Home

Madden 25 ratings break down project

This is a discussion on Madden 25 ratings break down project within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 25 ratings break down project

I started messing around with changing the ratings today just to test what each one does and if certain ratings do anything. I have to admit I have been a little disappointed how few of the ratings actually do anything. I want to do this same thing for Madden 15. If I buy it.

How I started my testing is simple. I lowered every rating to 0 except a few then even most of those. I only left spd, acc,Cth, THP, TAS, TAM, TAL, injury, sta, and toughness. The QB specific ratings I only left for them. I used default AP with default everything.

With so many 0's you would think it would cause a drastic change in gameplay. It did cause a change but, really it just made the game play a little better. Coverage was better. Even the OL DL interactions were better.

What I'm going to do is add each rating back in either for the whole defense or offense, certain units, or individual plays to see what happens.

Here are some ratings that don't seem to do anything in game. I'll add to it with more testing.

1. All the strength/footwork ratings for pass and run block.

I will make a list of ones that did something and post how much affect it had.

Just as of now I know that ratings like block shed, run, and pass block, accuracy, throw power and others do something. The block shed and run block seem to be more boosts and modifiers than anything that affects actual play on the field. With run block at 0 but, defenders block shed left as is they were blowing go by and throwing linemen pretty easy. I just didn't change anyone's ability or animations though. it seems like it just gives everyone a unrealistic boost. So you have to give certain players more of a boost to make them better.

At all 0 things actually played out more realistic. It seemed positioning and leverage made the difference. Maybe that is why Madden is so Arcady out of the box.

It was also nice to see tackling without the hit power and tackle boost. Much more realistic.

I'll post more as I play more and test more.

Last edited by charter04; 06-28-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 25 ratings break down project

This reminds me of the same sort of "lower ratings = better play" vibe that was evident in M12 (which is sad).

I wonder if jacking up fatigue would work just as well as it did then?
Old 06-27-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

AS always looking forward to your findings
Old 06-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
This reminds me of the same sort of "lower ratings = better play" vibe that was evident in M12 (which is sad).

I wonder if jacking up fatigue would work just as well as it did then?

It seems to but, the only problem is too many times OL players get taken out and don't come back in, in Madden 25. I am going to fiddle with fatigue slider and the fatigue rating. If only you could edit in a CFM.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:43 AM   #5
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

One of the first things I'm going to do is edit my OP. Good grief. It's a wonder it made any sense. I'll blame it on typing it on the iPad.

I noticed tonight how big of an influence penalties can have. I knew it did affect game play but, it was nice to see how. With all the 0 ratings it's easy to see what sliders do, including penalties. Holding was weird. At 1 the oline got terrible at blocking. It instantly gave the dline the advantage. At 99 it was better blocking than 1 but, a hold happened immediately. The line did their best blocking around 50. I didn't get to test much more but, I want to find the sweat spot.

I can't stand how EA had done ratings in this game. With all these 0's there should be terrible play on both sides. Instead the game plays out pretty similar. Even the CPU was fine with 0 AWR! Everyone seemed ok without the ratings. It seems like animations play out the same. Ratings just give a guy a boost to "win" that match up.

So ratings do "matter" it's just done in a unrealistic way. No wonder it's so hard to get this game to play in a ratings based way.

I'll post more as I test more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #6
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I just added strength to the starting OL. 90,88,85,87,87. That's the numbers of the linemen's strength. Going against all 0 strength. Sadly I see no difference. Same push. Same animations.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #7
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Doing another test. Raised DB's man coverage sliders to normal level. 85-90. WR are still getting open at about the same rate. As before. Seeing very little if any difference. It's makes no since that a CB with 90 man to man coverage still can't cover a WR with 0 RTE any better than if he had 0 coverage.

Don't know why but, these tests have honestly surprised me.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:20 PM   #8
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Doing another test. Raised DB's man coverage sliders to normal level. 85-90. WR are still getting open at about the same rate. As before. Seeing very little if any difference. It's makes no since that a CB with 90 man to man coverage still can't cover a WR with 0 RTE any better than if he had 0 coverage.

Don't know why but, these tests have honestly surprised me.
Hey Man ofcourse it surprises you its MADDEN LOL But nice testing as always

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »