Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 104 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-06-2014, 01:39 AM   #825
Rookie

mundial1345's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I just started a very random Tampa Bay franchise. My plan is to start a Vikes franchise but I'm trying to figure out how to make sure the rosters don't get screwed up due to cuts during the preseason before I do so. I want the rosters as close as possible. For a test CFM I don't really care. Anyway I simmed the preseason and played game number one against the Panthers.

What a game this was though. It was easily the best game of Madden I've played in a very long time. The tackling animations, catches, WR/DB interaction (saw some really good looking plays in this department), and inaccuracy of the QB's. The past few years I normally play 5 games total and quit. This year with NHL looking so lackluster, I can see myself playing this and FIFA for a while. Anyway I had a horrid start in this game. Of my first 5 passes, I threw 3 picks with McCown (no joke). Plus there were many other passes that could have been picks. I just couldn't get anything going passing wise until the 3rd quarter. My WR's were all blanketed. It also doesn't help I forgot to turn Injuries off when simming the preseason so of course Vincent Jackson is out 6 weeks so he wasn't available to use.

I was down 14 barely halfway through the first quarter. Both of their TD drives in the first quarter were started off INT's by me. After that Newton sucked it up, and boy do I mean sucked it up. Even some of the passes he was completing were missing bad. It was very awesome to finally see a QB do that because I hadn't yet. I'm trying to decide if he played that bad or if I just played that good of defense. It is easily the best defensive performance I've had yet with this game. The picks saved me big time in the game though. I had two picks in the Red Zone. One of them should have been returned to the house but I stepped out accidentally on the 1 yard line trying to make sure I wasn't going to get tackled from behind. Dashon Goldson was an absolute beast for me. He had 2 picks and 10 tackles. His biggest INT was when I was down 7 with 4 minutes to go in the 4th. He returned it to midfield and on the first play of the drive I broke my first long run in Madden 15. It was a 51 yarder by Martin to tie the game up. I eventually won the game on a last second FG.
I agree it's really nice to see the errant throws I had one especially bad one with Manuel where I was trying to hit Watkins on a slant over the middle and he put it a few feet behind him and just absolutely sailed it over him as well, my jaw just kind of dropped luckily it fell incomplete
Old 09-06-2014, 01:49 AM   #826
Rookie

PSimp21's Arena

Love these sliders. I was winning on all madden, 40-14 on average, and it wasn't fun. Now, I just lost for the first time in CFM, it was impossible to stop Denver. Everything seems on point, sacks and ints for me are down and I have to work for them. Thanks for making these, it made it fun for me again.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:54 AM   #827
Rookie

Just saw the new Slider settings. Was wondering why the CPU Catching got bumped up so high? I remember playing it at 50, and they would not drop anything, no matter what it seems.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:03 AM   #828
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
First competitive game I've had in awhile. I'm using a blend of yours and Quinns sliders, on normal speed with tackle at 25.
I took an early lead 10 nothing by the beginning of the 2nd.
1st drive had Alex Smith picking the titan D apart with small quick routes and finished with a field goal.
2nd drive I mixers in the same pass plays but got Charles involved more. He was able to get around the titan defense a few times for a few medium gains and eventually took it on on an inside rush from the 2 yd line

From there it went downhill, Alex Smith was knocked out of the game, he threw a HB Screen and while I was dancing around with Charles, he came up to lay a block, out with a herniated disc. Chase Daniels hasn't been able to get much going with only a few completions.
I knocked Jake Locker from the game (I missed the injury) thinking I had evened the teams again, but Cooper blew a coverage when I put him in Man Press on Nate Washington, who shook off the the hand fight and streaked ahead a few yards, Whitehurst hit him for a 40+ yd TD.
My next possession, I was in 4 down territory with 3 yards to gain for the 1st, I decided to PA the call and it was easily batted by a LB as I was antsy on the controls and tossed it to a covered Jamaal Charles. Tennessee then tired my defense out with a lot of run and some quick passes with an eventual TD skip by McCluster.

Tennessee now leads 14 - 10 and this has been the most challenging yet entertaining game I've played since I've owned Maddden
To continue my second half, it got even more exciting.

Tennessee gets the ball on the 2nd and Charlie Whitehurst slowly drives down the field with a mix of short passes and Dexter McCluster runs. Kansas City's defense seems to be having trouble with these shift speed rushers as DMC breaks some good runs to the outside for some first downs. Kamnsas City's relentless pass rush creates a set of back to back sacks and one QB hurry that forces a 4th down. Tennessee ends up punting abd pins me back on my own 6 yard line, (Love that CPU coffin punting btw). A few running plays by Charles and this happens...

FUMBLE! Charles takes a redemption hit by old teammate Bernard Pollard and coughs it up, gives Tennessee the ball at my KC's 29 yard line

Tennessee leads a good drive with a combination of McCluster and Sankey short runs, along with some short passes and gets to my 7 yard line. All of a sudden, Charlie Whitehurst turns into Tom Brady as Locker sits on the bench crying. A perfectly thrown corner route, ball placed perfectly between coverage and TD!....Tennessee up 21-10

After a DeAnthony Thomas return of 29 yards, the Chiefs go on a 65 yard 6 play drive, finished by a 39 Yd bomb from Daniels to Jenkins in coverage that Jenkins had to fight foor at the 2 yd line. Kansas City lines up.....ball is handed off to Jamaal Charles, 2 Yard rush for a TD.
Yeah!!

Chiefs convert the 2pt bringing the score to 21-18 in Tennessee's favor

After 3 plays, Tennessee's Whitehurts tries to throw the ball on the flat but Chris Owens is reading him like a hawk, jumps the route and grabs the interception! KC gets the ball back!

4 plays later, Charles leaps the pile for a 1yard TD,Chiefs are now up 25-21

A few more drives in the 4th quarter, Whitehurst is acting flustered after the INT as he was making good short, easy completions beforehand. I was driving the ball with charles, 5 yard gains and first downs before being stopped and given a 4th down. I punted the ball and Colquit pinned Tennessee back on their own 2 yard line. After one incompletion, I had a good blitz by Hali on Whitehurst and he forced a throw at McCluster which was again picked off by Chris Ownes, who was covering McCluster very tight. Owens leaped for the ball, so it may have been an attempt at getting rid of the ball, he came down and tapped his toes in bounds before falling out of bounds. KC ball at Tennessee 14.

After a 3 and out by rushing between Davis and Charles, Santos makes the easy field goal to put KC up by 7, 28-21 with 7:31 on the clock.

KC defense holds Tenn to a 5 play drive resulting in another punt, time left on the clock is 6:09

My goal at this point is to run the clock as low as I can get it, i had adjusted to Chew Clock hiking the ball at the 1 second Play Clock mark. Putting Davis in Charles' Spot and letting Charles come in on 3rd downs, I run an 11 play drive with small gains and run the clock to zero winning the game.

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs
Sep 6, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Tennessee Titans (0-0)0147021
Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)10081028
Team Stats Comparison
TENKAN
Total Offense281378
Rushing Yards100164
Passing Yards181214
First Downs1119
Punt Return Yards1138
Kick Return Yards3382
Total Yards325498
Turnovers2(-1)1(+1)
3rd Down Converstion5-146-15
4th Down Conversion0-00-1
2-Point Conversion0-01-4
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-25-5
Penalties1-50-0
Posession Time22:5837:02
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGTENKAN
5:33(KAN) C. Santos, 24yd FG03
1:02(KAN) J. Charles, 3yd Run010
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGTENKAN
1:39(TEN) D. McCluster, 2yd Run710
1:08(TEN) N. Washington 48yd pass from C. Whitehurst1410
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGTENKAN
6:26(TEN) K. Durham 7yd pass from C. Whitehurst2110
2:16(KAN) J. Charles, 2yd Run (2pt conversion good)2118
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGTENKAN
14:58(KAN) J. Charles, 1yd Run2125
7:30(KAN) C. Santos, 21yd FG2128
Tennessee Titans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Whitehurst16/2516522
J. Locker3/94300
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D. McCluster16865.31
B. Sankey294.50
J. Battle1220
J. Locker1330
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Hunter5163.20
D. Walker34013.30
N. Washington37123.61
D. McCluster3175.60
K. Durham2178.51
T. Graham130300
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
D. Walker10
O. Charles10
A. Levitre10
C. Warmack01
M. Roos02
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
B. Pollard10000
M. Griffin7000
Z. Brown7000
D. Morgan7000
J. Casey6000
W. Woodyard5000
A. Ayers5000
align="right" width="16%">YDS
Kansas City Chiefs
PASSINGC/ATDINT
A. Smith11/1413700
C. Daniels7/127700
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J. Charles351263.63
K. Davis10363.60
A. Fasano1220
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
T. Kelce69515.80
D. Avery56412.80
J. Charles4256.20
F. Hammond21890
A. Fasano112120
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Z. Fulton20
A. Fasano10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
H. Abdullah6000
D. Johnson5000
T. Hali5200
R. Parker3000
J. Johnson4000
D. Poe3000
E. Berry2000
C. Owens2020

I HAVE GOT TO PLAY ONE MORE GAME EVEN THOUGH I WORK IN 5 HOURS!
Old 09-06-2014, 02:51 AM   #829
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Taffer
Just saw the new Slider settings. Was wondering why the CPU Catching got bumped up so high? I remember playing it at 50, and they would not drop anything, no matter what it seems.

I'd like to know this also.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-06-2014, 02:53 AM   #830
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1
Question Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

First of all thanks for the radical slider set, Just updated to latest build.

My question is this my current CFM I am using the edited QB roster as suggested. Now with EA's fix and new sliders. Would it benefit me to do a fresh start with a different Roster? OR should I keep my Current roster with the new sliders?

Again thanks for the Radical sliders!!!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:02 AM   #831
Rookie

PSimp21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove74
First of all thanks for the radical slider set, Just updated to latest build.

My question is this my current CFM I am using the edited QB roster as suggested. Now with EA's fix and new sliders. Would it benefit me to do a fresh start with a different Roster? OR should I keep my Current roster with the new sliders?

Again thanks for the Radical sliders!!!
I had one before also with the edited QB roster, and I started a new one. The new one plays better, with the regular rosters. I kept the old one just to go back and see the difference. I think you will like the new one better.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:05 AM   #832
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1

Ok, thanks for the quick reply, did you do your new CFM with Default EA Rosters? or do you suggest a good set?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »