Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #1033
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
its good that they working on it.

just tried a cfm everything was going good till the superman back up QB came in he was 17-17 200+ yards 2 td's... meanwhile my back up QB hoyer threw 2 int's lost 3 fumbles on qb hits... and once was a 13-10 game blew up into a 31-13 game all the qb threw was slants which are unstoppable in this game no matter what defense u call.

meanwhile I tried slants and the cmp played so tight of defense my player couldn't of even farted without the defender knowing it.

I think im not gonna start a cfm until they patch the stuff up. I can take loses but not when the cmp is not even missing a throw.. and playing like manning or brady.
So you have the controlling in your hands? Your Hoyer yes? That means HE didnt give it up, you did.

Why blame the sliders? Or the game?

Ive done slants many times and guess what? I complete about 70% of them. Why? I checkdown. If I look left or right and my reciever is playing patty cake with the CB I checkdown. Its really simple.

Play more zone, play more zone blitz. Mix up your play calling. Cover 2 kills slants all day. There defenses that work just fine against slants. Heck just call safety deep man press and make sure those corners press. If you have no pass rush guess what? There going to go 14 for 14.

All out blitz's will be destroyed by any halfway decent QB.

Find the plays where your R and L outslide linebackers zone RIGHT there. Put your safeties down in the slant area in a zone. There, done, the slant is stopped.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #1034
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

From my experience, I've seen that the more pressure you're able to apply, the less accurate the CPU QB, and to be honest that's as it should be. Case in point, Matt Cassel started out like 9 of 10 against me and looked great, in response I turned up the pressure on him, hit him a few times, sacked him a couple of times, and like magic the errant passes started fast and furious.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #1035
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I, too, have run into this problem. It seems that the HUM and CPU coverage values are the same, but the CPU covers much more aggressively @ its value than my guys do at the same value, even with different teams.

I also notice that the HUM QB @ both 5 and 10 QBA misses several throws a game, but the CPU at those same values, even as low as 5, doesn't really miss more than 1-2 throws a game.

That has me thinking that the HUM coverage sliders might need to be higher than the CPU's to generate the same level of coverage.

That won't stop the basic problem of the CPU QB just being way too accurate, but that may not be a fixable problem.
This is an issue with the game and seems they are aready working on this.

On my case, until they fix the QB in the pocket that cause too many sacks for my team and the CPU QB acc. i`m not going to start the CFM.

Basically waiting until mid October when patches are already installed.

Im not going to spend any more time tweaking sliders because i think after the patch we may have to do some changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #1036
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

A lot of good points, problem is you have people that have not played football or do not really understand playcalling, or personnel. The issues in madden
1. cpu qb's holding onto ball to long, not scrambling or not throwing ball away.
2. Lack of penalties on both sides
3. Non playing issues like stats, progression, owner mode. In game super sim. For offline cfm, online solid.

Other than that we have a great game of football, so learn and enjoy the wins and losses. After watching the real Brees and Ryan go at it, I haven't seen anything different in Madden, besides the items I listed.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #1037
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
You all do know the average in the NFL for starting QBs is over 60%? And while I get a game here and there where they go 70 or even 80%, I see the CPU miss plenty of throws.

Are you getting any pressure on the QB? Are your guys getting close? Are you squeezing the pocket, or collapsing it? Making him move his feet?

I like my corners, but there both rooks with low 60's Awareness. And the times where the CPU goes 70 or 80% I have given the QB way to much time to throw. I mean 5 to 7 seconds. Thats a failure on my defensive play calling not the sliders or game.

Watching the NFL this weekend I saw something I had seen in 20 games played in madden. Almost every throw by a QB was challenged by a nearby defender.

I dont see any of this as a bad thing. We need the competition. The CPU has been our boot in the face colleague for a long, long time. I think we should rejoice when they dont throw it out of bounds 10 to 20 times a game.
To keep this about A&S's sliders and how they're playing for us, I'll say this:

I have indeed gotten lots of pressure, averaging 4-5 sacks per game in online CFMs post-tuner update with OAK and MIA.

In the OAK CFM, where I get fine pressure from Tuck, Woodley, and Mack, I saw 2 QBs break the completion percentage record in 5 weeks. It's a rare game that sees the CPU throw for anything less than 75% in my experience, and that's with a range of QBs from Geno to Brady and a range of offensive and defensive schemes.

The HUM player gets plenty of off throws, but the CPU does not, and I've played enough games and kept the stats where I feel that I can say this is objectively true.

The game is quite fun and these sliders are quite good, but I believe that if everyone posted every game's stats, we'd see that 75%-85% is the norm for CPU completions and that most incompletions come from either dropped interceptions or dropped passes, not over/under-throws.

That's the last I'll say about the subject to keep the thread focused, but the post-tuner performance of the passing and coverage sliders seems to keep this an issue.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #1038
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
To keep this about A&S's sliders and how they're playing for us, I'll say this:

I have indeed gotten lots of pressure, averaging 4-5 sacks per game in online CFMs post-tuner update with OAK and MIA.

In the OAK CFM, where I get fine pressure from Tuck, Woodley, and Mack, I saw 2 QBs break the completion percentage record in 5 weeks. It's a rare game that sees the CPU throw for anything less than 75% in my experience, and that's with a range of QBs from Geno to Brady and a range of offensive and defensive schemes.

The HUM player gets plenty of off throws, but the CPU does not, and I've played enough games and kept the stats where I feel that I can say this is objectively true.

The game is quite fun and these sliders are quite good, but I believe that if everyone posted every game's stats, we'd see that 75%-85% is the norm for CPU completions and that most incompletions come from either dropped interceptions or dropped passes, not over/under-throws.

That's the last I'll say about the subject to keep the thread focused, but the post-tuner performance of the passing and coverage sliders seems to keep this an issue.
I guess I just dont see it. 5 games in a row now the CPU has gone from 51% to 72% I think was the highest.

And with the newest iteration of his sliders Ive seen at least 4 deep balls per game thrown by the CPU.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #1039
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Exactly. Like I have maintained in all my impressions and comments we are close to a platinum title of console football.

With another tuner for QB awareness and a patch to fix all the offline CFM issues we have talked about ad nausem (Infinite load screen in 32 team CFM, sim stats, Owner mode being FUBAR with revenue streams all ****ed up) this game is a 9.5/10 easy.

So as some of you know (who have been following my CFM via Twitch) I started out the season 0-4.

I had tough losses to both the Patriots (very close till the second half) and a nip and tuck loss at the Bills...then blow out losses to the Chiefs and Raiders.

Well in the first half vs The Packers at home I pulled Tannehill who's confidence was now at 30. Matt Moore came in with a 54 confidence level and killed it for me. We won going away.

This morning I played on the road at Solider Field (will always be Solider Field to me) and destroyed the Bears. I took Cutler out on a QB scramble, but even before that play I was relentless with my pass rush from Cam Wake (3 sacks) and was wrecking havoc. I also shut down their running game. But the offense was the story....Tannehill got one more shot and he came through. Mike Wallace had 177 yards and 2 long TD's. One on a perfectly called WR screen and the next on a beautiful audible as I recognized a Sugar blitz formation at the LOS and audibled Wallace to a slant in press coverage. Once I snapped the ball and saw the blitz coming along with the free safety along with the LB's I pulled the trigger on the slant and hit Wallace in stride for a 75 yard dash to the end zone.

Which brings me to a huge point.

Do the skills trainer. In particular the defensive read tutorials. Cover 1,2,3,4 Cover 2 Man, Cover 6, Blitz reads.

You must play real football this year with Madden. It's a beautiful thing. I went into this road game against the Bears determined to exploit mismatches...and I did exactly that using the match-up stick.

I upped my run-off to 18 seconds to give me a little more time to read over the defense, look at match-ups, and make audibles.

I also really focused on my defensive coverage audibles. Underneath, over the top, protect the sticks, inside, outside.

Brothers.....all the tools are there to play competitive if your having a tough time getting your offense going, or if you find yourself getting gashed by the CPU in the run game or passing game. This year we have a game that IMO truly has adaptive AI.

EA touted AI 2.0 and by George it's in the game!!!

We have a leaving and breathing dynamic football game this year. There are going to be games you will kill the CPU (like my last 2 games in a row to get me to 2-4 and get some confidence back in my squad) and there will be games you flat out struggle.

The Jaguars were leading the Eagles in Philly 17-0 before the Eagles made some halftime adjustments and went nuts en route to a 34-17 win. It was actually 27-17 with 2 minutes when the Eagles stripped sacked and returned it for a TD for the final score.

One thing I am also doing is switching to traditional view just to see how the offense comes out...then going right back to the def cam to play as a DE/DL 80% of the time. I love the mini-game and I am moving CPU pass blocking to 95. It's more of a challenge and will help with user and cpu teammate controlled sacks. There are going to be games the sack numbers are whacked.....I am living with it till the next tuner to address the CPU QB's holding the ball too long sometimes. But also sometimes they hold long, but keep the play alive with their feet and make some great completions down field....so I hope they don't over tune it. I love how the game is playing for the most part.

Anyway.....play on Maddenites!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-08-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #1040
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

I love this game and the sliders Armor! My one big issue is pocket QBs being able to toss d-lineman off when going for a sack. Too many missed sacks because of it (not sliders fault).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »