I think i have figured out defensive sliders - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

I think i have figured out defensive sliders

This is a discussion on I think i have figured out defensive sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I think i have figured out defensive sliders

I made a post about sliders being mislabeled and how to set the sliders. Still trying to figure out some of the sliders, but it's a good starting point. There are so many people that are changing their sliders out of a slider range and thinking it is doing something when it is really just changing out of a difficulty.

Example, if you have run blocking at 5 and fumbles at 45, You are in all madden difficulty for running. You then increase run blocking to 6. You are now in all pro for running so you start to run all over the cpu and start fumbling more because there are more fumbles at all pro level versus all madden level.

You have to stay within a range for each category, if you move outside the range, the difficulty changes and everything is going to be different.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #50
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
It's really kind of unbelievable that's this kind of thing happens every year. I haven't had time to figured stuff out with testing so I'm glad others are. The coverage sliders is the int slider. No doubt in my mind. I used the setting I'm using so the other two I left at 50 for for the CPU and put coverage at 0. Went to practice mode and coverage was the same but, every int attempt was dropped. I couldn't throw a int no matter how hard I tried. Normally if it hits a DB's hands it's a pick.

Maybe now I can actually get somewhere. Lol
I really hope this is something that gets ironed out. It really is totally inexcusable. It really shouldn't be that hard that give us some sort of stable, easy to decipher, working sliders. They really need to tear the sliders apart and re-do them. The fact that the difficulty level can change by the amount in each category is beyond stupid. Not to mention with something like QB Accuracy the difference between 3 and 100 is really inconsequential. And then the stuff with Pass Coverage sliders being backwards, not backwards. It's just a total mess. It wouldn't be hard to get this game to play amazing, to me at least, if the settings actually worked somewhat properly.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree. They need to make it simple, if you are using custom sliders, take skill level and point totals out of it. Everything should just be on a 0-100 slider and each slider should be independent of the other sliders in the categories. This would make it so easy to customize the gameplay to the way you like it. I'm a software engineer and would love to write the code for the sliders to make them work properly, or at least test them for EA and let them know what has to be fixed.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #52
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Found out another crazy thing. I was testing the pass coverage slider at 0 and the int slider at 100 just to see if the DB's still dropped everything. They did but, now Brady has lost most of his arm strength! Lol I guess the higher the int slider the worse the QB's arm strength is. I had QB acc at 50 by the way.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #53
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Never mind the arm strength thing must have been a fluke but, the DB's still have 0 picks with pass coverage ate 0.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #54
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Someone try 15/50/15 for CPU pass d. It's pretty nice. I've left everything at 50 AP default in testing.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #55
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

This info is a game changer for me. Thanks to the guys who discovered this
Old 04-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #56
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Someone try 15/50/15 for CPU pass d. It's pretty nice. I've left everything at 50 AP default in testing.
I've actually been doing 35/25/15 with great success. Same for human and CPU.

5 or 6 on QB acc for both human and CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »