Home

Charter04's Madden 25 All-Pro CFM Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 25 All-Pro CFM Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #105
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Charter04's Madden 25 All-Pro CFM Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Some of it is I don't think CPU pass block slider is actually the pass block slider. I think it's the CPU catch slider. I played a game with CPU pass block at 100 and it seemed like it made no difference. The only thing I noticed was CPU WR's never dropped a pass the whole game.

I wonder if the CPU catch slider is the pass block one. Anyone tried it at 100?.

As for threshold, having it at 50 has really made a big difference for me with sacks
No, I have never tried playing with WR catching for the CPU to see if it affects their blocking.

Given that other CPU sliders are mislabeled or reversed... It wouldn't surprise me if that one is too.

I have CPU pass blocking at 70 but I still see them drop passes. Usually only if I hit a receiver as he is trying to make the catch.

I suppose it wouldn't be hard to Jack CPU catch all the way up to 100 and see what happens. Wasnt it you who told everyone not to touch that slider?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #106
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
No, I have never tried playing with WR catching for the CPU to see if it affects their blocking.

Given that other CPU sliders are mislabeled or reversed... It wouldn't surprise me if that one is too.

I have CPU pass blocking at 70 but I still see them drop passes. Usually only if I hit a receiver as he is trying to make the catch.

I suppose it wouldn't be hard to Jack CPU catch all the way up to 100 and see what happens. Wasnt it you who told everyone not to touch that slider?
Correction. It was TNK who said never to touch the CPU WR Catch slider. Although he didn't specify as to why. He talks about it around page 10-11 of his slider thread.

He said not to touch it because it "messes stuff up" but he didn't state exactly what got messed up.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #107
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Is there not an option to turn of the hot and cold streaks? I swear I thought there was.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #108
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Correction. It was TNK who said never to touch the CPU WR Catch slider. Although he didn't specify as to why. He talks about it around page 10-11 of his slider thread.

He said not to touch it because it "messes stuff up" but he didn't state exactly what got messed up.
I remember that. I don't think it's true from testing. I tried higher CPU catch it did help. At 100 i had 0 user sacks in the half I played. I barely even hit the QB. I went with it at 75 and still had no sacks. Give it a shot. Try 65-75 and see what results you get
Old 05-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #109
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I remember that. I don't think it's true from testing. I tried higher CPU catch it did help. At 100 i had 0 user sacks in the half I played. I barely even hit the QB. I went with it at 75 and still had no sacks. Give it a shot. Try 65-75 and see what results you get
Interesting find Charter!

I almost never play a game where I have zero sacks or little pressure on the CPU QB by the half. Usually I get tons of pressure... sounds like putting it at 100 really stopped you from doing that, lol.

If what you discovered is what we think, I agree, I think 60 or 65 or something should help w/ sacks. It's sounds like even 75 was too high.

I have always kept this slider at 50. I'll try bumping it up 10 or 15 points and see if sacks become harder in my next CFM game. I also pressure the QB a lot, I'll see if it helps with that too.

I'm at work now, I won't get to try this out for a bit, but I will next chance I get.

I'd be curious if anyone else is trying out the same thing. This could be a great find Charter.

EDIT: Also, if WR Catch and Pass Block are presumably reversed... I wonder if it is for the user side too?

Last edited by kpkpkp; 05-12-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #110
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

So I played a quick half with CPU WR Catch set to 60, and it did seem like it was tougher to get to the QB. I had just one sack, and fewer rushed passes.

I think you might be right Charter.

Granted I have a 99 LE, and two DT's rated in the 90's with a 90+ MLB so I should get some sacks.... (I'm in the year 2018 and I was playing the Bengals who had two 90 rated LT and RT and their guards were both 80's and their Center sucked, he was 70 something.)

I'm gunna play with it at 60 some more, I liked what I saw. I had CPU pass blocking at 60 as well, and my user tackle is at 30 (If that matters).
Old 05-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am going to give this a try at 65 and I will post the results in a little. The sex really ruin this for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sex=Sack lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »