Home

Interception slider

This is a discussion on Interception slider within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
Pro

NBA Bound25's Arena

OVR: 9
Interception slider

Does the pass coverage slider dictate interceptions for both the CPU and user or just the CPU only? Heard the interception slider itself is broken and doesn't work properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Interception slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA Bound25
Does the pass coverage slider dictate interceptions for both the CPU and user or just the CPU only? Heard the interception slider itself is broken and doesn't work properly.

Pass coverage has a lot to do with interceptions yes.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
Pro

NBA Bound25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Pass coverage has a lot to do with interceptions yes.
Okay that's what I thought. I'm starting to think the interception slider is used for how aggressive players are when they are going for interceptions when a user is not controlling the player or the CPU itself. Not really sure though, just a thought.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #4
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Okay that's what I thought. I'm starting to think the interception slider is used for how aggressive players are when they are going for interceptions when a user is not controlling the player or the CPU itself. Not really sure though, just a thought.

On CG, the pass coverage slider was completely broken, IMO, and therefore, int was where u had to adjust things. In NG, pass coverage slider is extremely responsive and has more to do with getting INTs than the int slider itself. The way I see it is the pass cover slider controls where the players are on the field in relation to other players. So, higher coverage means that d players will be closer to o players and will be in position to int more. The int slider sort of controls whether or not they actually make the int and/or go for the int or simply butterfingers drop it. If your coverage is too good and the d is always in position, they will intercept regardless of the int slider. But, if you've got coverage low or just about right, tweaking the int slider can make the difference between seeing 5 picks a game or 1. So, IMO, you start by tweaking the coverage slider, then fine tune it a little bit with the int sliders. I've found for me, coverage at 60-63 goes from decent to hard real quick with int around 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #5
Pro

NBA Bound25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
On CG, the pass coverage slider was completely broken, IMO, and therefore, int was where u had to adjust things. In NG, pass coverage slider is extremely responsive and has more to do with getting INTs than the int slider itself. The way I see it is the pass cover slider controls where the players are on the field in relation to other players. So, higher coverage means that d players will be closer to o players and will be in position to int more. The int slider sort of controls whether or not they actually make the int and/or go for the int or simply butterfingers drop it. If your coverage is too good and the d is always in position, they will intercept regardless of the int slider. But, if you've got coverage low or just about right, tweaking the int slider can make the difference between seeing 5 picks a game or 1. So, IMO, you start by tweaking the coverage slider, then fine tune it a little bit with the int sliders. I've found for me, coverage at 60-63 goes from decent to hard real quick with int around 45.

Its crazy how much the pass coverage controls a lot of things. It's actually how often interceptions are caught and I think the user pass coverage (high) dictates how much the CPU holds onto the ball which results in taking sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #6
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Its crazy how much the pass coverage controls a lot of things. It's actually how often interceptions are caught and I think the user pass coverage (high) dictates how much the CPU holds onto the ball which results in taking sacks.
Ya it sure does. I'm testing right now with my all madden sliders and I have pass reaction at 100 and coverage at 10 and see a lot of really nice swats and hardly no int, really liking it. I believe the holding penalty slider dictates the cpu play calling. With it under 50 makes them hardly ever run and over high 50s makes them pass and pass, with it around 53, 54 seems to balance them out more,needs more testing though.

Playing:
Old 01-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #7
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Interception slider

Quote:

Yeah, I found a strange mix of hum cov, CPU QB ACC, CPU pass Blk in CG that allowed for a really nice timing window for the QB to throw. I was only getting 2-3 sacks a game. Similarly, in NG, I think u have to find that same combo. And, it's not so much whether or not the coverage is legitimately there or that the pass blocking is actually excellent, it does feel like some of thes sliders just dictate when the QB throws or how long he holds onto it. Hum pass cov definitely affects this, but I believe CPU pass Blk does as well, so hopefully u can find the balance.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #8
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Here is how I have read the Interception and Pass Cover Slider to work:

The interception increases interception rate in relation to the pass cover slider.

The Pass cover slider determines how aware the DB/LB is to where the ball is - ie, the player's ability to look back for the ball...At a Pass Cover rating of 100 a defender will look back and/or be aware of the ball 100% of the time...The further you lower the pass cover slider the less often a defender will locate the ball once it is thrown. Also, the lower the Pass Cover, the less likely the defender will have the psychic ability on the ball, therefore you can throw the ball when the defender has his back to the QB and increase your chances of completing the pass....The Pass Cover does not effect the quality of pass coverage....If you want responsive defenders, LBs and DBs, then the reaction time slider should be raised - this may also effect how quickly LBs and DBs respond to teh run too.

So theory is - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ts-resuls.html

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 01-14-2014 at 11:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »