Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 132 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #1049
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Made a separate post for my settings for broadcast CFM, if anyone interested, thanks to Armor, Quinn, and Aaron for all their help! Post is in madden slider thread.

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 09-08-2014, 06:23 PM   #1050
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefanisu2003
WARNING: long post ahead. I do apologize, just reporting my finding and trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong here.

It's so strange - i seem to be getting the opposite effect with the tuner in place.

I had a cfm going with these sliders, and the QB edits roster, before the tuner. It was going wonderfully. Every game was closely contested, and while the CPU wasn't getting as many yards as I'd like, they were at least usually able to sustain some drives, and typically keep the score close. I was getting a good variety of games, where I'd win one game 31-14, then win the next one 14-6 in a defensive struggle. Then the tuner came out, and I heard great things in this thread about the results of it and no longer needing the QB edits roster. Couldn't wait to give it a try.

Started a new cfm after the updated ea roster and the tuner downloaded. Imported these sliders (via the import method, not editing them within the cfm menu). Using the Browns, here were the results:

-13 minute quarters, 15 second runoff (same settings as previous cfm with these sliders and QB edits roster, which was getting me that sweet spot of 120-130 combined plays)

- Game 1 vs. PIT: 31-0 win, steelers had 68 yards of total offense. Ben sacked 9 times

- Game 2 vs. Saints: 28-7 win. Saints had 140 yards of total offense, Brees sacked 7 times

- Game 3 vs. Ravens: sacked Flacco on 5 consecutive snaps (3 and out, all sacks, then punt (no sack obviously), then sacked him on the first two snaps of their next drive). Was up 24-0 at half, so I stopped that game.

I was just dumbfounded with these results. In the ravens game before I stopped at half, I even tried taking control of Mingo, and just standing there, trying to give Flacco more time to throw. Thing was, even when he had a ton of time, he would just stand there until he got sacked.

It was all so strange, I even deleted the tuner and then re-downloaded it, just to make sure it was in fact installed. Started a second new cfm, just to test it (in case something strange had happened somehow with the first one). Same results in the first half of the Pittsburgh game there. For the most part Ben just sat there until he got hit, even when I controlled mingo and just stayed in place.

So, just to be thorough with testing, I went back and played a game in the cfm I had going with the QB edits roster in place. Wound up being a very tight, 20-18 win.

Sorry for the novel here, just reporting my findings to this point. I love these sliders, and love how the games were playing with the QB edits roster. But, it almost just seems like the tuner is having no effect on gameplay for me, as the sacks are worse than ever and the CPU just can't get any offense going now.

(Note: I know it's not logical to think that the tuner would be downloaded and installed but would be having no effect, but with the results I've had thus far it just "seems" like it).

I don't know. I'm going to give it another go tonight. Going to delete / dl the tuner again just to be sure, then will start a new cfm and import the sliders again, just to see. I definitely want to keep trying them because these sliders, with the QB edits roster in place, was the most fun I've had with madden in years. I could continue that one, but, in year 3 or so when rookie qb's start playing and I can't edit their tendencies, I'm afraid I'd start running into this same issue. So I'd rather get one of the cfm's with the default roste in place working somehow.

Thanks again to A&S for all your work on these. I'm glad they are working so well for you. I hope I can figure out if I'm doing something wrong somehow and can get them working as well for me too.
You made an ONLINE CFM correct?
Old 09-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #1051
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok, absolutely thrilled to report that I figured out what the issue must have been.

The set that I was loading in had pass block for CPU at 75. I looked at the first post in the thread and saw that it was set at 95. Made that adjustment, loaded the sliders in again, and set off to play the Titans.

What. A. Difference.

23-10 Browns win. Only had 2 sacks on the day. For the first time in this CFM, my offense even stalled. Manziel was only 20-39 passing. (Typically in all the games I've played in M15 with the sliders I've routinely passed for at least 65%. Locker was hurt, so Tolzien was in. He went 28-41 for 211 yds. 1 td, 3 int, and he did take a couple shots downfield. (Both picked off). McCluster couldn't get it going at all, but they kept trying to establish the run well into the 3rd quarter, so it was nice to see them not totally abandon it as in years past.

Bottom line - night and day difference compared to when I tried the other night. CPU pass block must have made a huge difference, because that was the only setting from the set of these sliders I loaded, in comparison to the op of the thread.

Great work Armor. Looking forward to finally feeling like I can safely devote a lot of time in CFM without fear of having to start over. (I'd prefer to play an offline CFM, but I'm ready to get going on it "for real" and the online CFM has been quite stable thus far.)
Old 09-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #1052
Rookie

OVR: 0

I feel no matter what sliders I use, I still rack up over 300 pass yards and over 100 rushing yards with the Jaguars offense. Feels kinda unrealistic and I hate it. Just seems too easy still. Does anyone else feel you get too many yards on offense when you play 10-15 minute quarters?
Old 09-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #1053
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGdaddyGROVE
I feel no matter what sliders I use, I still rack up over 300 pass yards and over 100 rushing yards with the Jaguars offense. Feels kinda unrealistic and I hate it. Just seems too easy still. Does anyone else feel you get too many yards on offense when you play 10-15 minute quarters?
So you have tried All-Madden sets as well?
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #1054
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefanisu2003
Ok, absolutely thrilled to report that I figured out what the issue must have been.

The set that I was loading in had pass block for CPU at 75. I looked at the first post in the thread and saw that it was set at 95. Made that adjustment, loaded the sliders in again, and set off to play the Titans.

What. A. Difference.

23-10 Browns win. Only had 2 sacks on the day. For the first time in this CFM, my offense even stalled. Manziel was only 20-39 passing. (Typically in all the games I've played in M15 with the sliders I've routinely passed for at least 65%. Locker was hurt, so Tolzien was in. He went 28-41 for 211 yds. 1 td, 3 int, and he did take a couple shots downfield. (Both picked off). McCluster couldn't get it going at all, but they kept trying to establish the run well into the 3rd quarter, so it was nice to see them not totally abandon it as in years past.

Bottom line - night and day difference compared to when I tried the other night. CPU pass block must have made a huge difference, because that was the only setting from the set of these sliders I loaded, in comparison to the op of the thread.

Great work Armor. Looking forward to finally feeling like I can safely devote a lot of time in CFM without fear of having to start over. (I'd prefer to play an offline CFM, but I'm ready to get going on it "for real" and the online CFM has been quite stable thus far.)
As of only a couple hours ago it was set at 75 not 95 lol
Old 09-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #1055
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
As of only a couple hours ago it was set at 75 not 95 lol
I changed it to 95 this morning.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #1056
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I changed it to 95 this morning.
Thought so, check your PM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »