Slider affects on other sliders - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Slider affects on other sliders

This is a discussion on Slider affects on other sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #17
Rookie

RefMixture's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Slider affects on other sliders

So what is the consensus with the Intentional Grounding slider? Does high or low cause the QB to get rid of the ball faster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2014, 05:37 AM   #18
Banned

Gotta chime in here. INT Grounding lower setting makes QB get rid of the ball quicker. 100% KBLover is wrong in that. There are certain sliders that affect animations and certain sliders that affect CPU A.I. Facemask effects animations. Too low it disappears. Too high it gets called non stop. Pass Interference effects A.I. that's why everyone has it so low. CPU says "Hey the ref won't call it I can do whatever I want." I do agree with Hanky about the difference in the two being the biggest factor but I can't agree that being higher compared to lower is better. As Britt mentioned, he raised Holding up sky high and saw 30 penalties. I did the same and had DPI/OPI 10/25 and got 2 Defensive Interference penalties in one game (without usering the DB and doing it myself). This IMO disproves the "high setting=animation activation" theory for at least that set. Hold/FS/OFF effect both I think. You'll see sets with really really low HOLD/FS and super high OFF. to help out DLine, yet you still get a bunch of pancake blocks and it's still easy to run the ball. I think Britt's got something with the higher LINE penalties. They make both sides passive (less pancakes and less sacks {I've still yet to hear of anyone playing a game without a sack}) and it seems to induce more penalties in general.
I also noticed PCI/RTK somehow affects CBs jumping routes. Very high and you get them jumping under curl/comeback routes so you can just throw behind them and be off to the races.

Sorry I'm rambling, back to Int Grounding. At a higher setting the only QBs that really get the ball off are the Mobile ones. Obviously it's dependent on what the Speed Threshold is but this is what happens to non mobile QBs.
-Int Grounding @ 60+ (just a guess, I feel like 10-15 pts above or below 50 is really all you need in this game. The computer will recognize it being one way or the other better)
Peyton Manning drops back against Seahawks D. Pocket collapses and the INTG. slider KICKS IN. This is when I realized a high setting is NOT the way to go. At a high setting the QB will sense the pressure earlier, KBLover was definitely right about that. I think KB was the one that said it was the QB Panic Slider too but I can't remember. That's EXACTLY what it is. QB senses pressure early, panic mode enabled, what does QB do in panic mode? Throw the ball away. BUT HE CAN'T because Int Grounding will be called on him (in CPU's mind at least) At high settings, panic mode = "I have to get out of the pocket so I can throw this ball [email protected]!" and it kicks in too soon which causes CPU to scramble right into Sacks.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:41 AM   #19
Banned

Just humor me on this one, try setting it to 35-45 for a game or 2. See what you think. Don't go wild with it, I really think the computer starts freaking out around 20. I used to have mine really low like in single digits. I noticed all my sideline cuts scenes weren't on the sideline, they were in the middle of the field. Like the sideline fan was literally at mid-field. I could see my team that was on the field in the background as well. And the physics were going buck wild. Dudes legs were going around like helicopter blades. Hit it back to default and everything went back to normal.

Check out the BREAKING MADDEN series. This dude creates some really funny scenarios where he turns off penalties or creates crazy QBs with 99 TWP but 0 ACC to mess with the CPU A.I. In his last post he succeeded. He broke Madden lol. http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/30/53...oncos-seahawks

Last edited by ich2233; 02-22-2014 at 05:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #20
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefMixture
So what is the consensus with the Intentional Grounding slider? Does high or low cause the QB to get rid of the ball faster?

I def think it's higher. But, I think most people think it's lower. The QB getting rid of the ball is such a strange mix of sliders. I think all of these affect it - QB ACC, hum pass cov, CPU pass Blk, CPU WR catch, and IG. And, it's very likely that there's a strange connection between QB ACC and IG. Maybe, at low QB ACC (<10), a low IG works. Maybe, at a higher QB ACC (>30), a high IG works. This slider def does not seem black and white, anyways.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #21
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I really struggle to believe madden could've programmed players to 'know' that penalties are being called more often, so 'better watch out and don't do it.' I appreciate that idea, and I've heard a lot of people say similar, I just cannot believe that. As a game, as a video game, as a computer program, I really think it is a simple matter of being coded into the game as 'the higher the penalty slider, the more often it happens.' Therefore, the more often u 'should' see it happen. The tough thing here is that so many other sliders really seem to dictate CPU pocket presence, and let's face it, ALL of the sliders are BROKEN!!! Lol. Btw, at def/off PI 72/71 and WR catch 61 (both), I see fabulous WR/DB interactions. Plenty of swats, nice breaks on the ball, pass cov at 62 as well. But, just an FYI as these are 2-3 sliders that I am in huge disagreement with in the madden slider community. Lol.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #22
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

U know what's actually interesting, too, and maybe I'm imagining this, although I also saw it in CG for a second when playing with the ig slider? The higher the setting, the lower the pass trajectory and more bullet throws are made. I've got it at 72 right now and I just realized how much lower the trajectories seem on most passes. This gives that feeling of the QB releasing the ball faster and is kind of nice as I hate the dreaded 'I pressed the throw button a half hour ago, and it took him too long to release the ball so he took a sack! Should've been a TD!!!' Lol.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #23
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Thinking more about this. Damn, I think about sliders too much!! But, here's what I can see happening, and Peyton is a great example. IG set high, and QBs with high awareness 'know' the penalty exists, and so they don't throw the ball away, but maybe QBs with low awareness do throw it away no matter what. Anyways, just had that thought that awareness could definitely play into 'knowing' a penalty might be called and subsequently holding onto the ball instead of throwing it away risking the penalty being called. I would think there would be a nice medium spot for this, though, and my guess is 63-68 somewhere.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #24
Banned

I hear ya, they're definitely broken. But honestly I believe Madden is pretty sophisticated. When it really comes down to it, the Sim game that everyone on here is looking for is probably not technologically feasible right now. For a video game anyway. We come up with all these simple ideas of how to fix this or how this should happen and what not but what we really want/NEED is for the computer to think for itself, to learn. If EA was able to develop Artificial Intelligence that could recreate the sheer genius of an NFL Quarterback, well they would never make another video game again. They'd be making cyborgs for every Army in the world and making Trillions.

It's the hundreds of thousands of scenarios, everyone completely different from the last, that present themselves during the course of a Football game that makes the CPU "stupid". There just isn't enough time in a year to write algorithms and commands for every single one of them. Not to mention determining how much power to put into which attributes, or percentages of times said attribute is successful.

Just do me a favor and try lowered Int G for me! Just for a game...even though a real sample size would be a season lol. I'm just really confident that it will work. If not, then at least I can say I'm hallucinating and it's time to take a break from Madden lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »