are what they are suppose to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Out of the box Default question

My guess would be "Pro" or "Rookie" would be the closet, if there is a such thing as close to actual settings....

Just played 1 default All-Pro game, and in the middle of my second and there is no way that "All-Pro" represents unmodified ratings....

I am playing as the Panthers against the Buccs. CB D. Revis just "hit sticked" my TE G. Olson and injured him...SMH...Revis is not a hard hitter; now the Buccs safety Goldson is a big hitter; 2 different players, yet on default All-Pro, you wouldn't know teh difference...The CPU reaction time is blazing...

Another annoying issue - EA won't let us see how the attributes are effected by sliders, but I assume they can but either they refuse to, or they have no clue what sliders do....

As I stated above, TE G. Olson was injured - and when I look him up on the in game depth chart, it shows his ratings, PLUS, the negative effects due to the injury, which are :: (bruised knee) (injury length: 1 quarter)

Speed 81(-5)
Agility 77(-7)
Acceleration 78(-7)
Jump 75(-14)
Tackle 36(-4) (defense?)
Power Moves 18(-2) (thought that was used for defense only?)

Olsen's stamina is 87 and injury is 88.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
Banned

ive considered playing on Pro, but thought it might be too easy. I just want the freakin players to play according to their real life attributes. I guess thats asking for too much from EA!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I think EA/Tiburon first needs to properly apply/calculate and realistically process data; in this case the player attributes; and then properly represent it on the field and between the acting characters(players).

Essentially EA/Tiburon needs a new engine; a physics engine, from the ground up or purchase an engine from a company that knows how to build engines..There are a number of high quality engines available...One such engine was actually able to replicate a puddle of water evaporating...amazing stuff, but Madden is junk - scripted junk....
Old 01-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I think EA/Tiburon first needs to properly apply/calculate and realistically process data; in this case the player attributes; and then properly represent it on the field and between the acting characters(players).

Essentially EA/Tiburon needs a new engine; a physics engine, from the ground up or purchase an engine from a company that knows how to build engines..There are a number of high quality engines available...One such engine was actually able to replicate a puddle of water evaporating...amazing stuff, but Madden is junk - scripted junk....
Well i'll tell you this, i will be 64 yrs old by the time the next generation of consoles come out. Ive bought Madden every year since it first came out. This is definitely my last purchase of a next generation game console, so im hoping sometime within the next 8 years, EA gets this game right. Waiting for Madden to finally be a winner is almost as bad as waiting for my CUBS to win a World Series. Pissing me off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I am not much of a Baseball fan, but even I hope the Cubs win a World Series...
Old 01-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #7
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

From my playing/testing AP is pretty close. I think it gives the CPU the advantage for sure. I assume PRO and Rookie would give the user side an advantage. Even would be somewhere in between Pro and AP. Maybe try AP and put all the CPU sliders at 25. That might make it even?
Old 01-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #8
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
From my playing/testing AP is pretty close. I think it gives the CPU the advantage for sure. I assume PRO and Rookie would give the user side an advantage. Even would be somewhere in between Pro and AP. Maybe try AP and put all the CPU sliders at 25. That might make it even?
I will definitely give it a try....Also thinking of putting all sliders at 50 and playing under "All-Pro."

Also thinking of playing with the "Reaction Time." The problem comes when reaction time happens to be interconnected with some other slider and then you have to chase down more changes to balance out the one slider change...smh...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »