Home

OhMrHanky's All-Pro Sliders with Penalties Tweaked meant for Offline CFM vs. CPU

This is a discussion on OhMrHanky's All-Pro Sliders with Penalties Tweaked meant for Offline CFM vs. CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
OhMrHanky's All-Pro Sliders with Penalties Tweaked meant for Offline CFM vs. CPU

As the title suggests, these are set for All-Pro difficulty and are meant for Offline CFM vs. CPU. This is the ONLY way that I have played these, so I have no idea how they play in Play Now or User vs. User. I've been tweaking these for awhile and just had 3 great games in a row (1 close win vs. Panthers, 1 blowout loss to 49ers Defense, and come from behind loss to Packers with a game tying TD erased by a Holding penalty, and then a 4th and goal from the 11 stopped short by an INCH to end the game (looked just like the Titans losing the SB against the Rams)), so felt these are about right for me based on challenge and realism, but I may continue to tweak and update.
Here they are if you want to just put em in and give them a try. I'll explain how I play and what I see with these sliders on the bottom of this post.

hum/cpu
Qb Acc37/42
Pass Blk54/47
WR Catch59/59
Run Blk55/45
Fumbles20/20
Pass Rx50/50
Int45/46
Pass Cov61/63
Tackling64/65

Special Teams
FG Power55
FG Acc30
Punt Power50
Punt Acc50
Kickoff Power54

Penalties
Offside70
False Start70
Holding60
Face Mask57
Def PI72
Off PI71
Punt CI58
Clipping58
IG64
RP0
RK61

Injuries 50
Fatigue 50
Game speed normal
Min thresh 35
*important - min thresh lower than 35 and RBs will get the edge too easily, IMO, but 35 is low enough to allow for speedy WRs to get separation deep.

Some League Settings
Skill LevelAll-pro
PlayCallingConventional
Qtr Length15min
Acc ClockOn
Min Play Clock Time14sec
Game Speed Normal
AutoStrafeOff
Heat SeekerOff
Ball HawkOn
Switch AssistOff

Random Volume Settings
Commentary34
Stadium Speakers100
Crowd Volume95
On the Field95

A note on how to 'load' these. I have to admit, I've been messing with sliders and tweaking for a good 5-6 months now, and I seem to be the only who NEVER has to load them at the main screen and import them. I don't understand this convention, and all I can tell you is how I 'load' them. I start my CFM, I set the skill level to All-Pro. Then, I go into the CFM Settings, Sliders, and I alter all sliders from there. Back out of the menu and save my CFM. It's just that easy, and yes, the sliders will take. If you play a game, and the coverage is too tough, simply go into your CFM, Settings, Sliders, and lower pass coverage, then back out of the Settings menu, and play a game. It's just that easy, they will 'stick.' They have for me, anyways.

How I Play:
I have no 'House Rules', but thought I would note here how I play as this affects how the sliders play to a degree. I use Conventional Playcalling as I like to be in control of my offense and defense. For added challenge, if u enjoy using Gameflow, feel free, and I would imagine it would make the game slightly more challenging.

Offense:
I tend to play a balanced offense (more of a run to set up the pass than a high octane Offense). I only play with the Falcons, btw, just to give u an idea of the weapons I have. I hot route from time to time when I feel like it, but certainly don't do this on every passing play. Depending on the route, I may or may not control the WR. However, on DEEP balls (fly routes and posts mostly, I'd say), I ALWAYS control the WR and use Ball Hawk. This will allow for the WR to truly challenge the DB for the ball. If u don't control the WR on deeps, they may not challenge as much for the ball. I never use precision modifier as I can't stand that addition (this may lead to my NOT breaking many tackles, but this button mapping idea by EA this year really bothers me and is a nonsensical addition, imo).

Defense:
I play EVERYTHING! Feel free to play any position. I tend to play MLB more than any other position to control the center of the field and spy the RB or QB. I also play Safety to help the run or stop deep plays on 3rd and long. I also play DT or DE when I want pressure. So, really, as far as I'm concerned, these sliders don't give an advantage or disadvantage towards playing any particular defensive position, and when playing any position, if you play your position well, the D seems to play well, in general. The one slight negative is if u play MLB and cover the middle well, this may lead to coverage sacks. Not really sure any sliders can alleviate this, but in general, I like where and when the cpu QB is throwing the ball, and I'm normally getting around 5 or less sacks per game, and can't remember a game where I got 10, so I'm happy with sacks. As the play is going, sometimes I switch to tackle, sometimes I don't. Once again, no house rule on this as sometimes I think I can make a big stick or strip fumble attempt, and I want to be the man controlling that, not my cpu guys. But, if u choose not to switch, these should work fine for that as well. I rarely ball hawk on D. Once again, however, on deep balls, I normally will. With these sliders, I'm getting some Ints without it.

Gameplay I'm seeing:
Right now, on offense I'm seeing a good mix of pressure, coverage, and quality run stopping from the D forcing me to play smart. When I don't, I get picked, when I do, I can pass anywhere from 55-80% completion %. Keep in mind, Matt Ryan is one of the highest % passers in the league right now, so I'm definitely getting realistic stats. Against better defenses, I can throw 4-5 picks, but always feel they're my fault. Normally, I can throw 0-2 per game. The games I'm higher in comp % are games where I throw a lot of screens to RBs and WRs. I really like the challenge and realism I'm feeling from the cpu pass D right now. I am taking sacks, I am throwing picks from time to time, I am throwing TDs. Once again, I feel it's a challenge, but not impossible for sure. I am struggling to run some right now, but it's not impossible, so for challenge, I'm happy with it. As I said in the beginning, out of the last 3 games I played, I had a close win, a blowout loss, and a close loss, so I'm seeing variety right now, imo. As to the penalties, I am seeing holding a few times per game, false starts occasionally, offsides rarely, clipping once or twice per game and an occasional facemask. The one thing I'm not seeing is Broken Tackles. I see them occasionally, but it just isn't happening as much as I would like. However, lowering the tackle slider screws other things up such as the cpu fg kick power from what I've read. Also, if u lower tackling to 30 or less, u will be able to kill the edge on runs, so will the cpu, and gameplay will suffer. Even at 64-65, where I've got it, you will see broken tackles, but not many, and overall, tackling appears mostly realistic.

Tips on making harder/easier:
If you are throwing too many picks or cpu pass D is too tough, Lower cpu pass cov to 60-62. I wouldn't go much lower than this as it may become too easy. And/or, lower cpu Int to 40-45. If it's too easy, feel free to move cpu pass cov to 65+, and you will live in pick city. I know most people play with hum QB Acc at 10 or lower. For me, this wasn't necessary. I believe I have upped the cpu D enough to where passing is harder now. Between the pass rush, coverage, and int of the cpu D, you should 'feel' like a qb and have to make the right throw at the right time. If u don't, it will be broken up, intercepted, or you'll make a bad incomplete throw (based on the D, NOT on the QB ACC). QB ACC where it is will allow you to use Max passing, but shouldn't make it overpowering as, once again, I feel the D will be good enough that u won't be able to cheese this. If the overall gameplay is too easy, you can also try upping Min Threshold to 50+. I personally believe 35 is solid. I'm able to get edge runs and not get shoestring tackled by the DTs all game, however, because the D plays well enough, the DE or LB may stop me. At 30 or lower min threshold, you will be able to run outside all day, and so will the cpu, so for me, 35 is correct. And, at 35, I am finally seeing Julio Jones get separation deep for big plays which I believe is accurate.

Give em a shot, and I would appreciate any feedback/comments/gameplay concerns. I'm open to criticism, but feel pretty comfortable with these for myself. Hopefully, you can use these as a base, and make a few changes to make the game play better for you. Please, feel free to ask for suggestions as well, as I have been messing around with these sliders (360 and Xbox One) for long enough to get a feel for how you might want to tweak them to help your own personal experience depending on your gameplay style.

Thanks,

OhMrHanky

Last edited by OhMrHanky; 01-12-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: OhMrHanky's All-Pro Sliders with Penalties Tweaked meant for Offline CFM vs. CPU

Thanks for posting these solders. I'm eager to give them a try. I used your PS3 sliders and they seemed to fit me well. Thanks again for the sliders and rationale behind them.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Re: OhMrHanky's All-Pro Sliders with Penalties Tweaked meant for Offline CFM vs. CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Thanks for posting these solders. I'm eager to give them a try. I used your PS3 sliders and they seemed to fit me well. Thanks again for the sliders and rationale behind them.
yeah, man. Give em a try, and let me know what u see/like/don't like. I would say these play somewhat similar to my 360, but as this game plays a bit different next gen, it was a somewhat different ballpark to shoot for. Overall, I like the defense I'm generating right now, and it is challenging against good teams for sure. I have a feeling some might struggle to pass where I've got it, and it's a simple tweak of cpu Int and cpu pass cov down a couple points to make passing easier. A couple points up, and u will be throwing picks all day, so I think I've got passing right where i want it. And, the way I play D, the cpu qbs are throwing 50-70% completion and closer to 50-60% with the occasional WTF game of 80%, but it is nowhere near like current gen, imo. The Tackling slider has been a struggle to figure out. As I say, I've got it somewhat high, but between the run blk, pass blk, etc., tackles are made just fine, and there are 'some' broken tackles, so tackle set this high doesn't seem to be a hinderance to me.

Anyways, hope u dig em. If not, let me know where the struggle is and I can probably help tweak from there.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

OVR: 7

can i play on a lesser time like 8 min
and slow to very slow
Old 01-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

is this for ps4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame19991999
can i play on a lesser time like 8 min
and slow to very slow
yeah, man. Time is really up to the individual. I just put what i play at. I like to try to simulate a full game. I haven't actually recorded my #plays per game, but I feel like 15 min with acc clock at 14sec is about right for the correct #plays per game. So, feel free. You may not have a 100 yd back, or 300 yd passer all the time, but the game should still feel 'right'.
As to the speed of the game. I personally feel that normal is fairly true to NFL speed, and that's why I like to play there. I would imagine that any slider set would play about the same at various speeds, but I'm really not sure. Give it a try, and let me know. I'm kind of curious about things like that. Maybe, playing on slow or very slow gives u more time to see things and might make it easier to pass or run, but I'm really not sure.
Oh, and these were made on the xbox one, so I would hope they'd be close.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #7
Rookie

boneyard40's Arena

Have to say i think ur spot on with these.PLayed 4 games realism and stats are great.I like the challenge of the passing game like u said got to becareful or u will get picked not a slider error human error. Great sliders
Old 01-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #8
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

what is your auto subs sets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »