Slim's All-Pro Realistic Slider Project for Madden 15 - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Slim's All-Pro Realistic Slider Project for Madden 15

This is a discussion on Slim's All-Pro Realistic Slider Project for Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-26-2014, 02:26 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Slim's All-Pro Realistic Slider Project for Madden 15

Hey Slim! Appreciate your work on the sliders! When do you think sliders will be available?
Old 08-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #10
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbya23
Hey Slim! Appreciate your work on the sliders! When do you think sliders will be available?
Should have first set out tomorrow evening.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #11
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

The line protection for the cpu doesn't seem to be the problem. They have more than enough time to throw the ball, sometimes almost to much.

The key will be to get the cpu to check down or throw the ball away more. That's what I am currently working on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 03:15 AM   #12
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Hey Slim, I'm looking forward to your sliders. Sounds like you really want to fine tune All-Pro, which I believe is the best all around experience. I plan on following your progression and trying to help if I can. Do you plan on adjusting these for Slow or Normal speed? Or maybe it'll work for both..

I tried playing on Slow speed and the game is just moving to slow to enjoy. The NFL is fast-paced and I feel like Normal speed is a good balance. I played Slow speed in M25 though, but Normal in M15 is a better representation of NFL speed without being too arcadey, in my opinion.

I put these comments in another thread in here for slider suggestions, so just in case you don't look over that you can read it here: (from only about 5 games played on 15 min qtrs and 15 sec acc playclock):

Let's see, one major problem I'm seeing early (like in M25) is the CPU QB taking too many sacks.

Like others have stated, QB accuracy needs to go down a bit. I'm not seeing many if any errant passes.

The Speed Threshold slider needs to probably go down from 50, because a player like Tavon Austin, as quick as he is (96 spd, 95 acc I believe) should be getting more separation than I've seen in the past 5 15 min quarter games I've played with him. I'm not seeing that separation. I play on Normal speed if that matters.

No penalties called, basically.

That's only after about 5 games, so I haven't played enough yet for more, but the previously mentioned changes by the other members all sound reasonable to me.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:13 AM   #13
Rookie

J ROCK 05's Arena

What up Slim I'm off next few days to really get my hands on Madden and then heading out of town but once you put up a set I'll be helping test your sliders out!

Last edited by J ROCK 05; 08-27-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #14
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Okay, a couple more things after I've played a few more games. I've had like 2 penalties in 8 or 9 games.. that is terrible.

One thing for sure is CPU QB accuracy needs to toned down, I believe. I'm getting very high CPU QB completion percentages in pretty much every game. They are just hitting their targets left and right no matter what defense I throw at them. Errant passes as was toted by EA are too few (next to none) for some of the lower tiered QBs.

I put the Speed Threshold to 25 and Tavon Austin (96 spd, 95 acc) still could not chase down one of the Raiders cornerbacks after I threw an interception (turned into about a 40 yard pick 6) to him. In fact, the guy actually gained a bit of distance on me, not much though, but Austin should have been able to run this guy down no problem. So, that is still concerning to me.

I know in M25 putting the Speed Threshold at 25 was a good setting to create some separation for the faster players in the game. Doesn't seem so in M15.

So that's just two more observations from about 4 more games played last night. Again, on 15 min quarters and using a 15 sec accelerated playclock.. which seems to give close to the NFL average for total numbers of plays run in a game. This was the same in M25 as well.. seems to have carried over.. but maybe there is a better number for the acc playclock, more testing on that would need to be done.

EDIT: One more thing I'd like to see, as mentioned in the slider suggestion thread that is up, is more broken tackles by the running back, at least for the user. I haven't seen many, and first contact IRL doesn't always bring a player down. Zac Stacy for the Rams is a pretty stout back, known for breaking tackles, but he hardly has since I've been running with him. Not looking for a robo RB though, just a more realistic feel in the animations upon initial contact from time to time, with more broken tackles.

Hopefully some of my input has been helpful.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 08-27-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #15
All Star

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

QB accuracy is not the main problem. The fact that they rarely throw passes beyond 10 yards is the issue. The majority of CPU completions are either in the flats, a screen, or a curl route between the hash marks. There aren't many NFL QBs that are going to miss wide open receivers in the 5-10 yard range.

I think the solution is probably a mix of a slight adjustment to QBA, but a larger adjustment to the Pass Reaction and Pass Coverage slider. The tough part will be finding the balance between the Reaction/Coverage slider with Pass Block because when the CPU receivers are covered, the QB usually just stands around until he gets sacked.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:47 PM   #16
Rookie

Can't wait to see these sliders. I'm having a few issues with running the ball on All Pro. But I would love to adjust my gameplay to play sim. Thanks for providing us with these sliders, looking forward to using them once available.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »