Slim's All-Pro Realistic Slider Project for Madden 15 - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Slim's All-Pro Realistic Slider Project for Madden 15

This is a discussion on Slim's All-Pro Realistic Slider Project for Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #17
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Slim's All-Pro Realistic Slider Project for Madden 15

Beta Set One is now in OP. The more feedback the better we can make these.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #18
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Okay, a couple more things after I've played a few more games. I've had like 2 penalties in 8 or 9 games.. that is terrible.

One thing for sure is CPU QB accuracy needs to toned down, I believe. I'm getting very high CPU QB completion percentages in pretty much every game. They are just hitting their targets left and right no matter what defense I throw at them. Errant passes as was toted by EA are too few (next to none) for some of the lower tiered QBs.

I put the Speed Threshold to 25 and Tavon Austin (96 spd, 95 acc) still could not chase down one of the Raiders cornerbacks after I threw an interception (turned into about a 40 yard pick 6) to him. In fact, the guy actually gained a bit of distance on me, not much though, but Austin should have been able to run this guy down no problem. So, that is still concerning to me.

I know in M25 putting the Speed Threshold at 25 was a good setting to create some separation for the faster players in the game. Doesn't seem so in M15.

So that's just two more observations from about 4 more games played last night. Again, on 15 min quarters and using a 15 sec accelerated playclock.. which seems to give close to the NFL average for total numbers of plays run in a game. This was the same in M25 as well.. seems to have carried over.. but maybe there is a better number for the acc playclock, more testing on that would need to be done.

EDIT: One more thing I'd like to see, as mentioned in the slider suggestion thread that is up, is more broken tackles by the running back, at least for the user. I haven't seen many, and first contact IRL doesn't always bring a player down. Zac Stacy for the Rams is a pretty stout back, known for breaking tackles, but he hardly has since I've been running with him. Not looking for a robo RB though, just a more realistic feel in the animations upon initial contact from time to time, with more broken tackles.

Hopefully some of my input has been helpful.

I'm trying to use the points you made into the first Beta set. I do believe the issue with your WR not being able to run the CB down may be due to a low pursuit rating. I've noticed that players with a high pursuit seem to close in much faster when tracking someone down. Will have to do some in depth experimenting on that.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #19
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
QB accuracy is not the main problem. The fact that they rarely throw passes beyond 10 yards is the issue. The majority of CPU completions are either in the flats, a screen, or a curl route between the hash marks. There aren't many NFL QBs that are going to miss wide open receivers in the 5-10 yard range.

I think the solution is probably a mix of a slight adjustment to QBA, but a larger adjustment to the Pass Reaction and Pass Coverage slider. The tough part will be finding the balance between the Reaction/Coverage slider with Pass Block because when the CPU receivers are covered, the QB usually just stands around until he gets sacked.

I agree 100% with your post. Need to be able to find a way to make the QB force the ball down field on a more consistent basis.

Last edited by Slim4824; 08-27-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #20
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
I'm trying to use the points you made into the first Beta set. I do believe the issue with your WR not being able to run the CB down may be due to a low pursuit rating. I've noticed that players with a high pursuit seem to close in much faster when tracking someone down. Will have to do some in depth experimenting on that.
Well, thing is I was user-controlling Austin after the INT, while speed bursting to catch up, and the CB still had a bit of separation. With 96 speed and 95 acceleration, you'd think I'd close in on a 40 yard run.

I just think we need to test the speed threshold a bit this year with some of the faster players to make sure these guys are getting proper separation, because I don't think the threshold has carried over from M25, where the threshold at 25 was near perfect.. not so this year. I just think threshold needs to be low this year to actually see some separation from the elite speed players. I'll probably play with it at 0 this year as it seems 25 didn't make a difference. Our fellow member Armor and Sword is using a 0 speed threshold for his All-Pro sliders, so I can't be the only one noticing this.

Although, I think first and foremost trying to change the way the CPU QB behaves with the ball in his hands is most important. That, and too many sacks.. which I believe is certainly intertwined. Also, more errant passes from lower tiered QBs.

I'm glad to see you put your first set of sliders up though! I'm about to start playing some games soon, so hopefully I can check back in later with some updates. I'll try my best to switch up the teams and take in all that is happening on the field. I really want a realistic set for All-Pro this year.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 08-27-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:08 PM   #21
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Well, thing is I was user-controlling Austin after the INT, while speed bursting to catch up, and the CB still had a bit of separation. With 96 speed and 95 acceleration, you'd think I'd close in on a 40 yard run.

I just think we need to test the speed threshold a bit this year with some of the faster players to make sure these guys are getting proper separation, because I don't think the threshold has carried over from M25, where the threshold at 25 was near perfect.. not so this year. I just think threshold needs to be low this year to actually see some separation from the elite speed players. I'll probably play with it at 0 this year as it seems 25 didn't make a difference. Our fellow member Armor and Sword is using a 0 speed threshold for his All-Pro sliders, so I can't be the only one noticing this.

Although, I think first and foremost trying to change the way the CPU QB behaves with the ball in his hands is most important. That, and too many sacks.. which I believe is certainly intertwined. Also, more errant passes from lower tiered QBs.

I'm glad to see you put your first set of sliders up though! I'm about to start playing some games soon, so hopefully I can check back in later with some updates. I'll try my best to switch up the teams and take in all that is happening on the field. I really want a realistic set for All-Pro this year.
I'm off work on Friday so I'll really be able to sit down and test out the speed threshold. I definitely want to nail down All-Pro this year.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #22
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

I'm going to try with the CPU qb stats low at like 4 or 5 and see what happens. Everything else I will try, I'm doing my jags franchise at moment and having some difficulty which is good
Old 08-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #23
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

I've now seen a few people mention that the penalty sliders are yet again (like M25) are tied to affecting gameplay, so we need to take this into consideration now, rather than upping everything for more penalties, if this truly is the case.

One thing that DID work in M25 to some extent (not consistently) was lowering the Intentional Grounding slider a lot seemed to cause the CPU QB to throw the ball away more when pressure came. I played a good bit of M25 with very a low Intentional Ground setting and did notice this from time to time. The only thing that still happened was playing as the RDE, having the QB slide right and take the sack from the LDE. Add in upping CPU pass blocking and maybe we can have more realistic sack totals in games. The DB coverage and reaction time sliders are still important to this too, in my opinion.

So we should maybe take this into account again, like in M25, to limit the amount of sacks. Hopefully that can help.

I played some games with 0 speed threshold and still found my lineman pulling well on running plays and not overly slow/getting in the RBs way, and it seems that the elite speed players on some teams are getting much better separation. Not saying 0 speed threshold is the way to go, but I think the lower the better for more realistic gameplay this year in that aspect.

I couldn't get as many games as I wanted in tonight, but I'll be playing a lot more full games tomorrow to test. No rush though, better to get these as right and sim as possible instead of putting out a unrealistic playing slider set.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 08-28-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:24 AM   #24
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

I like what I am seeing so far. I was playing the Broncos against the 49ers and it was a nailbiter to the end. I lost 28-20. I played with Osweiler for most of the game since it was a preseason game and completed 65% of my passes but for the time Manning was in he had 100%. The rushing was not good for most of the game. My backup running backs averaged 2 ypc while Ball rushed for 5.7 for the brief time he was in. The 49ers had similar passing stats Kaepernick passed for 100% and Johnson passed for 66% and the 49ers also rushed for 3 ypc among their running backs. Defensively there were 2 sacks for the Broncos and none for the 49ers but the 49ers ended up with 2 interceptions however there were some easy potential interceptions by the Broncos that were dropped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »