Home

Slider affects on other sliders

This is a discussion on Slider affects on other sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #41
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Slider affects on other sliders

I really wish EA?Tiburon would produce a manual explaining the sliders, HUM, CPU and Penalty; along with detailed descriptions, mathematical formulas, whatever, showing what they all do, how they interact and anything else they can tell us about the sliders. Raection Time

I have done tests, for example, that show, at least for the Human sliders, that:

Pass Reaction = the lower the slider the quicker the reaction of the defender(s) as the point the ball is passed, but does that also include when the ball is handed off? So, with a Hum "Reaction" Slider, it appears your pass defender, in this case, reacts as fast as they can without delay, in regards to their ratings...But as the Pass reaction slider is increased it appears to add a delay time before the defender will react.. so it seems to follow as:

Reaction Time: (RT)

(RT) 0 = 0.0 sec. delay for ratings to determine reaction to the ball...
(RT) 25 = 0.1 sec. delay
(RT) 50 = 0.2 sec. delay
(RT) 75 = 0.3 sec delay
(RT) 100 = 0.4 sec. delay

I am not stating these are the exact delay times; merely using them as an example to show a progression in delay time to react to ball the higher the rating in (RT) is.

But without EA/Tiburon input to the exact details, it is all debatable...

(NOte = in the test, I use the Oakland Raiders and pump all their ratings to 99 across the board on offense and defense so there is nothing but slider influence involved; or at least in theory there is only slider influence involved.

Another example with "Pass Coverage(PC)," it appears that the higher the rating on the Human sliders, the more often the DB or LB will look back for the ball; thus be more ball aware....So a defender with a (PC) rating of 100 will always know where the ball is, to the maximum rating he has in the corresponding player rating level, whatever rating(s) they are allowing the (PC) to affect which is very unclear....

A defender with a (PC) of 0, seems to generally be unaware for most of the time...You want to get passes over the top of a defender on long bombs - have the CPU (PC) rating to zero and their Reaction Time to zero - it is all day...

Then, there is CPU sliders for passing....so somehow WR catch above or below 50 messes up other sliders? I have found that, for human WR catch, the higher teh rating, the better separation on routes they will get....

Pass Blk slider seems to effect pass completion percentage by lowering the time the QB has in the pocket, but then Pass Accuracy can help counter that...

Then penalty sliders may effect player play, depending on who you ask? and does defensive pass interference make the defender more aggressive or passibe depending on if the rating is set to 1 or 99? smh

CONCLUSION: A full Slider manual needs to be produced - that is accurate without fail...I would buy it as a separate guide even...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #42
Rookie

dk6663's Arena

OVR: 4

What the slider that affect but tackles ??
Old 07-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #43
Rookie

dk6663's Arena

OVR: 4

Please? Anybody know......
Old 08-06-2014, 12:39 AM   #44
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk6663
What the slider that affect but tackles ??

My best guess is the fumble slider. It work a little bit like a RBA slider. Try 50 and up and see if that helps
Old 08-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #45
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

the intentional grounding slider is kind of a misunderstood slider. What it really does is effect the quality of man vs zone coverage.

The reason everyone is seeing the cpu quarterback get rid of the ball more quickly at 1 or 0 is because at 1 or 0 zone coverage is at its weakest and the cpu recognizes holes in the coverage much more quickly. at 1 or 0 man coverage is at its best. The vast majority of the time no matter what defense your playing, zone coverage dominates the amount of playcalls.(especiialy by the cpu) So naturally you will see the cpu get rid of the ball more quickly if zone is called the majority of time.

The higher the IG slider is the weaker man coverage is (as far as reacting to the ball) and the stronger zone is. So obviously the cpu will be slowed in its decision making process as far as getting rid of the ball in zone coverage.

Personally I wish there were two different sliders for man vs zone coverage. I don't like having to choose between one or the other, because if I get one acceptable to me, than the other is left to strong, so there has to be a better way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #46
Just started!

OVR: 0

Will Madden 15 feature sliders that adjust to your gameplay? For example, as you get better in franchise mode.. will it get more difficult. Increase after you blow a team out and visa versa? Or is there an option to turn this feature on? Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »