Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 125 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #993
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmixx
Slider set is working good but need some tweaks IMO. IM 2-2 in my Falcons online CFM. Just lost 34-14 to the Vikings. Matt Ryan threw 6 INTs! Cassel threw for 348 yds & 3 TDs. 82% comp pct. Slowly moving back to default settings to tone down CPU Passing & CPU pass defense.

Watch player confidence in CFM...it's a very powerful variable that can/will significantly lower or raise your ratings and dice roll results on passes, catches, fumbles, sacks, tackles, INT's.
That is why Play Now and CFM play totally different.
Confidence can be a killer or great for your team and especially your QB. It is a new dynamic system that I feel is a real game changer inside CFM and far exceeds the hot/cold streaks of the last several years
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-07-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #994
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon14 Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Watch player confidence in CFM...it''s a very powerful variable and lowers your ratings and dice roll on passes.

That is why Play Now and CFM play totally different.

Confidence.
Ahhh. Ok. I just getting back into Madden after being disgusted with the franchise. Haven't played it since Madden 10 so I'm definitely rusty but the game is enjoyable. I keep that confidence boosted to see if makes a difference for me. Thanks for the tip and the sliders.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #995
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

For those that are preferring QB edits you could try editing Qb's throw away and making elite QB's clutch but leave sense pressure at default and see if you get better results to see if the tuner patched sacks at all. Of course I would do another CFM to test it out.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #996
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

I wish people would stop being idiots and actually watch NFL games for an idea of what the reality is.

Last year when the Packers played the Seahawks, Rogers was sacked 8 times in the first half. Maybe they should cancel the NFL because of this unrealistic stat?

Play a season with a good slider set and then comment on it. Just because you have a game with a high completion percentage by a QB or a couple of sacks by the same DE, doesn't mean the game's broken.

Hint: If you can't stop the CPU run try actually employing some strategy and put 8 in the box and focus on stopping the run.

This is a really good set and more importantly, we finally have a really good game.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #997
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull
I wish people would stop being idiots and actually watch NFL games for an idea of what the reality is.

Last year when the Packers played the Seahawks, Rogers was sacked 8 times in the first half. Maybe they should cancel the NFL because of this unrealistic stat?

Play a season with a good slider set and then comment on it. Just because you have a game with a high completion percentage by a QB or a couple of sacks by the same DE, doesn't mean the game's broken.

Hint: If you can't stop the CPU run try actually employing some strategy and put 8 in the box and focus on stopping the run.

This is a really good set and more importantly, we finally have a really good game.
I agree with everything you said. Hell, today there were some QBs with very high completion percentages. Also, good point on the Rodgers taking the 8 sacks, if may not happen often, but it CAN happen. Post-tuner updates, the game has played a lot better. I played Play Now mode before the updates (I don't think the updates affected Play Now anyway), and got 14 sacks vs. the Packers as the Rams. Now, that is broken, but the play in online CFM has been pretty good. This set is pretty damn good as well.

Another thing, if people are having problems against the CPU, maybe they need to stop using Coach Suggestions all the time (but if you do, hey that's your preference), figure out quick what the CPU is doing right against you, learn some X's and O's of REAL football and formations (hell read up on formations on wikipedia) and what to call on certain downs and distances on offense AND defense, then call a good game manually yourself using the Formations tab to try and counter the other team. I know some people just love using the Coach Suggestions tab, but I prefer to play the X's and O's, and call my own formations. In my opinion, it is more fun, and realistic.

Also, don't expect to always play great if you are the inferior team. Just keep that in mind. It's okay to lose, and lose bad sometimes. This slider set works fine, in my opinion, and after the tweaks I've made to it to cater to my liking even more, is enjoyable enough. Also understand, Madden will NEVER be perfect. Just hope EA can fix some things down the line, and try to enjoy the game after you find yourself a good slider set. OR how about this, make your OWN sliders... the people that are making their own sliders in this forum are working with what EA gives them, remember that. They are trying their best to make the game play better.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-07-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #998
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Yeah, it's like how some people say the run game is broken. Firstly, stop using the sprint button. Be patient, look for holes and sidestep into them. But if you don't have many yards on the ground it doesn't mean the sliders or game are broken. This week: Gerhart averaged 2.3 yds from 18 carries, Lacy 2.8 from 12, MJD 1.2 from 9 carries, Doug Martin averaged 1.0 from 9 carries. Stewart 2.2 from 9. RBs do have bad games!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #999
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I agree with everything you said. Hell, today there were some QBs with very high completion percentages. Also, good point on the Rodgers taking the 8 sacks, if may not happen often, but it CAN happen. Post-tuner updates, the game has played a lot better. I played Play Now mode before the updates (I don't think the updates affected Play Now anyway), and got 14 sacks vs. the Packers as the Rams. Now, that is broken, but the play in online CFM has been pretty good. This set is pretty damn good as well.

Another thing, if people are having problems against the CPU, maybe they need to stop using Coach Suggestions all the time (but if you do, hey that's your preference), figure out quick what the CPU is doing right against you, learn some X's and O's of REAL football (hell read up on formations on wikipedia) and formations and what to call on certain downs and distances on offense AND defense, then call a good game manually yourself using the Formations tab to try and counter the other team. I know some people just love using the Coach Suggestions tab, but I prefer to play the X's and O's, and call my own formations. In my opinion, it is more fun, and realistic.

Also, don't expect to always play great if you are the inferior team. Just keep that in mind. It's okay to lose, and lose bad sometimes. This slider set works fine, in my opinion, and after the tweaks I've made to it to cater to my liking even more, is enjoyable enough. Also understand, Madden will NEVER be perfect. Just hope EA can fix some things down the line, and try to enjoy the game after you find yourself a good slider set. OR how about this, make your OWN sliders... the people that are making their own sliders in this forum are working with what EA gives them, remember that. They are trying their best to make the game play better.

Great post. I always call me own formations. I don't like to use coach suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT: Kwebbvols4423
PSN: Kwebbvols44232
Old 09-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #1000
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

The team record for sacks in a game is 12 and the last time that happened was 2007. By the way the Seahawks had 3 sacks and the Packers had 1. However there were alot of knockdowns. Here is my take on it people need to play their CFM the way they feel is best so if you like the QB edits tweak it to your liking and roll with it and report your stats after you have completed a season. If you prefer no QB edits play a season and report your stats and then people can make a better decision in the future on what is the best approach or if you want play 2 seperate CFM's and see what you like better. Overall you should see a good mix and remember confidence is huge in this game. I reported this earlier in the forum but when Von Miller's confidence went down there was very little production but when I made a point to focus on him he was unstoppable and not just with sacks. He had like 15 tackles. Also I think when gauging sack numbers you want to see if they occured because of a lack of strategy or whether your D line was just that good. Personally, I don't coun't sacks from linebackers unless its a 3-4 defense because to me a lot of those sacks happen because I didn't do enough to prevent it or made the wrong read. So if you are not making adjustments in the game you are really doing yourself a disservice and you shouldn't be surprised the CPU is killing you in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »