Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 131 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-08-2014, 04:03 PM   #1041
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Exactly. Like I have maintained in all my impressions and comments we are close to a platinum title of console football.

With another tuner for QB awareness and a patch to fix all the offline CFM issues we have talked about ad nausem (Infinite load screen in 32 team CFM, sim stats, Owner mode being FUBAR with revenue streams all ****ed up) this game is a 9.5/10 easy.

So as some of you know (who have been following my CFM via Twitch) I started out the season 0-4.

I had tough losses to both the Patriots (very close till the second half) and a nip and tuck loss at the Bills...then blow out losses to the Chiefs and Raiders.

Well in the first half vs The Packers at home I pulled Tannehill who's confidence was now at 30. Matt Moore came in with a 54 confidence level and killed it for me. We won going away.

This morning I played on the road at Solider Field (will always be Solider Field to me) and destroyed the Bears. I took Cutler out on a QB scramble, but even before that play I was relentless with my pass rush from Cam Wake (3 sacks) and was wrecking havoc. I also shut down their running game. But the offense was the story....Tannehill got one more shot and he came through. Mike Wallace had 177 yards and 2 long TD's. One on a perfectly called WR screen and the next on a beautiful audible as I recognized a Sugar blitz formation at the LOS and audibled Wallace to a slant in press coverage. Once I snapped the ball and saw the blitz coming along with the free safety along with the LB's I pulled the trigger on the slant and hit Wallace in stride for a 75 yard dash to the end zone.

Which brings me to a huge point.

Do the skills trainer. In particular the defensive read tutorials. Cover 1,2,3,4 Cover 2 Man, Cover 6, Blitz reads.

You must play real football this year with Madden. It's a beautiful thing. I went into this road game against the Bears determined to exploit mismatches...and I did exactly that using the match-up stick.

I upped my run-off to 18 seconds to give me a little more time to read over the defense, look at match-ups, and make audibles.

I also really focused on my defensive coverage audibles. Underneath, over the top, protect the sticks, inside, outside.

Brothers.....all the tools are there to play competitive if your having a tough time getting your offense going, or if you find yourself getting gashed by the CPU in the run game or passing game. This year we have a game that IMO truly has adaptive AI.

EA touted AI 2.0 and by George it's in the game!!!

We have a leaving and breathing dynamic football game this year. There are going to be games you will kill the CPU (like my last 2 games in a row to get me to 2-4 and get some confidence back in my squad) and there will be games you flat out struggle.

The Jaguars were leading the Eagles in Philly 17-0 before the Eagles made some halftime adjustments and went nuts en route to a 34-17 win. It was actually 27-17 with 2 minutes when the Eagles stripped sacked and returned it for a TD for the final score.

One thing I am also doing is switching to traditional view just to see how the offense comes out...then going right back to the def cam to play as a DE/DL 80% of the time. I love the mini-game and I am moving CPU pass blocking to 95. It's more of a challenge and will help with user and cpu teammate controlled sacks. There are going to be games the sack numbers are whacked.....I am living with it till the next tuner to address the CPU QB's holding the ball too long sometimes. But also sometimes they hold long, but keep the play alive with their feet and make some great completions down field....so I hope they don't over tune it. I love how the game is playing for the most part.

Anyway.....play on Maddenites!!!!
THIS.

AND.

Armor&Swords Im using your sliders for my HOF Elway on the Vikings player Online league. And man, just wonderful.

Just awesome stuff.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:07 PM   #1042
Rookie

OVR: 3

WARNING: long post ahead. I do apologize, just reporting my finding and trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong here.

It's so strange - i seem to be getting the opposite effect with the tuner in place.

I had a cfm going with these sliders, and the QB edits roster, before the tuner. It was going wonderfully. Every game was closely contested, and while the CPU wasn't getting as many yards as I'd like, they were at least usually able to sustain some drives, and typically keep the score close. I was getting a good variety of games, where I'd win one game 31-14, then win the next one 14-6 in a defensive struggle. Then the tuner came out, and I heard great things in this thread about the results of it and no longer needing the QB edits roster. Couldn't wait to give it a try.

Started a new cfm after the updated ea roster and the tuner downloaded. Imported these sliders (via the import method, not editing them within the cfm menu). Using the Browns, here were the results:

-13 minute quarters, 15 second runoff (same settings as previous cfm with these sliders and QB edits roster, which was getting me that sweet spot of 120-130 combined plays)

- Game 1 vs. PIT: 31-0 win, steelers had 68 yards of total offense. Ben sacked 9 times

- Game 2 vs. Saints: 28-7 win. Saints had 140 yards of total offense, Brees sacked 7 times

- Game 3 vs. Ravens: sacked Flacco on 5 consecutive snaps (3 and out, all sacks, then punt (no sack obviously), then sacked him on the first two snaps of their next drive). Was up 24-0 at half, so I stopped that game.

I was just dumbfounded with these results. In the ravens game before I stopped at half, I even tried taking control of Mingo, and just standing there, trying to give Flacco more time to throw. Thing was, even when he had a ton of time, he would just stand there until he got sacked.

It was all so strange, I even deleted the tuner and then re-downloaded it, just to make sure it was in fact installed. Started a second new cfm, just to test it (in case something strange had happened somehow with the first one). Same results in the first half of the Pittsburgh game there. For the most part Ben just sat there until he got hit, even when I controlled mingo and just stayed in place.

So, just to be thorough with testing, I went back and played a game in the cfm I had going with the QB edits roster in place. Wound up being a very tight, 20-18 win.

Sorry for the novel here, just reporting my findings to this point. I love these sliders, and love how the games were playing with the QB edits roster. But, it almost just seems like the tuner is having no effect on gameplay for me, as the sacks are worse than ever and the CPU just can't get any offense going now.

(Note: I know it's not logical to think that the tuner would be downloaded and installed but would be having no effect, but with the results I've had thus far it just "seems" like it).

I don't know. I'm going to give it another go tonight. Going to delete / dl the tuner again just to be sure, then will start a new cfm and import the sliders again, just to see. I definitely want to keep trying them because these sliders, with the QB edits roster in place, was the most fun I've had with madden in years. I could continue that one, but, in year 3 or so when rookie qb's start playing and I can't edit their tendencies, I'm afraid I'd start running into this same issue. So I'd rather get one of the cfm's with the default roste in place working somehow.

Thanks again to A&S for all your work on these. I'm glad they are working so well for you. I hope I can figure out if I'm doing something wrong somehow and can get them working as well for me too.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #1043
Rookie

OVR: 1

I started a new franchise with the Browns today with these sliders and new tuners and rosters, and WOW!! This had to be the best game I've played, not only in how it played out but just the overall "feel", and this was on coach mode as well. Nothing seemed out of whack. Big Ben hit on a long streak route for a 66 yd TD, managed the game well but also got picked 3 times with some inaccurate throws. Manziel started off terrible, hit a groove but still had several bad throws and reads as a rookie should. Ground game was solid on both sides, a few decent runs with a good amount of short gains. The finish was furious, Pittsburgh got the ball down by 4 with 4:30 left, drove 90 yards and hit a short TD pass to Miller with 2 minutes left. I figured we were done but Manziel led a great 2 minute drive, all the way down to the 5 with 20 seconds left only to get picked my Polamalu in the endzone. We only needed to kick the FG to send to OT but I was going for the win. Steelers win 24-21...not too far off from real life!! Only one game but super impressed!

EDIT: Just thought I'd add in that none of the sacks seemed "overpowered", most were free runners on good blitz calls. Both QB's eluded some sacks as well. Manziel's TD to Gordon was just that, shed a sack and hit him in the endzone, great play.

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers
Sep 7, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Cleveland Browns (USER)3315021
Pittsburgh Steelers (CPU)7100724
Team Stats Comparison
CLEPIT
Total Offense346388
Rushing Yards10172
Passing Yards245316
First Downs2218
Punt Return Yards14
Kick Return Yards330
Total Yards380392
Turnovers13
3rd Down Converstion9-186-11
4th Down Conversion1-10-0
2-Point Conversion1-10-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/22/1
Penalties1-91-15
Posession Time29:4730:13
Cleveland Browns
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Manziel34/5026011
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Tate16724.50
Ellington8283.50
Crowell111.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Cameron111059.50
Austin7537.50
Gordon4225.51
Cribbs3299.60
Tate3134.30
Rice2136.50
McClain166.00
Crowell1-4-4.00
Benjamin11010.00
Ellington11313.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Rubin1
Mingo1
Dansby1
Sheard1
Skrine11
Haden1
Clemons1
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Roethlisberger32/4234233
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Bell15724.8
Blount122.0
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Moore77911.20
Miller5488.01
Heyward-Bay511623.21
Brown35410.81
Wheaton3248.00
Bell3124.00
Blount252.50
Spaeth144.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
McLendon1
Mitchell1
Heyward1
Polamalu1

Last edited by WolfDawg; 09-08-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #1044
Rookie

Armor, are you going to be twitch streaming your cfm anytime again soon? And do your streams get archived? I'd like to take a peek at you playing with these sliders, no QB edit roster, and tuner in place and compare it to what I was seeing in mine. With the great results people seem to be getting, I feel like I must have done something wrong in the process, or something strange is just going on. I can confirm for sure though that when I started the cfm, I had already loaded the sliders in the main / home area, adjusted penalties there too, and then used the import sliders function into cfm, before clicking "start season".

Thanks again.

Last edited by tribefanisu2003; 09-08-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #1045
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Miami at Jacksonville week 7 online solo CFM will be on Twitch this evening. Ryan Tannehill looks to lead his Miami Dolphins to a third straight victory. Cam Wake is wrecking havoc on QB's as well as Dion Jordan. WR Mike Wallace has arrived with the Dolphins. Knowshon Moreno and Lamar Miller look to control the clock as well with the ground game. So everyone also knows....I was able to sign Bishop "Hankey" Sankey to the Dolphins as the Titans cut him loose....off the field issues from what I heard. Also Devein Hester was cut by the Falcons ans scooped up by the Dolphins. Hester is now finally home again.

I will post in here to let everyone know when I go on the air for your viewing pleasure.

We also chat and have great talk going on during the broadcast (I do not use a mic I just chat with the keyboard).

Please be patient in getting answers during the stream as I am playing a CFM game and want to win....LOL so I can usually answer quick questions while I play offense.....never on defense...we only have 15 ticks to get our defense set!!!

See everyone tonight.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #1046
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Miami at Jacksonville week 7 online solo CFM will be on Twitch this evening. Ryan Tannehill looks to lead his Miami Dolphins to a third straight victory. Cam Wake is wrecking havoc on QB's as well as Dion Jordan. WR Mike Wallace has arrived with the Dolphins. Knowshon Moreno and Lamar Miller look to control the clock as well with the ground game. So everyone also knows....I was able to sign Bishop "Hankey" Sankey to the Dolphins as the Titans cut him loose....off the field issues from what I heard. Also Devein Hester was cut by the Falcons ans scooped up by the Dolphins. Hester is now finally home again.

I will post in here to let everyone know when I go on the air for your viewing pleasure.

We also chat and have great talk going on during the broadcast (I do not use a mic I just chat with the keyboard).

Please be patient in getting answers during the stream as I am playing a CFM game and want to win....LOL so I can usually answer quick questions while I play offense.....never on defense...we only have 15 ticks to get our defense set!!!

See everyone tonight.
Look forward to the chat and the stream tonight, Also congrats on the fins beating the pats
Old 09-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #1047
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

I do not have internet for my ps4 at my college so I was wondering if there was a copy of these sliders I could put on my USB and get on my ps4. Plus does anyone know how to update the rosters and tuner without internet connection to ps4?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #1048
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

don't mean to take up the thread with off topic question but does anybody have a league the are playing with these sliders???? that would be so much fun lol...sorry for being off topic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »