Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #105
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Played my CFM game here.

Philadelphia Eagles at San Francisco 49ers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Philadelphia Eagles (ME)91080027
San Francisco 49ers (CPU)37017330
Team Stats Comparison
PHISFO
Total Offense463361
Rushing Yards158241
Passing Yards305120
First Downs2213
Punt Return Yards2141
Kick Return Yards17217
Total Yards656419
Turnovers2(-1)1(+1)
3rd Down Converstion11-20(55%)8-16(50%)
4th Down Conversion1-2 (50%)0-0
2-Point Conversion1-10-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals80% (3/1)100% (1/2)
Penalties0-01-5
Posession Time35:0327:59
Philadelphia Eagles
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
N. Foles31/4730021
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L. McCoy261214.60
D. Sproles351.60
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Defense510
San Francisco 49ers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Kaepernick14/2215321
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Lattimore292037.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Defense010

QB Accuracy looked spot on! (I have it at 5)

I gave up some loooong runs early.

Got to Kaep 5 times which is an improvement compared to the 8+ I was getting with other sliders.

Game felt great and I lost a heartbreaker in OT. I elected to receive and on my very first snap, McCoy fumbled the ball for an easy FG win for the 49ers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #106
Pro

OVR: 0

Thanks so much for your awesome work!

As a humble suggestion, every year I come here, and I think "Gee, I'd love to post some nice box scores like that." And then I can never remember how to do it, and have trouble finding the instructions again.

I wonder if you might get a few more helpful boxscores, if you just put a link in your first post every year?

Just an idea. The site for posting box scores is here: http://dynasties.operationsports.com...id=1&sport=nfl

Again, thanks for your work! I'm about to start playing with my Eagles franchise, which might be interesting, because I trade away the entire team in favor of rookies. So, I will be playing with the team full of players with ratings in the 60s and 70s. It will be interesting to see how badly the CPU whips me in season one.

Last edited by sbattisti; 08-28-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:23 PM   #107
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
Player or CPU? Granted I play with the chiefs and 1 of 7 receivers has catching ability, I cant imagine the amount of drops I'd get if it were lowered. In a game now, I get about 5 or 6, and that was playing against Tennessee.
Mostly CPU but players too.
I think with players its a little more realistic because we miss the mark more.

CPU I feel still has pretty good accuracy AND the WR catch everything even in traffic.

I think the CPU issue has to do with what someone wrote on here.
It seems like CPU gets a lot of short passes, and the Defense needs to be adjusted, because they wont drop gimme passes no matter how low the accuracy is.

However, I still think they make too many catches in traffic and hold on to balls when the tackle happens almost immediately after contact.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #108
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Armor, very good first set. My only big gripe so far is the sack issue. As has many others have stated. This game kind of growing on me. The more I play the more I like.
Bulls
Old 08-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #109
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby blue
Armor, very good first set. My only big gripe so far is the sack issue. As has many others have stated. This game kind of growing on me. The more I play the more I like.
This may get nerfed a little via a patch. It is much like the running game last year on M25 in that this was a focus on this years game and it is on display.

No updates yet to the OP.....still testing. The next time I update the OP it will probably be a finished set. I am awaiting the opening day roster from EA and then I will be deep in my CFM and playing The Show as well.

Marino is still working on the All-Madden set and once he is done it will post as well on the OP.

I will look at the coverage audible to head off the higher completion rates for the CPU and how that works as well. I appreciate the find and feedback on that!

Tonight I will stream on twitch a CFM game between the Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots on 13 minute quarters with my latest adjustments (again these are not updated yet on page one as I want to test them).

Again the game will never be perfect, I am just looking to calm a few things like sacks, get the CPU with good to elite backs have solid running games etc. I want ratings to dictate performance as much as possible. So far things are going well for the most part. Once I am feeling the game is playing great for me....I will be done and the set will be finalized. Then tweak to your skill level and play style.

If you watch my game this evening...you will see exactly how I approach Madden, my skill level thus far on Next Gen and my style of play and what I am trying to get out of the game.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #110
Rookie

McKnight2915's Arena

Icon4 Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Armor, good job on these. I really feel this game doesnt need major changes, just tightening up. You`ve got a good base here with small tweaks
Old 08-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #111
Rookie

Xagoth's Arena

OVR: 5

These will definitely be the set I use once I start playing for real (after the first major patch).

Loved reading your First Impressions post....you sound about my age (40...playing football on the Atari 2600 gave that way) and you seem to play sports game the way I do (as sim as possible).

It is AMAZING thinking back to playing football on the Atari 2600 and the evolution of football gaming since...

Bears, Bulls, Cubs and Wildcats through thick and thin...mostly thin...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #112
Banned

oldrockinguy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
I still cant get a passing game going, I don't blame the sliders. I blame my skill.
I'm just terrible at making reads, and when i think I make a good one, a CB jumps the route for a knockdown every time. If I intend to pass further than 5 yards, it will be incomplete.
Bro, I was right there with you, but if I may make a suggestion? Do the tutorials! They are amazing. They show you exactly how to read coverages, go through your progressions etc. I SUCKED before, but now I am actually winning games, with Miami.

Try it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »