Home

I think i have figured out defensive sliders

This is a discussion on I think i have figured out defensive sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I think i have figured out defensive sliders

This is what i was using in those 2 games (it's still work in progress):

Hum/CPU (14 min quarter , 14 sec accelerated clock)

QBA 5/5
PBL 30/50 (you have about 2 seconds to throw the ball )
WRC 47/50
RBL 8/45 (at 9 + you will run outside unhindered , sadly)
F 41/50 (at 40 there is 3-4 fumbles per game and at 42 there is none at all for human)

PRx 45/38 (this is only slider that i don't mond changing from defensive side, other just mess up stuff)
INT 25/35 (CPU throws to many Int's lower it down to 20 or 15 from 25)
PCV 15/15 (testing CPU at 18 now to see if anything is different)
T 35/35 (anything lower CPU can'k kick or punt)

T: 33 (at 36 there is no outside runs, but WR's don't have separation, at 40 TE is faster then DB's but too many INT's and sacks against CPU)
Inj: 36
Fatigue 53 (was 62 changed it per Kpkpkp suggestion and he is right about that ) )

Penalties:

OF 65
FS 65
H 58
FM 10 (thinking of changing for higher)
DPI 50
OPI 50
PCI 60
Clip 50
IG 50
RP 52
RK 55

Subs:
QB 65/55 DT/DE 85/84
RB 94/93 LB 87/86
WR 87/86 CB 70/65
FB 85/83 S 78/77
OL 64/54

Main issues:

- Any outside run that has Stretch in it is OP in second half (on 33)
- CPU poorly defends outside curls (on any threshold) on 2 and long , 3 and long and blitzes, unless they are pressing

Tweak them as you are pleased (after you try them first lol). We are all different and some things may not suit you.And i play on PS4 , my understanding that some things play differently on X1.

Last edited by tariq071; 03-15-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #34
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Wink Re: I think i have figured out defensive sliders

Hey Tariq

I noticed you have fatigue at 62.

I like it that high too and had it there for a while; but then I noticed it caused O-linemen on both sides to dissappear in the 4th quarter. So it kind of works well but breaks something else.

Even at 55 it happens. So I use 53 fatigue max, I notice the dissappearances barely happen now, if at all.

It's lame, but check it out next time you are in the 4th. You'll see it. Makes O-line play a joke late in games because its all 65-OVR guys playing, lol.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Even at 55 it happens. So I use 53 fatigue max, I notice the dissappearances barely happen now, if at all.

You are right , keep forgetting to change that , duh me...also forgot to post game length time and clock...fixed now

Last edited by tariq071; 03-15-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #36
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Anyone on this thread played with pass Blk slider much? I'm trying to tweak sacks out of the game, and I was able to do that CG with a mix of things, and the final slider to do it for me was pass Blk set at 28, I believe. I was messing around with it lately (haven't solved the sack problem), and I just played a couple games with it at 26-28. I swear this caused the CPU to have a ridiculous amount of dropped passes!! Lol, yes, dropped passes, and with most of my sliders set the way I had them, there were also 4 pick sixes!! Lol. God, I hate these sliders. So, there's another one for u as far as interceptions are concerned. Lol. The pass Blk slider?? Really, madden??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #37
MVP

tc020791's Arena

I think i have figured out defensive sliders

Here are my findings when regarding defense:

Lower pass react = Better CPU coverage
Higher pass react = Better HUM coverage

Higher PR/KR Int. = Better coverage for both
Lower = Better run D for both

Lower Pass Coverage = Less INT for both

Tackle is the biggest key to any slider besides maybe thresh. It's pretty much a strength slider. If you up tackle for either side not only will you see better tackling but you'll see better block shedding, better run blocking and better pass blocking.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #38
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Anyone on this thread played with pass Blk slider much? I'm trying to tweak sacks out of the game, and I was able to do that CG with a mix of things, and the final slider to do it for me was pass Blk set at 28, I believe. I was messing around with it lately (haven't solved the sack problem), and I just played a couple games with it at 26-28. I swear this caused the CPU to have a ridiculous amount of dropped passes!! Lol, yes, dropped passes, and with most of my sliders set the way I had them, there were also 4 pick sixes!! Lol. God, I hate these sliders. So, there's another one for u as far as interceptions are concerned. Lol. The pass Blk slider?? Really, madden??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I definitely remember hearing about the connection between the pass block slider and dropped passes. I do not recall anything about it affecting interceptions. Not saying it doesn't, I just don't recall having read that previously.....

I swear, these sliders are enough to make me go back to NCAA 14....
Old 03-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Here are my findings when regarding defense:

Lower pass react = Better CPU coverage
Higher pass react = Better HUM coverage

Lower Pass Coverage = Less INT for both

Tackle is the biggest key to any slider besides maybe thresh. It's pretty much a strength slider. If you up tackle for either side not only will you see better tackling but you'll see better block shedding, better run blocking and better pass blocking.
-Lower pass react = Better CPU coverage
-Higher pass react = Better HUM coverage

I agree on that , i raised mine to 50 and lower CPU to 35 and Seahawks and i are shoting down each other in second quarter.

Didn't try to mess with that since in NCAA 14 low = lots of punt returns for TD

- Lower Pass Coverage = Less INT for both

From what i have tried anything up 18 CPU will go for swats, at 19 every LB(and others) will go for INT only.

On 18 Bobby Wagner swated ball in front of my WR, and on 19 in almost same situation he went for INT and missed = i had 10+ after catch

As for tackling i increased to 40 and it cut down yards after hit and increased fumble, but didn't see anything else that you are mentioning.

@JoshC1977 i hear ya, i finally got NCAA 14 sliders setup nicely, every game is a fight
Old 03-15-2014, 04:33 PM   #40
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
This is what i was using in those 2 games (it's still work in progress):

Hum/CPU (14 min half , 14 sec accelerated clock)

QBA 5/5
PBL 30/50 (you have about 2 seconds to throw the ball )
WRC 47/50
RBL 8/45 (at 9 + you will run outside unhindered , sadly)
F 41/50 (at 40 there is 3-4 fumbles per game and at 42 there is none at all for human)

PRx 45/38 (this is only slider that i don't mond changing from defensive side, other just mess up stuff)
INT 25/35 (CPU throws to many Int's lower it down to 20 or 15 from 25)
PCV 15/15 (testing CPU at 18 now to see if anything is different)
T 35/35 (anything lower CPU can'k kick or punt)

T: 33 (at 36 there is no outside runs, but WR's don't have separation, at 40 TE is faster then DB's but too many INT's and sacks against CPU)
Inj: 36
Fatigue 53 (was 62 changed it per Kpkpkp suggestion and he is right about that ) )

Penalties:

OF 65
FS 65
H 58
FM 10 (thinking of changing for higher)
DPI 50
OPI 50
PCI 60
Clip 50
IG 50
RP 52
RK 55

Subs:
QB 65/55 DT/DE 85/84
RB 94/93 LB 87/86
WR 87/86 CB 70/65
FB 85/83 S 78/77
OL 64/54

Main issues:

- Any outside run that has Stretch in it is OP in second half (on 33)
- CPU poorly defends outside curls (on any threshold) on 2 and long , 3 and long and blitzes, unless they are pressing

Tweak them as you are pleased (after you try them first lol). We are all different and some things may not suit you.And i play on PS4 , my understanding that some things play differently on X1.
14 minutes halves which would be equivalent to 7 minute quarters?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »