Penalty slider debate. Higher=higher occurrences or player fear of getting called? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Penalty slider debate. Higher=higher occurrences or player fear of getting called?

This is a discussion on Penalty slider debate. Higher=higher occurrences or player fear of getting called? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Penalty slider debate. Higher=higher occurrences or player fear of getting called?

I've been messing around with all sliders for awhile and got particularly concerned with penalty sliders on CG as people started to notice they had an absolute effect on overall gameplay instead of just happening more often or being called more often. I've heard people debating whether raising a slider has the effect of having the penalty animation happen more OR it has the effect of being called more, so the AI players don't engage in the penalty and as such affecting the gameplay in different ways. My interest here deals with pass interference specifically. I've heard a lot of people say that when set high, u see less agressive play by players because they are 'worried' about being flagged. I am definitely in disagreement on this and see more aggressive play at higher settings and physical bumping into/jostling for position during a route. Everyone seems to be in agreement on holding. The higher the slider, the more often the animation happens, the more it gets called as well. This all makes sense, so I have to say that I would expect this to be the case across the board. That is, this is a video game, it is programmed a particular way, and I have to think that the penalties would work the same. So, for me, the higher the setting, the higher the number of occurrences/animations and ultimately, the more times the penalty will actually be called. This also absolutely happens with facemask. Set this penalty to 55, and u will see more facemask animations for tackles instead of hitstick tackles. Put this at 60, and not only will u see more animations, but u will see it called more frequently as well. So, I have to argue that higher PI settings equals more occurrences/animations leads to more aggressive play. What does everyone else think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Penalty slider debate. Higher=higher occurrences or player fear of getting called

Just a question how can you get the defense to called for more plenties

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-05-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Penalty slider debate. Higher=higher occurrences or player fear of getting called

I'm 99.99% confident that penalty sliders impact the number of times a certain animation or action is triggered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »