Home

Slider affects on other sliders

This is a discussion on Slider affects on other sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Slider affects on other sliders

Your playing these games right? Not simming them? Simming through games isn't going to work.

What's your fatigue. If it's high enough you'll see it starts to kick in during the 2nd half. You might get 3 in the first but 0 in the second.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #34
Rookie

RefMixture's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ich2233
I played a few games with OFF @ 70, HOLD/FS @ 90. Got 0 pressure with the Dallas D-Line. (Ware 96, Hatcher 93, Spencer 89) try it out.
What is your CPU Pass Blocking Slider set at?
What is the length of the quarters?
Don't you see too many holding calls?

Last edited by RefMixture; 02-22-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #35
Rookie

Ok one thing I did do to help the sack situation is I'm calling less BLITZES on defense and I have seen a drop in the sack totals. I will only blitz if all 3 plays are a blitz play on the screen or if its 3rd down and long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefMixture
What is your CPU Pass Blocking Slider set at?
What is the length of the quarters?
Don't you see too many holding calls?
CPU pass blocking at 5, don't worry about this slider it's not going to help. TRUST ME. I wasted this entire Fall trying to get rid of sacks.

15 minutes, 16 run off.

I get 5ish penalties per game between both teams. Most I've had was like 12 btw the 2. Holding like 1-2 times a game but honestly I don't care what penalty is called as long as penalties are getting called. Don't get picky with a realistic frequency of certain penalties. It doesn't work like that.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #37
Rookie

Just an observation I have. The team I control is the Jets (man i suffer) and there 1st game is vs TB on the schedule. I use CHARTERS ALL MADDEN sliders. I think the slider sets that we all plug in do effect the stats and gameplay but also each game is different. I think play calling has a huge part of the stats. I was complaining that there was to many sacks. I was calling a lot of blitz plays. Since I've cut down on the blitz plays and at halftime of Jets vs TB they have 1 sack I have 1 as well. Also I've noticed that I had played a half of Jets-TB and Glennon's pass completion % in the 1st half was over 80%. I exited out of that game and ran the same sliders and started another game and right now at half Glennon's completion % is only 35.2%. Also TB is calling more run plays then in the game previous. So I think even though the sliders effect stuff also the play calling and just the game your in make things different. Just an observation I call me crazy if you want lol
Old 02-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #38
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjfan4lfe
Just an observation I have. The team I control is the Jets (man i suffer) and there 1st game is vs TB on the schedule. I use CHARTERS ALL MADDEN sliders. I think the slider sets that we all plug in do effect the stats and gameplay but also each game is different. I think play calling has a huge part of the stats. I was complaining that there was to many sacks. I was calling a lot of blitz plays. Since I've cut down on the blitz plays and at halftime of Jets vs TB they have 1 sack I have 1 as well. Also I've noticed that I had played a half of Jets-TB and Glennon's pass completion % in the 1st half was over 80%. I exited out of that game and ran the same sliders and started another game and right now at half Glennon's completion % is only 35.2%. Also TB is calling more run plays then in the game previous. So I think even though the sliders effect stuff also the play calling and just the game your in make things different. Just an observation I call me crazy if you want lol
I don't like the idea of artificially limiting your blitzes just to help the CPU out by not constantly sacking them. However, if you give the CPU big play ability to beat you deep or on the ground, then you will have to be a lot more selective about when to blitz. For example, I'm playing against the Panthers right now and Cam Newton just scored on an 80 yard scramble. I'll be thinking twice about blitzing for the rest of the game.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #39
Rookie

RefMixture's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ich2233
CPU pass blocking at 5, don't worry about this slider it's not going to help. TRUST ME. I wasted this entire Fall trying to get rid of sacks.

15 minutes, 16 run off.

I get 5ish penalties per game between both teams. Most I've had was like 12 btw the 2. Holding like 1-2 times a game but honestly I don't care what penalty is called as long as penalties are getting called. Don't get picky with a realistic frequency of certain penalties. It doesn't work like that.
I played two games with your recommended slider adjustments. They have potential. Not sure how you only get 5ish penalties, I had 12 just against my team, which is fine. The sacks are down slightly, as long as I don't blitz. I will see how they look after 4 games. I feel 4 games played is minimum to get any kind of statistical sample.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #40
Banned

Dang man you had 12? All holding I assume? Who are you playing with? I honestly feel like some teams have better Defenses/Offenses in terms of awareness. Therefore not making as many penalties. IDK though lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »