I think i have figured out defensive sliders - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

I think i have figured out defensive sliders

This is a discussion on I think i have figured out defensive sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #9
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I think i have figured out defensive sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
I use Mizzous passing sliders but have issues with passing. If I want to loosen the CPU coverage on me I should just lower CPU pass rx? He has it at 35. If I drop it to 30 will I see looser CPU pass coverage?
According to Tariq, and several other posters as I read more, Pass Rx is reversed for the CPU.

So you would want to raise the CPU Pass Rx slider to lower their coverage.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Tariq, I really think you're on to something.

I was using QB acc 5 for both human and CPU. I was also using 40/0/40 in pass Rx/int/coverage respectively. I was gettin realistic numbers except for interceptions were always too high. Usually 3 for the CPU and 1-2 for me. I was so confused because I would get all of these INT's even though I had the INT slider at 0.

Then last night I played a game based off of your suggestions.

I set it at: (hum/CPU)

QB acc 10/10
P block 45/55
WR catch 50/50

Reaction 30/30
INT 25/25
Coverage 15/15

FINALLY, a game without tons of INT's!

Andrew Luck threw for 2 Td's 250 yards and 0 INT
Dane Honani (me) threw for 320 yards 2 TD's and 0 INT
Both had comp % of 68

I'm thinking of upping INT to 20 and putting QB acc at 7 for both.
You mean coverage to 20? Just be careful not to trigger to many INt's.If that happens you can compensate by adjusting INT to maybe 20(or Pass rx slider) , so they are not too tight.

Problem with coverage slider is that at certain value it's stops triggering swat animations and just spams pick attempt animations.Let me know if you get better results.

And i am more and more certain that all 3 mentioned sliders are mislabeled.

P.S. i don't want to take full credit for this if it works and turns out to be correct assumption.Some other people on this forum have had same observations for at least some sliders already , PMO for example.

Last edited by tariq071; 03-13-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #11
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
You mean coverage to 20? Just be careful not to trigger to many INt's.If that happens you can compensate by adjusting INT to maybe 20(or Pass rx slider) , so they are not too tight.

Problem with coverage slider is that at certain value it's stops triggering swat animations and just spams pick attempt animations.Let me know if you get better results.

And i am more and more certain that all 3 mentioned sliders are mislabeled.

P.S. i don't want to take full credit for this if it works and turns out to be correct assumption.Some other people on this forum have had same observations for at least some sliders already , PMO for example.
Yes, my mistake, I did mean coverage to 20.

I'm so certain the coverage slider affects swat vs int animations as you discovered, I have just started calling it the "INT" slider in my head, lol.

However I have decided to leave coverage at 15 for both human and CPU, I think it's almost perfect. With it like that, over 2 games I have have given up 1 interception and caught 1 interception.

I put it up to 20 for a game and too many interceptions and interception animations started happening again. So I'm going with 15 from now on.

Still deciding Pass Rx and the INT slider... I had them both at 30 my last game for both hum and CPU and it seems to work OK.

So had it like this:
(hum/CPU)

QB acc 7/7
P block 45/55
WR catch 50/50

Reaction 30/30
INT 30/30
Coverage 15/15

Got pretty good results
I threw for 360 yards 2 Td's (my QB is Dane Honani)
CPU (Cutler-Bears) threw 280 yards 2Td's and 1 INT.

Both had comp % of 70-80, so both QB's were a little high on %.

I'm going to try 5/5 for QB acc next with this:
(hum/CPU)

QB acc 5/5
P block 45/55
WR catch 50/50

Reaction 35/35
INT 35/35
Coverage 15/15

Also, on a side note.... I almost neeeever get fumbles. Either for me or the CPU. What fumble, tackle, and run block sliders do you use?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Yes, my mistake, I did mean coverage to 20.

I'm so certain the coverage slider affects swat vs int animations as you discovered, I have just started calling it the "INT" slider in my head, lol.

However I have decided to leave coverage at 15 for both human and CPU, I think it's almost perfect. With it like that, over 2 games I have have given up 1 interception and caught 1 interception.

I put it up to 20 for a game and too many interceptions and interception animations started happening again. So I'm going with 15 from now on.

Still deciding Pass Rx and the INT slider... I had them both at 30 my last game for both hum and CPU and it seems to work OK.

So had it like this:
(hum/CPU)

QB acc 7/7
P block 45/55
WR catch 50/50

Reaction 30/30
INT 30/30
Coverage 15/15

Got pretty good results
I threw for 360 yards 2 Td's (my QB is Dane Honani)
CPU (Cutler-Bears) threw 280 yards 2Td's and 1 INT.

Both had comp % of 70-80, so both QB's were a little high on %.

I'm going to try 5/5 for QB acc next with this:
(hum/CPU)

QB acc 5/5
P block 45/55
WR catch 50/50

Reaction 35/35
INT 35/35
Coverage 15/15

Also, on a side note.... I almost neeeever get fumbles. Either for me or the CPU. What fumble, tackle, and run block sliders do you use?
With tackle on 35 and Fumble 40 (human) and 45 (CPU) i've see to many fumbles lol.MJD coughed up the ball twice in two games in a row + 2 fumbles on punt return..so i raised it 42 and 50 for CPU , because CPU QB's were droping it to often on sacks.

Granted it was CPU Geno Smith( and then Mark Sanchez), but disregarding how much i enjoy beating up on "biggest circus on the earth", i have to test it against real QB's (you really can't call those 2 QB's) before i can say anything with certainty.

Sadly there was no Jets trademarked "butt fumble"

Let me know how it works out with higher INT.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

Gonne give this theorie a try. Makes a lot of sence thinking of it. You can havethe int sliderat 0 with high cover slider you still see a lot of interceptions. Gonne try out reaction time at 30 int at 35 and and cover at 15
Old 03-13-2014, 11:15 PM   #14
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

What does the int slider actually do? I've read it's linked tight coverage but I have int at 0 and still get tight coverage. That's with pass reaction at 35 and pass coverage at 20. Same settings for CPU and human.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #15
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Gonne give this theorie a try. Makes a lot of sence thinking of it. You can havethe int sliderat 0 with high cover slider you still see a lot of interceptions. Gonne try out reaction time at 30 int at 35 and and cover at 15
That's exactly the settings I used in my last game. That's funny you thought of a similar make-up.

(With 5 QB acc for hum and CPU)

Things worked well, both QB's had around 250 yards and 2 TD's. The CPU and I both threw 1 INT each.

I should note I use default offensive and defensive pass interference under the penalty sliders section.

I gotta say, I really agree with Tariq on this. Generally I've been getting good results going with 15 INT slider and 30-ish for Pass Rx and coverage slider. I'm still tweaking a bit, but I think pretty satisfied.

I'm just happy there aren't 4-5 interceptions on average per game between the CPU and myself. That was how it was for me after countless games with INT slider at 0.... I could never figure out why until now!

I'll finish by saying I AM NOT SURPISED that sliders are reversed or seemingly mis-labaled. I say that because, as we all know, the wind direction arrow is backwards on FG's and XP's and has been for years... the wind arrow...

If they can't get that right, it's no surprise sliders might be mislabeled.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:41 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
That's exactly the settings I used in my last game. That's funny you thought of a similar make-up.

(With 5 QB acc for hum and CPU)

Things worked well, both QB's had around 250 yards and 2 TD's. The CPU and I both threw 1 INT each.

I should note I use default offensive and defensive pass interference under the penalty sliders section.

I gotta say, I really agree with Tariq on this. Generally I've been getting good results going with 15 INT slider and 30-ish for Pass Rx and coverage slider. I'm still tweaking a bit, but I think pretty satisfied.

I'm just happy there aren't 4-5 interceptions on average per game between the CPU and myself. That was how it was for me after countless games with INT slider at 0.... I could never figure out why until now!

I'll finish by saying I AM NOT SURPISED that sliders are reversed or seemingly mis-labaled. I say that because, as we all know, the wind direction arrow is backwards on FG's and XP's and has been for years... the wind arrow...

If they can't get that right, it's no surprise sliders might be mislabeled.
It appears that as long Pass Coverage slider is 15 or less there is no ridiculous interceptions, and that skilled DB's will still have INT's.I'll try incrementing by 1 (16,17,etc .to see if it changes anything, but only for CPU defense) to see if it helps CPU to pick little bit more.

I had a game against Chiefs and Alex Smith threw 2 Interceptions, but.. both Int's were result of D line pressure..In one occasion he threw the ball into area with no KC players and directly into my SS, and second one he threw into double coverage after my DE was about to sack him.

However, i am still not able to fix CPU's lack of timely response on curls, i managed it to cut it down just to blitz situations, but since CPU blitzes a lot that's still a big problem. With cushion that they are leaving Blackmon had 180+ yards receiving (half from curls)

Last edited by tariq071; 03-14-2014 at 12:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »