Madden 25 ratings break down project - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden 25 ratings break down project

This is a discussion on Madden 25 ratings break down project within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 06-29-2014, 01:25 AM   #9
Rookie

ryanh04's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 25 ratings break down project

Im almost 100% sure Strength is a multiplier. The higher the strength the better they perform all around. I think they just need a way better rating scale and get the rating "CZAR" out of there. I want a game that doesn't make it all about speed.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:32 PM   #10
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanh04
Im almost 100% sure Strength is a multiplier. The higher the strength the better they perform all around. I think they just need a way better rating scale and get the rating "CZAR" out of there. I want a game that doesn't make it all about speed.

Yea the ratings do a little but, it's only as a way of countering the ratings in the matchup.

You only need strength to counter another plays strength. It does actually make players play stronger. If a DL players has 95 block shed they will easily get through the 0 lineman but it's not as easy as he should and it doesn't make him better at using skill or moves to shed blocks.

These ratings should actually make a player better at that skill or ability. RTE should make a receiver better at running routes. The routes look the same. The only thing it does is cause the receiver to "win" the route. Not the skill of getting open it just causes the DB to play worse. So you only need coverage rating for that reason, sadly even with 0 RTE a receiver still has no trouble getting open on curles and outs against a cb with 90 man coverage.

The system needs to be scraped. It's really a NES or SEGA system.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #11
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I was going to spend more time on this but, I'm just tired of messin with Madden 25. It's a video game. It is what it is.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #12
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I was going to spend more time on this but, I'm just tired of messin with Madden 25. It's a video game. It is what it is.

I thought the injury sliders made the game play better far as defenders etc? least that's what I saw posted on the slider sections.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #13
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 25 ratings break down project

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Yea the ratings do a little but, it's only as a way of countering the ratings in the matchup.

You only need strength to counter another plays strength. It does actually make players play stronger. If a DL players has 95 block shed they will easily get through the 0 lineman but it's not as easy as he should and it doesn't make him better at using skill or moves to shed blocks.

These ratings should actually make a player better at that skill or ability. RTE should make a receiver better at running routes. The routes look the same. The only thing it does is cause the receiver to "win" the route. Not the skill of getting open it just causes the DB to play worse. So you only need coverage rating for that reason, sadly even with 0 RTE a receiver still has no trouble getting open on curles and outs against a cb with 90 man coverage.

The system needs to be scraped. It's really a NES or SEGA system.

This makes me laugh and cry all at the same time..laugh cause I figured and cry cause I thought I was fixed at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 06-29-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:05 AM   #14
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
This reminds me of the same sort of "lower ratings = better play" vibe that was evident in M12 (which is sad).

I wonder if jacking up fatigue would work just as well as it did then?
Yep I loved Madden 12

I think I did an entire slider set built strictly around the lowest rated players in the game for each position.

I had some really good results using that way of testing for gameplay. It worked out incredibly well for the QB's as I developed a QB accuracy chart for each QB in Madden that year.

It sucked that I had to change the QB slider every game based on the QB but it was well worth the time during gameplay.

Now days though I very rarely mess with sliders because EA has broken that part of the game and truthfully we don't know what sliders work and what sliders don't work anymore.

I've kind of just moved on to rosters mostly until EA decides to fix gameplay sliders and make them work like they did in the old days.

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-30-2014 at 04:10 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #15
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7

Charter04 are your sliders still up on the PS4? I've tried a couple times to download them with no success..
Old 08-17-2014, 07:56 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

I think changing them has slight effect but some effect other areas we do not expect them to as in awr has more to do with errant passes and having a quick release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »